• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Online - Melee Netplay

Meistermayo

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2852-7671-9198
Does your monitor only display at 30fps?
Definitely not. Ive been playing overwatch hots and game projects that use 60fps fine.

Like i said i did somehow get it to run 60fps for a period of time, not sure if its a fault in a compueter setting or a dolphin setting

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I have a Mayflash GC adapter, and i was trying to hook up my GC controller to work using a program called Zadig, and I did "replace driver" for WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385).

I can't detect ANY controllers under windows "Game Controllers," where I used to be able to detect mayflash GC 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I DO have the mayflash adapter detected under windows "Device Manager."

Last edited:

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I have a Mayflash GC adapter, and i was trying to hook up my GC controller to work using a program called Zadig, and I did "replace driver" for WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385).

I can't detect ANY controllers under windows "Game Controllers," where I used to be able to detect mayflash GC 1, 2, 3, and 4.

I DO have the mayflash adapter detected under windows "Device Manager."
Those instructions are for the official Nintendo adapter, not the Mayflash one... although if the 4-port mayflash knockoff's the same internally, it should work.

If it's a third party adapter, is there a chance that there's a "PC/WiiU switch" located anywhere on it? That will help get it working.

Anyway... reason I came through here is because I just did a set of matches over netplay (using Anther's community build, as my computer can't run anything below 4.0.3) and holy smokes it's good, even on my 5-year old Dell Latitude with Intel HD 3000!

When I do more, I'll post a couple of clips, as they were so good. And all of this on my somewhat under-par internet connection and a skype call running!

| Big D |

Smash Master
I'm having issues using my official gamecube adapter on the netplay build of dolphin.

No matter what I do in configure I always get 'adapter not detected'.

I installed Zadig when I first got dolphin. I then installed vjoy which probably messed things up.

On the newer dolphin my controller still works on older it doesn't.

Since then I have removed all presence of vjoy and reinstalled the driver using zadig multiple times but nothing.

Also tried restarting, redownloading, different usb ports but nothing works.

Anybody know what I can do?

FuzzyQuills

Smash Journeyman
I'm having issues using my official gamecube adapter on the netplay build of dolphin.

No matter what I do in configure I always get 'adapter not detected'.

I installed Zadig when I first got dolphin. I then installed vjoy which probably messed things up.

On the newer dolphin my controller still works on older it doesn't.

Since then I have removed all presence of vjoy and reinstalled the driver using zadig multiple times but nothing.

Also tried restarting, redownloading, different usb ports but nothing works.

Anybody know what I can do?
Firstly, make sure you're using the right cable... one of those USB cords only provide power for the vibration function, while the other one carries the controller data signals.

Next, make sure Zadig has the WinUSB driver selected for the adapter. Finally, make sure you're putting the "gamecube controller adapter for Wii U" into the controller slots in Dolphin's config.

And yea, vJoy (or for that matter, any kind of virtual joystick software) can sometimes interfere by having virtual joystick devices detected instead.

Also, if you're still having issues, (and haven't been there yet) follow the guide in the following link: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....eCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin

That there cannot be any better written, IMO, I had myself setup in 3 minutes just following those instructions! :)

EDIT: Taken from that link above, here's part of your problem:

"What about GameCube USB Adapter Driver?"

GameCube USB Adapter Driver, along with vJoy and Zadig drivers, can treat the GameCube controllers as generic gamepads for Windows. They can be configured in Dolphin like any other controller. Unlike vJoy, Dolphin's native support will offer more straightforward and added missing supports from vJoy (i.e. force feedback), and offer better latency. vJoy and Dolphin's native support conflict with one another, so to use the native support in Dolphin, driver services must be stopped through GameCube USB Adapter Driver's window. You probably already have ran Zadig setup if the GameCube USB Adapter Driver version is v3.0 or later. Skip to #Dolphin Setup below if you haven't encountered any problems with it.
Make sure you're not accidentally leaving a redundant service or process related to vJoy running in the background, otherwise, the controller adapter won't work.

