• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Sakurai hate the Wii U or something?

Does Sakurai hate Wii U?

• Yes

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 72.5%
  • Chicken Mc****nugget

Votes: 21 26.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Booster

Smash Lord
Think about it, he hasn't really revealed anything about the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros 4 and has revealed way too much for the 3DS version, so I suspect he hates the Wii U, not to mention he's said himself he doesn't plan to do anything with the Gamepad other then have it be used for a controller, meanwhile for the 3DS version we have Smash Run. The only thing that has been revealed about the Wii U version is that the graphics are better. No ****ing **** Sakurai, now tell us something we don't know about the Wii U version.

Another thing is that the 3DS has stages that are way better then any of the stages revealed for Wii U (Which is about 3 stages not counting stages unique to both games) and more stages have been revealed for the 3DS version.

Who else thinks Sakurai hates the Wii U?

Also if any of you staff members thinks this should be in debate could you move it?

Edit: Please note I am not an idiot, Sakurai was revealing more about 3DS even before it had a release date

Last edited:

Nielicus

Smash Lord
As much as I hate it, they have to promote the 3DS version a lot more because of it coming out sooner, as soon as the 3DS version drops we'll be in Wii U version heaven lol

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And it's posts like this that remind me why I should leave before salt breaks loose.

The reason he's been showing 3DS info as of last is because it's being released first. That's really it.

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Sakurai doesn't hate it. He wants the 3DS to come out so all of the PotDs will be focused on the Wii U version.

D

Deleted member

He's only revealing more about the 3DS version because it's only a little over a month away from being released in Japan. We'll get more Wii U info in due time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Pretty sure there's been more 3DS info lately since it's coming out first.

Once the 3DS version is out, I'm sure lots of new info on the Wii U version will be released.

Plus, the Wii U version offers the traditional multiplayer Smash experience the 3DS version cannot replicate. That alone makes the Wii U version worth buying.

...And I'm pretty sure if Sakurai hated the Wii U that much, he wouldn't have developed the game for it in the first place.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Wat.
The 3DS will be released before the Wii U version, that's the reason of the amount of 3DS information.
And about the 3DS Stages, that's just an opinion, I personally hate them.

Hong

The Strongest
Given that the 3DS version comes out before the Wii U version, it would be a little silly for them to incentivize the Wii U version before the 3DS version comes out. If the Wii U has any cool, exclusive features, they should wait at least a week after the 3DS version releases in Japan before they announce them, to reap maximum sales. Meanwhile, if people find out the Wii U version will have something the 3DS version doesn't, and it's particularly tantalizing, they don't want anyone skipping out on the 3DS version because of it.

Yes, the 3DS version coming out first runs the risk of exhausting some consumers and lowering Wii U sales, but this will help to mitigate the financial risk.

Morbi

Scavenger
Not necessarily. Smash 3DS is this generation's gimmick, last generation we had a full-fledged cooperative story mode. This generation... we have Smash on a handheld console. I am slightly disappointed myself, but I doubt Sakurai hates the console much more than everyone else does. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Why would he hate the Wii U? He's probably more experienced with the 3DS, thanks to Kid Icarus, that's why.. I think. He'll reveal more Smash Bros. Wii U information once Smash 3DS is released. No need to worry about that.

Booster

Smash Lord
Thank you everybody for giving good opinions and not trashing me for my opinion...except you Xavier, you spammed.

Edit: Thank you random staff member for infracting Xavier based on his spam, no one would've done that for me on THAT OTHER forum

Last edited:

Soul.

