• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does melee have lag with unofficial av cables?

Chrism

Smash Rookie
So up until now i have been playing melee on a wii and finally decided to buy a gamecube. problem is that the console i bought didnt come with any cables so i just had to buy a cheap unnoficial power supply and av cables from ebay. does anyone know if this is going to cause any problems with playing melee such as more lag than official cables?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I don't think it would. I've never tried third-party cables, but the power supply either supply wouldn't ever cause lag (it either supplies sufficient power or doesn't), and the cables are essentially just wiring that don't have to convert or upscale the signal (so I dunno what could cause lag on that end). Your picture quality might be a bit poor, but I don't think it'll introduce any lag.

Pauer

The Pauerful
Those cables don't introduce any input lag. In fact, if you buy a video cable with SCART or s-video output (assuming that your TV accepts either), you're gonna get better picture quality than with the original AV cables.

Last edited:
Top Bottom