• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Ike Have Five Spikes?

Von Klavier

Smash Rookie
Hilt of Dair
Hilt of Dtilt (or is it a meteor?)
Aether's descent (could also be a meteor; I'm uncertain)
Sweetspot Tip of Eruption
Taunt

Von Klavier

Smash Rookie
Only the hilt of dair and taunt are spikes. The rest meteor.
I'm unsceptical about Dtilt and Aether being mere meteors, but are we certain about Eruption having no spike hitbox? The SSBWiki states its tip is useful for spiking opponents; I'm unaware if the wiki is updated to 3.5 though.

Frakture

Smash Apprentice
I'm unsceptical about Dtilt and Aether being mere meteors, but are we certain about Eruption having no spike hitbox? The SSBWiki states its tip is useful for spiking opponents; I'm unaware if the wiki is updated to 3.5 though.
You generally want to take SSBWiki with a grain of salt. Like any wiki, it can be useful for finding large amounts of information quickly, but that information may not be 100% accurate. With that in mind, if you check the changes from Brawl to PM section, it explicitly states that eruption is a meteor.

metroid1117

Smash Master
A meteor smash (something that can be meteor canceled) is defined by something that sends the opponent at a trajectory of 260 - 280 degrees (+/- 10 degrees relative to straight down); anything that sends the opponent outside those angles without DI is considered a spike. I'm honestly not sure about DTaunt, but hilt DTilt, falling Aether, tip Eruption, and the tip/blade/arm hitboxes on DAir are all meteor smashes while hilt DAir is a true spike. The tip hitbox on Eruption is pretty fast and powerful, so I personally haven't seen many people survive it, but when they do they almost always tech it instead of meteor canceling it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom