• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does ike have any two frames?

h4 Gambiteer

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
Do you mean tools to 2-frame opponents at the ledge? Then that's most moves.
If you want to 2-frame opponents on the ledge, your best tool is eruption if they're coming from far away, or donwtilt because it's very safe. You can also go for dair spikes to try 2-framing as well.

If you mean moves that have an active hitbox on frame 2, that's a no. I believe his fastest move is a frame 4 jab.

Banjobeast158

Smash Apprentice
NNID
banjobeast158
i meant the former. sorry, im still adjusting to all the smash 4 tech since im coming from melee. thanks so much!
Like h4 said, Eruption is probably the easiest to pull off/practice. Dtilt and down angled Ftilt are good too, but don't reach as far downwards. I have tried something like Dsmash, but It doesn't reach below to edge to my knowledge; it is best to stick to quicker, less punishable options anyways!

h4 Gambiteer

Smash Cadet
Writing Team
i meant the former. sorry, im still adjusting to all the smash 4 tech since im coming from melee. thanks so much!
Haha, np. But yeah, anything that hits the ledge can 2-frame, so all aerials, eruption, sideB, upB, dtilt, ftilt, and jab3. Utilt worked in smash4, but I think they removed its ground hitbox in this game.

But your best bet is
1). eruption if their recovery is telegraphed,
2). runoff (to threaten) jump-back dair (MKLeo does this a lot, although I've never seen him land it so it's probably just safe/scary, or
3). dtilt, for a safe fast punish to pop them into a fair or upair

As banjobeast mentioned, downward angeld ftilt can also work although since it's slower, but if you miss they'll probably getup attack you for free. I'd rather space for a ledgetrap and ftilt if they stay on the ledge.

Top Bottom