• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does physical attack power affect special moves?

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I can't find a satisfactory answer to this question anywhere.

If I use a spirit that boosts physical attacks like punches and kicks, does that apply only to non-special moves or would that also boost the damage of special moves like Falcon Punch and Kick?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I uh....don't know. Probably not? I know for a fact it improves all other moves, so if you're using Captain Falcon, just abuse smash attacks and the Knee of Justice.

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
I uh....don't know. Probably not? I know for a fact it improves all other moves, so if you're using Captain Falcon, just abuse smash attacks and the Knee of Justice.
It's the sort of thing that I feel like the game should be more specific about upfront.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
I can't find a satisfactory answer to this question anywhere.

If I use a spirit that boosts physical attacks like punches and kicks, does that apply only to non-special moves or would that also boost the damage of special moves like Falcon Punch and Kick?
Can you test in training w/ spirits? I'd look at the Smash wiki for damage of specials on a character and then go into training w/ spirit and test it out. I get the feeling it will work if the special uses fists/kicks and its not magic/fire.

Top Bottom