• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Wavedashing L/R Threshold Inputs

Luxly

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'm fairly new to melee, I've gotten 20XX and played on dolphin for about a month with my friend. I'm decent at techskill in general with my current controller settings, and I have a pretty good understanding of the game, but I have a problem. Right now, I have my L/R buttons on a threshold of 50, which I think is wayyy better for wavedashing. I practiced wavedashing for 2 hours with what I think is the vanilla GC controller setting of having to Click all the way down on L/R buttons in order to wavedash, which not only hurt my hand, but next morning I tried wavedashing for 30 minutes and felt like I had not improved at all.
So my question is, is it possible to play netplay/ in tournaments with these settings? If not, what can I do to minimize pain for vanilla wavedashing, and how can I get more consistent?

Any advice is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Heyzeus_18

Smash Cadet
Hey! I'm fairly new to melee, I've gotten 20XX and played on dolphin for about a month with my friend. I'm decent at techskill in general with my current controller settings, and I have a pretty good understanding of the game, but I have a problem. Right now, I have my L/R buttons on a threshold of 50, which I think is wayyy better for wavedashing. I practiced wavedashing for 2 hours with what I think is the vanilla GC controller setting of having to Click all the way down on L/R buttons in order to wavedash, which not only hurt my hand, but next morning I tried wavedashing for 30 minutes and felt like I had not improved at all.
So my question is, is it possible to play netplay/ in tournaments with these settings? If not, what can I do to minimize pain for vanilla wavedashing, and how can I get more consistent?

Any advice is helpful. Thanks in advance.
For wave dashing you need a full press so analog threshold won’t do anything, I recommend looking up a video on trigger plugs instead of changing controller settings. It should also help with the pain. You can put a small piece of cardboard or something in your triggers so you only need to press about half way to full press. And please when modding your controller use a triwing only.

LittleGamer

Smash Rookie
Modding your controller like this is tournament legal ?

Also Luxly, for the pain, know that there are some hands exercises you can do before and after playing. As I'm new on Melee I did not experienced it on this game, but when doing long sessions on any game where I have to push buttons quickly, I do some of those detailed in the Handbook for Melee (an app you can find on google playstore), and it makes thing a bit easier. You can probably find equivalent exercices on the net too.

Top Bottom