Last edited:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Firstly, make sure you're using the right cable... one of those USB cords only provide power for the vibration function, while the other one carries the controller data signals.

Next, make sure Zadig has the WinUSB driver selected for the adapter. Finally, make sure you're putting the "gamecube controller adapter for Wii U" into the controller slots in Dolphin's config.

And yea, vJoy (or for that matter, any kind of virtual joystick software) can sometimes interfere by having virtual joystick devices detected instead.

Also, if you're still having issues, (and haven't been there yet) follow the guide in the following link: https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index....eCube_Controller_Adapter_for_Wii_U_in_Dolphin

That there cannot be any better written, IMO, I had myself setup in 3 minutes just following those instructions! :)

EDIT: Taken from that link above, here's part of your problem:

"What about GameCube USB Adapter Driver?"

GameCube USB Adapter Driver, along with vJoy and Zadig drivers, can treat the GameCube controllers as generic gamepads for Windows. They can be configured in Dolphin like any other controller. Unlike vJoy, Dolphin's native support will offer more straightforward and added missing supports from vJoy (i.e. force feedback), and offer better latency. vJoy and Dolphin's native support conflict with one another, so to use the native support in Dolphin, driver services must be stopped through GameCube USB Adapter Driver's window. You probably already have ran Zadig setup if the GameCube USB Adapter Driver version is v3.0 or later. Skip to #Dolphin Setup below if you haven't encountered any problems with it.
Make sure you're not accidentally leaving a redundant service or process related to vJoy running in the background, otherwise, the controller adapter won't work.
Thanks for the reply! Ended up getting it working so I'm good now thanks!

Laypin

Smash Rookie
I need help connecting to people on using traversal mode. I can only connect to people using direct connections. When I try to host or join using traversal, it says "failed to connect". I've forwarded ports 2626 and 6262, and I'm sure I'm using the same dolphin version and melee iso because I can connect using direct.

Pesi

Smash Rookie
NNID
CurseOfThe18th
So I've been trying to use netplay, but with a wii u adapter there is a bug where the adapter is randomly disconnected and reconnected in a split second. This returns the controller to the default state while it is disconnected, which is with the C stick and Control Stick to the bottom left. Basically, I played a good falco online, had a good time when my computer wasn't making me nosedive off a cliff while I tried to recover.

Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution to this. Apparently it's fairly common, but I haven't found any fix.

Last edited:

Zerrick

Smash Rookie
Dolphin Online - Global Melee Netplay Guide

Overview

Global Melee is a group of Super Smash Bros. Melee players dedicated to making SSBM, along with other GameCube and Wii games, standardized on netplay through Dolphin Emulator. Anyone can play, but we've created a guide that all of our players follow in order to create a stable and fun experience. By following the standards in this thread, you guarantee yourself the ability to sync with anyone else in the Global Melee Netplay Group.

Minimum Requirements (2 player)
  • Core2Duo or AMD Phenom Processor (Lower Variants may need Overclocking)
  • nVidia 8xxx or ATi/AMD Radeon 4xxx series graphics card
    Onboard can work, but we will not support/assist with setup. Your mileage will vary.
  • 2GB of RAM
  • DSL or Broadband Internet
Recommended Specifications
  • Intel Core i5 First Gen or AMD Phenom II
  • nVidia 8xxx or ATi/AMD Radeon 4xxx Series Graphics Card
  • 4GB of Ram
  • DSL or Broadband Internet
Setup

DO NOT DOWNLOAD VANILLA 4.0.2 OR ANY OTHER BUILD FOR NETPLAY. THEY DO NOT SUPPORT DUALCORE OVER NETPLAY AND WILL NOT PROVIDE A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

Changelog

3.5-2468 - Fixed a Plethora of random issues, made input recording work. First build that perfectly synced.
4.0-515 - Introduced UDP Netplay. Caused instant desync bug that happens on 3% of games. Simply restarting the emulator will fix it. Introduced auto-connection that makes it so most people don't have to port forward.
4.0-646 - Fixed the instant desync, added Wii support features for Project M and Brawl. Some speedups to the emulator itself. Memory cards now work over netplay properly.
4.0-648 - Finally fixed the longstanding glitched server bug, fixed some disconnect issues.

Required Files
  • Dolphin DC-Netplay 4.0-652 - Fixes Memory Card Desyncs, Adds Brawl/Project M features. UDP provides smoother connections as well as enhanced hosting abilities. Fixes minor UI issues as well.
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee Revision 2 (1.02) ISO
As of the 4.0 builds, you no longer need to download an INI file. It is included with the emulator in the /sys folder.

For people on Windows XP or without UDP Supported Internet Connections
Procedure

Extract Dolphin to a folder that you want to use. From there, you will run the emulator. You will need to configure a few things before playing:
  1. Place the Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.02 ISO in a directory of your choice. Make sure it is either an iso or gcm file, extracted from any kind of archive. Within dolphin, you must set the default iso directory (under the File Menu,) to the folder where that ISO is being stored.
  2. Once Melee shows up in the ISO list, right click it and go to properties. Under the AR-codes section, there should be a bunch of cheats. The only cheat used in general play is "Global Melee Netplay Settings." Enable that.
  3. In the Options/Configuration Menu, we need to change a few settings. First, make sure Dualcore, Idleskipping and Enable Cheats are all checked. If your router cannot handle UDP automatic port forwarding, you can set the netplay listen port to a manually port. You must follow the port forwarding guide below if you want to do this.
  4. In the Options/Configuration Menu, move to the GameCube tab. Make sure you have at least one controller plugged in.
  5. In Options/Configuraton/GCPads, you can setup your controller. It should be self-explanatory for anyone who's setup an emulator. Those using SDL will have to update their controller when upgrading from 3.5 due to something in SDL's formatting within Dolphin changing. Xinput/Dinput users do not need to do anything.
  6. ALL FIREWALLS MUST BE DISABLED OR ALLOWING DOLPHIN AS OF 4.0-515. This allows us to connect/host netplay sessions without port forwarding. You no longer have to port forward on the 4.0-515/646/648 builds on 90% of routers/networks. Some university students can even host.
  7. Hosting has changed as of the 4.0-515/646 builds. You must right click the game in your gamelist and select the host netplay option. The code your given lets you host without giving out your IP/Port.
3.5-2468 Instructions
  1. Place the Super Smash Bros. Melee 1.02 ISO in a directory of your choice. Make sure it is either an iso or gcm file, extracted from any kind of archive. Within dolphin, you must set the default iso directory (under the File Menu,) to the folder where that ISO is being stored.
  2. On Windows, run dolphin once. It will generate the folder "My Documents/Dolphin Emulator/GameSettings". This is the Global User Directory GameSetting's folder where the cheat INI file needs to be placed. On Mac, to get to the correct INI folder hit cmd-shift-g, and type ~/Library/Application Support/Dolphin and find where INIs are stored. That is where you overwrite the GALE01. On Linux... if you're using Linux, you should know what you're doing by now.
  3. In Dolphin, right click the Melee ISO and go to properties. Head over the info tab and confirm it is revision 2. The INI file only works with revision 2, and you will not sync with other players on other revisions.
  4. Options/Configuration, Enable Cheats, ensure Dualcore is Enabled as well as Idle Skipping.
  5. Options/Configuration/GameCube tab, Turn off all Memory cards
  6. Options/GameCube Pads: Configure your controller to your liking
  7. If you setup everything and cheats still don't seem to be working, right click Melee in the Dolphin Window and click Properties. From There, go the AR Codes tab and make sure Global Melee Netplay Settings is the only cheat enabled!
  8. Optional: Port Forward a port on your router. This allows you to host. For more information please check out http://portforward.com as every router is different and we cannot provide a personalized guide.
Finding Matches and playing online

Dolphin currently uses a peer to peer system. That means the best way to find matches is to find a group of people who want to play online. Thanks to work put in by users, a netplay ladder with full rankings has emerged as the best option. Please go to http://ladder.anthrzy.com/ for friendlies, ranked matches, tournaments and more using Netplay with support for Melee and Project M!

To host a Netplay Game in Dolphin, you simply right click the game you want to host and select the "Host Netplay Session" option. There you will see an ID code on the upper right. You can copy that and give it to anyone else on the same build. You can still get the port by switching from ID to IP. The IP will be your localhost IP, so you have to google for your external IP for others to connect.

Connecting to Netplay is simple. You just go into the Tools tab and hit connect to netplay session and input the 8 character ID or the IP: Port combination as such.

Host then can set buffer before or during the netplay session. The way to get optimum buffer is to stay in the menus and lower buffer until the framerate starts to drop. Lower buffer means less latency, you want the lowest buffer possible without affecting the framerate!

All a client can do is join another netplay session. You must first get the IP and port from the person hosting, and then enter it. Once joined, you just need to wait for the host to start the game.

Recording Input is broken as of 4.0-515, and will be fixed as soon as possible. We'll keep you updated. For games that use memory cards, when you configure pads in Dolphin on 646, you can also configure the memory cards! This is useful when playing other games than Melee and one person has a partially completed save file.

Graphics Settings

General Tab lets you change some general settings. Auto Adjust Window Size lets the window size get locked to Internal Resolution. The rest of the settings are for personal preference and self explanatory.
Under Enhancements, depending on the strength of your graphics card, turning up Internal Resolution can greatly increase your picture quality without sacrificing framerate. Anti-aliasing and anisotropic field will cause problems in Melee, so don't use them. Under Hacks, Cache Display lists can be used for a small speedup, but can break other games. Everything else is fine as default.
All backends sync with one another over netplay, so don't be afraid to try them and figure out which one suits you.

nVidia Users
OpenGL plugin will be fastest, especially with the Vertex Streaming Hack enabled. It will not cause any issues in Melee. OpenGL does suffer from some very intermittent background flicker in Melee; if you have extra processor speed, you can use D3D11 to play with no graphical errors. D3D9 can also be used to fix the background flicker, but will introduce other errors.

AMD/ATI Users
D3D9 and D3D11 will perform better than OpenGL, but D3D9 has significant problems because of how old it is. Despite this, it will also be slightly faster than D3D11. Use D3D9 if you must, but D3D11 will provide more accurate graphics.

Running Project M 3.0 on Dualcore Netplay

Thanks to dilligent work done by Nuckels_EU on our IRC Channel, we discovered that with a few extra steps that you can also run Project M on Netplay with headaches (Brawl, you actually can't due to it requiring cheats/savefiles to setup.) Project M works in 3.5-2468 and the newer 4.0-648 using Dualcore Netplay. The steps we support are:

1. Install Project M (fullset) into a FULL Brawl ISO. When you dump, you cannot trim or scrub it, it must be a legitimate Brawl ISO. I highly recommend using a Wii to dump it as it's the easiest and safest way.
  2. NOTE: While Wifiset works too, but there's literally no reason to use it on netplay.
  3. You want it to use a different savefile than Brawl when setting up, or else you MUST delete your brawl save file for this to work.
  4. On your already setup Dolphin, Go to Options/Wiimote Settings and make sure every Wiimote is disabled.
  5. As of 646, Brawl will start in 4:3 to prevent desyncs. Go into the Options after booting up Project M and manually set the screen to 16:9 to prevent it being stretched (Unless you want it to be 4:3, then you must change your Wii mode to 4:3 in the Options/Configuration/Wii area)
  6. Make sure you don't have a save file. Games will no longer automatically save in netplay, so don't panic if you accidentally create a save file during a netplay session. Offline will still create savefiles so don't do that.
  7. As of 4.0-646 it will start in 4:3 mode no matter what to prevent desyncs. To enable widescreen, go into Project M's options menu and change the screen mode to 16:9.
The Project M ISO MD5 needs to be correct. It turns out there are multiple possible good ISO hashes that you can get depending on the texture/sound files you have. These two are both confirmed to work without desyncing.

dcfcafca21ab415838382f229ee65794 - Brawl 1.0 ISO creates this

503c1536a35709043846cd15b871ae7e - Brawl 1.1 ISO (update partition, won't show up in dolphin) makes this ISO. It syncs perfectly with 1.0 due to the partition being separate.

As I find more possible combinations that work, I will add them to my list of good ISOs.
Project M Guide, Performance and Issues

1. OPTIONAL: If your Brawl extracts as multiple part files from Cleanrip, there is an easy solution on all OSes to fix it. Because I'm on Windows, I'll detail the windows method, but Mac and Linux both have similar commands. On Windows, just hold shift and control then right click in the folder you have multiple part files in and click "Open Command Prompt". Then fill this command out: COPY /B source file1+source file2 destination file This command will give you one full ISO from the multiple part files. Depending on your SD/USB stick, you can have up to nine source files. Just add as many source files as you need with the + indicator shown in the example.
  2. Project M's Skyloft Island is perhaps the hardest stage to emulate between both Melee and Project M. Unless you're on a powerful i5 or i7 processor, stay away from it.
  3. Metal Cavern can run on very weak computers.
  4. Roy, Mewtwo, and the special costumes affect Dolphin just like the Wii. No matter how powerful your computer is, using four of them will knock it down to 50 fps. There's nothing we can do about it, it's a bug in their code.
  5. OpenGL and D3D are a lot closer in speed on Brawl compared to Melee. NVIDIA and AMD users should try both if they're having problems.
  6. Please keep your ISO builder around in case we edit/change things to make it easier.
  7. For widescreen to work in Dolphin build 4.0-648 DC-Netplay, you must manually enable it in the game's options menu.
Text guide for convenience, http://pastebin.com/sr4DjCnz
Extra
Mayflash Setup Guide by Andrewajt62
Dolphin-emu official site
Disc Integrity Checker for Windows
Melee 1.2 Correct Integrity
Dolphin Recommended Accessories Guide - Must disable adblock for it to work right!
http://ladder.anthrzy.com/netplay - Requires registration, but is the best site for netplay matchmaking!

FAQ

Why are my inputs not working right? Can't run, use C-stick
The GameCube uses a radius of 100 for Mayflash adapter, you need to set the controllers in the GCPad to use a radius of 100 on both sticks. For Project M, the c-stick requires a deadzone so that the stick can return to rest.

Why am I desyncing?
There are multiple reasons for desyncing right now. The main reasons would include
1. Different Cheat Codes set
2. Different versions of Dolphin
3. Frameskip can RARELY cause desyncs in Dualcore
4. Setting Framelimiter to something other than "auto" can cause desyncs if the other player does not follow.
5: 4.0-515 has a random startup desync. We advise not using it unless you must.
6: all 4.0-xxx builds have a possibility of startup spectator desync. We are investigating it.

What is buffer? What should I set it at?
Buffer is basically the amount of inputs that the game stores before playing it back during netplay. Each buffer is about a half-frame give or take. Under good conditions, about 17ms of ping per buffer will give you a smooth experience. Lower Buffer means lower lag.

The game locks-up on startup, what gives?
Usually this means you have the wrong revision of Melee. Please go into the game properties and check the revision under the information tab. If you are still getting a black screen or crashing, it is likely a bad dump.

Why are the CPU requirements so high to run such an old game?
Because emulators require a lot of CPU to do their job. You wouldn't want to use a computer from the 1980s to emulate an NES just like you wouldn't want to use a computer from the early 2000s to emulate a GameCube.

Where do I go for extra support with Dolphin issues?
http://dolphin-emu.org has a forum and IRC chat specifically for helping users with Dolphin. We advise those with strange/obscure problems to check there for assistance.
Hey guys, I decided to make a facebook group in cse you guys want a better way of communicating. here is the link for all of you:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/937366256396619/

Shollyboster

Dead Memes and Broken Dreams
NNID
112345brian
Hey, whenever I press pause midmatch the game crashes, saying "incomplete cleanup (regs)." Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, I have a clean build, my settings seem to be fine for netplay, and I am on a MacBook.

It runs at around 50 fps, which is okay, but does anyone have any suggestions to make it run just a little bit faster?

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm building a Hackintosh and want to play Melee online on it.
I ****ing hate Windows so it's not an option. Apparently a Mac ought to work as long as it's powerful enough.
Now I'm wondering about graphics cards, are any of these cards powerful enough to run Melee on the machine, which one should I get?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/december/2016#CustoMac_Pro

EVGA GT 740 SC (single slot)
Form:
Single Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR3

Ports:
2xDVI, mHDMI

Clock:
1059MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GT 740 SC
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
2xDVI, mHDMI

Clock:
1202MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GT 740 FTW
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
2xDVI, mHDMI

Clock:
1202MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GT 740 SC
Form:
Single Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR3

Ports:
2xDVI, mHDMI

Clock:
1059MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GT 740 SC
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
2xDVI, mHDMI

Clock:
1059MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 750 Ti OC 750
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
2xHDMI, 2xDVI

Clock:
1033MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 750 Ti SC
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, DVI

Clock:
1167MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW 750
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, DVI

Clock:
1189MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 950 950
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1203MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 950 Windforce
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1102MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 960 Super Clocked 960
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1216MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 960 Overclocked
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1216MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1241MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 960 SuperSC ACX 2.0+
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1279MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 960 Mini ITX
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
2GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1165MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 960 SC (4GB) 960
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1216MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 960 SSC (4GB) 960
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1279MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 960 FTW (4GB) 960
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1304MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0 970
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1050MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 970 Overclocked 970
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1114MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 970 SC
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1165MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0 970
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1165MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1178MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0 970
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1190MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 970 ACX FTW 970
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, DP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1216MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 970 FTW+ 970
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1216MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX Overclocked
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1076MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 980
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1126MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1228MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 980 SC 980
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1241MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1266MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GT 980 FTW ACX 2.0 980
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1279MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC 980
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1279MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 980 Classified ACX 2.0 980
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1291MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 980 Hydro Copper 980
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
4GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1291MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX 980 Ti 980
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
6GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1102MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti 980
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
6GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, 2xDVI

Clock:
1152MHz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

EVGA GTX TITAN X
Form:
Dual Slot

Memory:
12GB DDR5

Ports:
HDMI, 3xDP, DVI

Clock:
1000Mhz
Amazon US

(CA UK DE ES FR IT )

Newegg

Poppinfresh

Smash Rookie
Hi could anyone point me in the right direction in terms of troubleshooting?
I am using faster 4.4
I CAN connect using direct connection and port forwarding, but that's been spotty at best. Therefore, I am trying to get Traversal to work. I have tried and failed to connect using traversal in the following ways:

No Portforwarding, Portforwarding, Portforwarding with DMZ, plugging ethernet cable into modem.

Any ideas? Is it possible it's the modem?

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
I thought I'd just come in real quick and post about a few words on Netplay.

As someone who lives in an area where there aren't that many local players to train with, Netplay is the best thing that ever happened for me. Although I have not been playing as much recently, there was a time period where before Netplay, I was getting rocked at locals. Upon saving up for a good computer and installing Netplay, I began to train against many players. Sure, sometimes connections can be shoddy, but I've personally found that this situation is not something that appears all that often. I didn't think much of my increase in ability until I went to a local roughly a month after playing Netplay and I did EXCEEDINGLY better. I could feel the skill gap for a change instead of struggling for scraps. Now, I'm not the best player locally.. I'm not even Power Ranked. Heck, I'm decent at best. But that does not change that I felt significant improvement and honestly? If I keep training, who knows what I could accomplish? Sure, I have to actually prove that since anyone can attempt to claim "If I train hard enough, I'll be the best." But that thought never even entered my mind, the idea that I could possibly try for Power Rank, until I began to train on Netplay. Thank you Netplay for being exactly what I needed.

Last edited:

PuffinMyLye

Smash Rookie
Anyone interested in playing Netplay just hit me up anytime at my Hangouts account (in profile). I'm down most nights to play. Just started playing again after years of inactivity so go easy ;).

A user name

Smash Journeyman
Apparently anther's is less active than it used to be? Is there somewhere better to go now for melee netplay?

SoapSuds

Smash Apprentice
Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I'm building a Hackintosh and want to play Melee online on it.
Unfortunately Mac's have pretty poor opengl support and faster melee doesn't work on it yet. I've been running Linux dual booting windows just to play melee.

BigGman

Smash Journeyman
Hi, could anyone tell me exactly what I need for net play? I am technologically impaired. Is a Intel hd 3000 good enough or do I have to upgrade? Do I need any modifications for a laptop? How much would it be for a laptop for the recommended requirements? Thanks

JuicyBoyBoneJones

Smash Rookie
Always down to netplay, always trying to improve.
juicy1nonly
Falcon main from the LA area.
I tend to get decent ping even with people from orange colored regions, so I don't care about distance all too much.

PkBeta

Smash Rookie
NNID
leeawesomeness
I just downloaded Dolphin v5.0 as well as a Super Smash Bros Melee v1.02 iso, and whenever I tried to open it in Dolphin, it immediately stops working. I've tried searching for anything similar but I wasn't able to find anything that worked.

Melee is the only game I've tried so far, and its Game ID: GALE01 with its MD5 being: 0e63d4223b01d9aba596259dc155a174. I'm also using Windows 8.1 with Bing, with an Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 1017U @ 1.60GHz if that matters, with a 64-bit Operating system and x64-based processor. Its RAM is 4.00 GB.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Also sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

Dr. D

Smash Rookie
Hello all,

I recently moved to a new place and need some help diagnosing why I can't connect to Netplay. I'm able to connect to other game servers (dota, heartstone, etc) just fine. I have comporium internet at gigabit speeds. I am using FM5. I had no issues connecting before the move.

When I try to host, it seems I'm able to host, comes up with the hosting window with the code like usual but no one is able to connect using the code I give. When someone else tries to host, I am unable to connect to them. Is there someone who knows more about Netplay that could possibly help me out? My move took me away from smashers to play with live, so all I have right now is Netplay. Thank you so much for any help.

Smashmen

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I live in Costa Rica and for some reason when I play people from my country I usually get more than 120 ping, however if I play against someone in Miami for example, I manage to get less than 70 ping, I tried this multiple times with people from my region however we never manage to get less than 100 ping, anyone know why is this happening?

Sempai

Smash Ace
Sup Smashers. If you are having trouble finding people to play against, I now have a Smash Bros Discord with several rooms for net players only.

https://discord.gg/aQCwEDP

If 10 years ago you told me you'd be able to play melee online, I wouldn't have believed you, but here we are.

CursedKaiju

Smash Apprentice
so whenever i download an iso it turns into a dif, can i play with others over netplay or no?

Yung Nikey

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5399-5236-5207
Is there still no way to play people from other regions (i.e UK to US) without lag?

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Is my setup sufficient for netplay+recording? I've been netplaying using fm 5.7 for a while with no problems, but when I turn on OBS, it lags when I'm on netplay for the other player and sometimes myself. OBS is fine if I'm just using dolphin with no netplay.

CPU: i7-920 @2.67GHz (8 CPUs)
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX 11
Windows 7
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX560
24 inch monitor

Top Bottom