• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Yoshi Need the ^B To Boost Him Like In Brawl?

Kazooie56

Smash Apprentice
My friend hates Project m because yoshis recovery "sucks becuase the egg" and yoshis his main, does anyone else think thats true?

AlfaStryke

Smash Apprentice
No, where Yoshi lacks in Up B recovery, he makes up for in side B. You have much more horizontal movement in Project M and you don't fall nearly as fast (unless you do it more than twice without touching the ground). Giving you more recovery options. Also you have super armor on second jump (technically subractive armor). So you can go through a lot of gimps if you are not a high % (Falcons Knee, Ganons Dair, Puffs Bair. The list goes on)

P.S. I'm assuming "the egg" means Up B. If the egg means Side B then he is not utilizing it's potential. Hell you can even be slightly below platform and side B will magically roll back on the ledge (not sure if intended or not but I've been using that to trick opponents into thinking I'm dead and nope I just defied gravity lol)

Last edited:

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Can we please STOP posting this garbage EVERY WEEK. You uninformed players need to look at previous posts before you make this thread every goddamn time I log on. Me and the other actual Yoshi mains are so damn tired of answering the same question to people who really don't actually care about the character.

Last edited:

Timid_Panda

Smash Cadet
Can we please STOP posting this garbage EVERY WEEK. You uninformed players need to look at previous posts before you make this thread every goddamn time I log on. Me and the other actual Yoshi mains are so damn tired of answering the same question to people who really don't actually care about the character.
... Well this post made me sad. All I can say is I'm a new player and wanted to main Yoshi, but its not like there's a ton of information clearly posted anywhere. Sometimes new people have honest questions or just want to discuss something about a pretty strange character. To be fair this isn't a super popular character board. There's not too many "ice breaker" topics for Yoshi. You can continue to treat these new posters this way, but I don't think its gonna help the count of "actual" Yoshi mains.

Maybe I could be wrong, but the only reason I picked up Yoshi was because of the way You and Hamyojo politely answered my questions. These threads can't be too annoying because there's only like 1 new yoshi thread a week.

didds

Smash Lord
I have an idea, we should just start a thread, "ask a Yoshi question", where you can ask questions like these without having to start a new thread every time. Idk, something to deal with clutter at least.

I understand that this board is fairly bare.
It also sucks that a lot of these threads keep sprouting.

As for the question, PM yoshi is modeled off of melee Yoshi who had a lot of ledge tricks involving the double jump cancel that happens when you use UpB. Giving him a boost would make his recovery pretty free by just going high everytime too.

It's less of a matter of would it make Yoshi better and more a matter of if it would be a healthy design for the game, which is just wouldn't be.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
I made that post because people ask the same question every week, it's getting to be more of a nuisance than anything else. I'm all for people picking up Yoshi, I'm all for people asking questions, But please please please stop talking about Yoshi's recovery over and over and over again. Should Yoshi have a tongue tether, why does Yoshi's recovery suck, why can't Yoshi have a boost from upB? These questions have been asked way too many times. This board must have like 6 or more threads that are simply someone asking a question because their friend said something or they happened to get Yoshi in random and "discovered some new unheard-of technique" or get some Idea that Yoshi needs more than what he has because they don't know how to play him. I'm all for @ didds didds 's idea of making a thread just for questions like this, it would make dealing with this on a weekly basis easier and would stop gumming up the board.

TomBoComBo

Smash Ace
... Well this post made me sad. All I can say is I'm a new player and wanted to main Yoshi, but its not like there's a ton of information clearly posted anywhere. Sometimes new people have honest questions or just want to discuss something about a pretty strange character. To be fair this isn't a super popular character board. There's not too many "ice breaker" topics for Yoshi. You can continue to treat these new posters this way, but I don't think its gonna help the count of "actual" Yoshi mains.

Maybe I could be wrong, but the only reason I picked up Yoshi was because of the way You and Hamyojo politely answered my questions. These threads can't be too annoying because there's only like 1 new yoshi thread a week.
The reason we (or I) was so patient was because you didn't decide to make a whole new post just to ask a tired question. I see these threads too often and they are given attention once and left to die. I want to personally see a wealth of knowledge in this board so that people can truly learn how to play and the ins and outs of Yoshi. These random questions don't do that, they're just here, rotting away the board and testing the patience of people like me who have spent the past year trying to make this board informative and inspirational. I know I can be venomous sometimes, but it's because I care. I don't like to see posts like these that are made on a whim by people who really don't care. Panda, I could see that you DO care because you took the extra 5 seconds to see that making a new post is unnecessary, and I respect(ed) that. I just don't want you to label me as toxic or something, teaching new players is actually a hidden passion of mine.

Top Bottom