• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dojo Updates: The Otherwise Spoiler-Free Version

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Here's a topic to discuss the latest Dojo updates without risking getting spoiled from the main forums :lick:

Ithilgore

Smash Apprentice
Do you think Captain Falcon's head looks very big and disproportionate in his render at the start of his profile (not in-game, just his render)?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Do you think
Captain Falcon
's head looks very big and disproportionate in his render at the start of his profile (not in-game, just his render)?
They gave him Mario-like proportions. I'm surprised they didn't give him his recent design (
F-Zero G-X
). Oh well.

I like
Falco's
design and am glad he didn't end up having an ugly head. Still, the
Star Fox Command outfit
would've been nice.

So,
Jigglypuff
isn't the easy-to-get character anymore? I don't see her profile in the Dojo.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
yea falcon's head is frikin massive
i laughed when i saw it
but about jiggs, is she still unlocked by beating classic on any difficulty like SBB64/melee? bah i dont remember these things

NukeA6

Smash Master
Master Hand
is completely unchanged. Why why why?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Master Hand
is completely unchanged. Why why why?
What would you want them to change about him? I mean, hes been the same since game 1. Melee only added the Crazy Hand as his partner.

(Incidentally, why did you put his name in a spoiler? Hes not exactly a secret/unlockable aspect of the game.)

Zevox

NukeA6

Smash Master
What would you want them to change about him? I mean, hes been the same since game 1. Melee only added the Crazy Hand as his partner.

(Incidentally, why did you put his name in a spoiler? Hes not exactly a secret/unlockable aspect of the game.)

Zevox
They added lasers in Melee. They could have added some things. But it's not like it really matters.

The spoiler tags are for those who think it would be a spoiler. Then again Sakurai doesn't think so.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Lucario
reminds me of
Mewtwo
. Let's hope he's a decent replacement.

Though, he looks like one of the villains with the dark colors and red eyes.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Today's update was interesting, I must note.

You must Continue! > You must Recover!
You must Continue requires a big toll this time around. Losing coins is bad enough but losing trophies? That hurts.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
You must Continue requires a big toll this time around. Losing coins is bad enough but losing trophies? That hurts.
dont forget loseing MORE coins/stuff on the higher difficulty, that is just cruel if you ask me. you are bound to lose more often on the higher difficulties, so why the bigger punishment?

NukeA6

Smash Master
Kinda strange that the red shell is removed but I'm glad the Barrel Cannon is no more. The spring board is a fine replacement.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Kinda strange that the red shell is removed but I'm glad the Barrel Cannon is no more. The spring board is a fine replacement.
wait what!? the red shell was removed! thats so wrong, I loved making it a uber red shell by reflecting/capeing/whatevering it to make it do 30 damage each hit...

on a side note: mario's cape can be broken like a shield (by capeing a red shell multiple times) which I found kinda funny, not sure if the same is in brawl though.

YellowJT

Smash Cadet
yea im kinda sad that the red shell's gone, its fun putting red shells very high with mario/doc....fun little game of tennis

NukeA6

Smash Master
ROB
has been revealed today but I wonder why they show him before
Jigglypuff, Mr. Game & Watch, and Ganondorf.

Zelda looks like she's fond of him from the second pic.

dooky

Smash Cadet
They're revealing characters in the order you're most likely to unlock them. And yep, the character model is just beautifully detailed.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ROB

ROB
is one of the characters I plan on useing alot, along with snake, olimar, bowser, and mario.

ROB's fighting style seems based on holding a
position rather than chaseing down his opponent, which I think I would enjoy.

Zevox

Smash Lord
ROB

The order they're following for revealing newcomers corresponds the order you unlock them via
playing Brawl matches
- possibly also the order they're unlocked via
Subspace Emissary
, or so I've heard some say.

Anyway,
R.O.B.'s
update was cool. Nice to have confirmation that
waiting longer to use his laser causes it to become more powerful
, and I wonder
how effective continuing to tap B during his spinning attack is?
Odd that they didn't discuss his Final Smash though, and that second way to unlock him is odd as well.

Zevox

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
Too bad they didn't give any explanation for ROB's Final Smash. I'm really curious about any hidden effect it may have.

Today just unveiled the last DOJO update before the American release. Some of those pics are awesome :chuckle:

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Why are we putting spoiler tags around things in a thread where we're discussing the Dojo Updates?

R.O.B.'s Final Smash is
just like the Super Spicy Curry really.

ROB's fighting style seems based on holding a
position rather than chaseing down his opponent, which I think I would enjoy.
Not really, he's surprisingly powerful for a Character, And his aerials look kick-a** in battle.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Why are we putting spoiler tags around things in a thread where we're discussing the Dojo Updates?

R.O.B.'s Final Smash is
just like the Super Spicy Curry really.

Not really, he's surprisingly powerful for a Character, And his aerials look kick-a** in battle.
ya, but thats part of why, you keep the opponent back with attacks with high knockback, so you can pelt them with lasers and the gyro tops or whatever they are. plus he cant move all that quikly so its not like he can catch sonic or fox. (but which character can chatch sonic, I mean realy.) but his attacks are all very good so I guess you could play him either way.

Top Bottom