• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dolphin Netplay Linux

Zalexou

Smash Rookie
Hello fellow smashers,

I've started playing Melee and PM on netplay, and I'm having a blast. But I have a problem: I can't seem to find the right version of Dolphin netplay (4.0-652) for Linux. Right now I play on my old Windows partition, but I will eventually get rid of it and stick with Ubuntu.
I have everything ready, the only thing I miss is the right version of Dolphin. For my Windows7 setup, I followed the Dolphin Online Melee Netplay Guide on smashboards (can't link, my account is not old enough sorry) and everything works fine, but the Dolphin version it links to is for Windows and Mac.

So I kept searching and stumbled upon Comex's git repository and a guide to build Dolphin.

Two problems with this: the version of Dolphin is NOT 4.0-652 and when I try to build it I have compilation errors (due to some kind of library update or something like that).

So do you have any idea where I can get the right version?

Thanks in advance,

Zalexou

Zalexou

Smash Rookie
Update:

I fixed my compilation problem and I managed to build Dolphin. But the repo I took it from has the 4.0.648 version and I can't seem to find where to get the sources to build the 4.0.652 version.

So checkedout the commit SHA c5b1ec3329d47006bfddb381f730ad4310528b00 (which is supposed to be the 4.0.652) from the official Dolphin git repository and built it. But even though it says 4.0.652 it's a version that works with the IP: PORT instead of the simple code my Windows version works with. My guess is that I did not chekout the right commit, but I don't know which one would work.

If someone know what repository/commit I should build it from that would be nice.

Thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom