• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does King K Rool counter snake?

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
So I was experimenting with my movement one thing lead to another and I wanted to see what King K has against snake needless I see advantages with rule, I have course have no knowledge of snake, so I don’t mind being corrected and learning more. King K can take out snakes Grenade set ups with his crown, as contact with the crown causes the grenades to explode on contact but doesn’t stop its boomerang effect, super armor also handles grenades pretty easily, Nair can super armor up smash and C4 sticks. Rool has armor and equal range advantage. Can someone give me static’s on snakes counter to Rools armor and grenade snufing crown options. Crown can also hit grenade if snake decides to drop and grenade and shield causing heavy shield damage. Unsure of shield stun and eats snake can get out of those situations. So more knowledge on snake would be greatly appreciated. And Rool as well. Literally only move that can handle Rools armor is of course side smash which is easy even if you wait for them to release is reactable

Last edited:

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Ahaha, man you couldn't be more wrong.

Snake beats King K. Rool like a baby seal.

While our obese overlord can handle the grenades and such with the krown, this encourages spam. Snake exploits button mashing and spam relatively easily, and usually is quick enough to break the stage in. K. Rool is a slow moving target for Snake to abuse, and the second he starts grabbing and dropping grenades you've already lost your stock.

I'm not overly experienced in the matchup but what I know is that the King K. Rool Discord generally regards Snake as among his worst matchups at the moment. Maybe talk it over with them?

Ginsai

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8248-1982-9689
Ahaha, man you couldn't be more wrong.

Snake beats King K. Rool like a baby seal.

While our obese overlord can handle the grenades and such with the krown, this encourages spam. Snake exploits button mashing and spam relatively easily, and usually is quick enough to break the stage in. K. Rool is a slow moving target for Snake to abuse, and the second he starts grabbing and dropping grenades you've already lost your stock.

I'm not overly experienced in the matchup but what I know is that the King K. Rool Discord generally regards Snake as among his worst matchups at the moment. Maybe talk it over with them?
That’s what learning is about :). I can always be wrong. Thanks! I’ve just been studying Rools armor on Snakes attacks if Rool stays on him he can make it rough. That’s the thing though if he can stay on him.

Top Bottom