• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Ness' D-tilt true combo into F-smash?

Mini_Mac

Smash Apprentice
NNID
G_Czech
I just lost to a Ness player on Smash Ladder by a D-tilt to F-smash so I'm wondering if it is true or not. I was at about 89% before the F-smash hit me (and I was playing Cloud and I mention that just in case if weight/fall speed is a factor). Any insight?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
It had a 33% trip chance, so if you trip, then it can true confirm into an f-smash.

Last edited:

_clinton

Smash Master
I should add that dtilt to bat timing is very strict, you pretty much have to have blind faith that the trip will happen so if you see a Ness put out dtilt chances are they will swing the bat after 2 of them (the rates for 2 dtilts are pretty much 50/50 so a lot of Ness' will try for that). Granted if the Ness wants to go for something less than the thing that will kill at semi early %s the timing on that isn't as crazy (like a grab).

Granted the bat can do a lot of shield damage (because of its high base damage) so keep that in mind as well if you took some big damage somehow (fresh nair and fresh tip bat will do 49 of a shield's 50 health).

Last edited:
Top Bottom