• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dojo Quote on R.O.B. & your thoughts on him

imabeast78

Smash Apprentice
"His stately form has received a lot of attention, but it’s his air of gentle playfulness that really charms us."

Yep Sakurai Rob sure is a charmer, you might as well call him a heart breaker.
He broke the hearts of many when he was announced but those people are just foolz. As hard as many try to deny it old school rules. I've always been a big supporter of wtf characters due to the element of surprise which is something that I thrive on.

I see him as another welcomed participant to join the fray. Once people unlock his full potential I think many will be surprised with his skillz. Others thoughts on ROB in general are greatly appreciated. I would like to know what people think of him. Though a thread like this might be overdue or outdated I like going back and finding out people's opinions on unexpected things in the game. Whatever feedback you have bring it here.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
Well on the whole, ROB. Is. The. Man.

I havent found a con to his gameplay at all yet and hes one of my favs in Brawl. And hes not so bad in Mario Kart DS

BulgyMilk

Smash Cadet
Nah, R.O.B. is not a man, he is a robot :p
but he is definitely THE robot hehe.

I tried to main R.O.B. but I'm not good enough with him...but he's a great character, definitely one of my alts.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I love WTF characters just as much as the next guy, but ROB still doesn't interest me. He was a surprise, sure. But I still don't really want to play as him.

SSB64 did it right. Ness was a shock AND was really interesting AND played well. In Melee, Mewtwo was a surprise to me and I was really excited to try him out at first. But, you know....

Now ROB. He might be "good", but I still don't see too much about him that makes me want to play as him.

He also randomly looks like Wall-E (or rather, Wall-E looks like Rob). Which isn't really related, but whatever.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
ROB IS AWESOME!
he may look charming and cute in the outside, but he's a cold-hearted killer robot on the inside

He also randomly looks like Wall-E (or rather, Wall-E looks like Rob). Which isn't really related, but whatever.
Disney isn't creative when it comes to robots...:laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
He's basically the Game and Watch of this game. With that said, don't expect a ton of people to like him even with the passage of time. Even though he'll probably be a staple of the series from now on, expect him to be the most requested character to be dumped in the next game.

PukeTShirt

Smash Journeyman
That's the thing though. Q&W was almost garbage crap in melee. R.O.B. is not. In a big big way he is defintly not crap garbage. So, with that in mind, I think he will gain more popularity than Q&W did.

mossdog

Smash Apprentice
I like to think he behaves much like wall-e from the pixar movie

Top Bottom