No, he does not hate the Wii U. Smash 3DS is coming out soon, so that's why he's revealing more information about that specific version.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
While we know very little about the Wii U version in hindsight, we still know some things it has that the 3DS version doesn't, and those are tantalising enough on their own:

-Gamecube Controller support
-Exclusive stages (and right now, most people agree they will be the best ones for tournaments, while the 3DS stages will be a lot more fun for more insane matches).
-Exclusive trophies
-Not exactly an intentional feature, but Smash Wii U is going to be a lot better for streaming and anyone who wants to record any videos of the game, since 3DS capture equipment is much less accessible and much more expensive.
-Amiibos. While these may eventually be available on 3DS Smash, they will be exclusive to Wii U for a time, that much is guaranteed.
-HD Graphics so your waifus look sexier than ever before- *shot*

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Yes. Sakurai despises the Wii U with every fiber of his being. That's why he put in the effort to program a game on a console he hates.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
While we know very little about the Wii U version in hindsight, we still know some things it has that the 3DS version doesn't, and those are tantalising enough on their own:

-Exclusive stages (and right now, most people agree they will be the best ones for tournaments, while the 3DS stages will be a lot more fun for more insane matches).
-Exclusive trophies
-Not exactly an intentional feature, but Smash Wii U is going to be a lot better for streaming and anyone who wants to record any videos of the game, since 3DS capture equipment is much less accessible and much more expensive.
-Amiibos. While these may eventually be available on 3DS Smash, they will be exclusive to Wii U for a time, that much is guaranteed.

Yes, all of your Waifus are belong to us xD

Hong

The Strongest

-Exclusive trophies

Don't forget My Music. ;)

Really, both have exclusive exclusive stages and trophies, and we don't know if the amiibo platform won't work for the 3DS when they release the peripheral next year. So in the end, it's the controller and My Music that stand out most for Wii U version so far IMO.

elephant13

Smash Apprentice
Well if he wants people to buy both version, a basic marketing strategy would show everything good about whats coming out first (3ds) so people buy that... then hit them with the u's exclusives after the 3ds' release so they feel the need to get the u version as well.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Would it make a lot of sense to talk about the Wii U version when the 3DS version is coming first? :laugh:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Think about it, he hasn't really revealed anything about the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros 4 and has revealed way too much for the 3DS version, so I suspect he hates the Wii U, not to mention he's said himself he doesn't plan to do anything with the Gamepad other then have it be used for a controller, meanwhile for the 3DS version we have Smash Run. The only thing that has been revealed about the Wii U version is that the graphics are better. No ****ing **** Sakurai, now tell us something we don't know about the Wii U version.

Another thing is that the 3DS has stages that are way better then any of the stages revealed for Wii U (Which is about 3 stages not counting stages unique to both games) and more stages have been revealed for the 3DS version.

Who else thinks Sakurai hates the Wii U?

Also if any of you staff members thinks this should be in debate could you move it?

Edit: Please note I am not an idiot, Sakurai was revealing more about 3DS even before it had a release date
I cannot even begin to understand your logic.

1. The 3DS version comes out first
2. The 3DS version is already being seen as inferior so it needs the advertising boost.
3. The Wii U version was the one that got the big fancy tournament.
4. Your use of better is entirely subjective and I disagree with it. I also disagree that too much has been shown about the 3DS.
5. With the exception of smash run we didn't know any of the game modes in the 3DS version until recently. Up until now for all we could tell the wii u and 3ds were exactly the same.
6. It's obvious Sakurai didn't want to unbalance things on the wii u by giving the guy with the gamepad an option not available to others.
7. I am really, really tired of seeing people making these insane leaps of what they claim to be logic. There is nothing to suggest that Sakurai hates the Wii U. Maybe favors the 3DS version a bit? Again, that one is coming oiut in 6 weeks. Hate? No, not even close.

Last edited:

Booster

Smash Lord
Don't forget My Music. ;)

Really, both have exclusive exclusive stages and trophies, and we don't know if the amiibo platform won't work for the 3DS when they release the peripheral next year. So in the end, it's the controller and My Music that stand out most for Wii U version so far IMO.
I just hope Wii U gets it's own Adventure Mode too
I cannot even begin to understand your logic.

