• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Donate for SSBM training from ANYONE!!!

Scar

#HarveyDent
Will edit soon with more details but:

The door to the best SSBM players in the world is open to you. Sign up here!

Your contributions are ultimately going to the fight against Breast Cancer, a cause that we can all stand behind. We sincerely appreciate your donations and can't wait to offer our services in thanks.

Together, let's continue to support BCRF and get Melee onto the EVO main stage.

Details:
  • Sign-ups close at 11:00pm Pacific on January 31, 2013.
  • You can choose any player you like, but we can only guarantee the confirmed players, which you can find here.
  • Each donation amount ($50, $30, or $20) is good for 2-3 games, or about 15 minutes of gameplay, for that player. For best results, tell us where you would like us to focus our time.
  • Requests will be fulfilled as players are available, and roughly in the order of donations made, aired on stream, published on YouTube, and sent to you as a video file.
  • If you're available when we are live, you can ABSOLUTELY join the call!
  • In cases where you REALLY want a particular player but REALLY can't afford it, rates are negotiable! Share your sob story in the "special requests" field :p
  • If you have any additional questions, post them to the MIOM Facebook Group

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Great incentive that I'll definitely take advantage of. Just to clarify, "training" means critique from a top player on an existing set that features the donor?

Scar

#HarveyDent
Yes, any set that the donor wants (but probably one of their own), and if you haven't recorded anything yet, we'll honor the deal for the foreseeable future!

Zhea

Smash Ace
Already donated, but I was thinking of donating again... I don't think anything of mine is worth it, but does anyone know if a good quality version of Hax vs Javi from apex 2013 exists? I would pay to have a top level falcon talk about that.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
for 50 bucks i expect the player for a full half hour of training

time mode 30 with silentwolf sounds legit

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I gave $400 total.

can I have an all day training session?

CountOlaf

Smash Cadet
I have a question about the training. If I were to donate, would it be okay for me to post the videos much later, and get critique on them? Also, If I were to post a video with me playing a friend, would they receive critique as well?

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Yes, any set that the donor wants (but probably one of their own), and if you haven't recorded anything yet, we'll honor the deal for the foreseeable future!
I'm glad to see this since I don't have much recorded yet

But this makes it hard to choose a player (depends on if it's singles or teams) :/

Anyway to get around that or do I need to suck it up and choose someone?

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Im really surprised not many people want this opportunity. I'd be willing to critique/train anyone at the next tournament I'm at. I can help with anything Ganon/Falcon related from the player's perspective.

Revven

FrankerZ
Im really surprised not many people want this opportunity. I'd be willing to critique/train anyone at the next tournament I'm at. I can help with anything Ganon/Falcon related from the player's perspective.
I think they're waiting until the actual stream tonight before signing up... I just have a funny feeling. People are going to want something after they've donated, not before.

Scar

#HarveyDent
YES! I'm gonna take a look and put up a schedule for this - I need to work with fellow streamers to get them all done in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks all for your donations!!!

oksas

oak-sauce
i still haven't submitted mine but i donated a decent sum. gonna try to do it tonight i swear 9_9 i'm still eligible yea?

Top Bottom