• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Ivy's falling nair combos into anything?

BasuKun

Smash Rookie
Yo!

So I've been maining Pkmn Trainer (more specifically, Ivysaur) and I find that her nair is probably one of her best moves. Feels pretty safe to use, covers a nice amount and has many utilities. However I often find myself using it the same way I was always using it in Project M, i.e. as a falling nair > combo starter.

The move itself seems to work the same way, i.e. if you do a falling nair and hit the opponent but cancel the last hit by landing, the opponent will be dragged to the ground with you and there won't be any knockback since the last hit was cancelled. In PM this was a good combo starter as it could lead to stuff like utilt, however in SSBU, falling nair to utilt basically only works if the opponent has slow reaction time, so I really shouldn't rely on it. Any opponent with good enough reaction time will be able to land a jab inbetween your nair and the utilt, and from there you're the one being combo'd.

Have you guys labbed falling nair yet? Does it safely lead into any of Ivy's moves?

Thanks!

1FC0

Smash Lord
Ivysaur's falling Nair combo's into the opponents moves it seems. It is like a reversed Luigi Nair: Luigi's opponent's moves combo into Luigi's Nair while Ivysaur's Nair combo's into his opponent's moves.

But online I have managed to combo it into Bullet Seed but it seems that indeed only works if the opponent is slow to react.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah normally my opponent is able to attack me out of it, but on occasion I've been able to get a combo. I wonder if it has to do with what frame of the move you land it on. It might be worth hitting the lab for me.

It's worth noting that D-tilt is Ivysaur's fastest move and what I've normally been going for.

Edit: The final hit of Nair can combo into d-tilt from around 0-20% on King Dedede. Not that impressive nor practical but worth noting I suppose. You also need to land with the final hit, land too early and your opponent will be able to act. They might still be able to escape with DI however.

Comboing into f-tilt, jab or Bullet Seed just doesn't work. Overall it's a very weak combo tool, which is a shame because even as someone who's never played Project M it feels like it should be one.

Last edited:

BasuKun

Smash Rookie
Aw man that sucks to hear, that's one habit I'm gonna have a hard time getting rid of lol. Maybe falling nair > spot dodge > utilt could be an option, but then again that's also punishable if the enemy knows that's your go-to.

Wnyke

Smash Cadet
You can use it to land behind an oponent and use bullet seed out of it. It's not a true combo.

Top Bottom