1. The 3DS version comes out first
2. The 3DS version is already being seen as inferior so it needs the advertising boost.
3. The Wii U version was the one that got the big fancy tournament.
4. Your use of better is entirely subjective and I disagree with it. I also disagree that too much has been shown about the 3DS.
5. With the exception of smash run we didn't know any of the game modes in the 3DS version until recently. Up until now for all we could telk the wii u and 3ds were exactly the same.
6. It's obvious Sakurai didn't want to unbalance things on the wii u by giving the guy with the gamepad an option not available to others.
7. I am really, really tired of seeing people making these insane leaps of what they claim to be logic. There is nothing to suggest that Sakurai hates the Wii U. Maybe favors the 3DS version a bit? Again, that one is coming oiut in 6 weeks. Hate? No, not even close.
I'm all for opinions, but no need to be an ass to me about a legit question I had.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I'd like to say something here: By no means does Sakurai hate the Wii U, that's a given. But maybe he has a preference for the 3DS version over the Wii U version. But that's just my 2 cents.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I highly doubt that he "hates" the Wii U. In fact I'm positive he's more concerned about how it'll turn out. He appears to be giving both versions a lot of time but I'm thinking that the Wii U being the main console will be his crowning achievement. The game looks gorgeous and he'll surely add tons of content not available for the 3DS. Much as how the 3DS will exclusively get Smash Run. As many people have already stated the 3DS version is coming sooner than the Wii U so it makes sense to continue the Hype Train for that version. At least from a marketing stand point.

And just a side opinion it is unfortunate when people make threads about Sakurai "hating" certain aspects of things. Unless we mind probe him we won't know how he feels about things. Just a little pet peeve. The man is doing his best to bring us a fresh new addition to the Smash Series. Someone who hates their job would not be going all out like he is. Especially not for a platform they "hate". Again not firing shots at anyone in particular just one of those things I dislike seeing in a title.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And just a side opinion it is unfortunate when people make threads about Sakurai "hating" certain aspects of things. Unless we mind probe him we won't know how he feels about things. Just a little pet peeve. The man is doing his best to bring us a fresh new addition to the Smash Series. Someone who hates their job would not be going all out like he is. Especially not for a platform they "hate". Again not firing shots at anyone in particular just one of those things I dislike seeing in a title.
What makes those kind of topics even more cringeworthy are the wording of the titles, that often sound like really cheesy and dramatic newspaper headlines:

"Sakurai Hates the Competitive Community, and Here's Why"
"Is Smash 4 Doomed Because of Sakurai's Poor Judgement?"
"Smash 4 is Yet Another Poor and Casual Game By Sakurai, Millions Dead"
"Sakurai Causes a Global Economic Breakdown, Says Miiverse Made It Come To This"

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379
Before the direct, we got a 3DS pic once every 3 weeks. Now it's once every 2 weeks.

Clearly hates the Wii U version.

Booster

Smash Lord
What makes those kind of topics even more cringeworthy are the wording of the titles, that often sound like really cheesy and dramatic newspaper headlines:

"Sakurai Hates the Competitive Community, and Here's Why"
"Is Smash 4 Doomed Because of Sakurai's Poor Judgement?"
"Smash 4 is Yet Another Poor and Casual Game By Sakurai, Millions Dead"
"Sakurai Causes a Global Economic Breakdown, Says Miiverse Made It Come To This"
I love that one the most

The-Power-Within

Smash Ace
NNID
MasterSword06
3DS FC
0447-7094-2346
No, Sakurai does not hate the Wii U. It's just that the 3DS comes out first, so they're promoting that version first. I'm sure after the 3DS Version releases in Japan, you'll start seeing nothing but Wii U screenshots.

Besides, if hated the Wii U, he wouldn't even be making a Wii U version.

...Actually, it seems he loves the Wii U version, because he mostly uses it for trailers and before the 3DS version's release date was announced, he mostly used the Wii U version for the PoTD.

Acadian Flycatcher

Smash Journeyman
Well of course Sakurai should be promoting the Wii U version a few weeks before the 3DS version is being released.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
'Facepalm' Just, what?
The WiiU has MUCH more advertising, on his Miiverse page it says he only has a WiiU, and the reason he hasn't said any WiiU features is because THE 3DS VERSION IS COMING FIRST! Worse stages? Not his fault that some console games don't give good stages. And it's unfair that the WiiU version has two stages from portable games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom