• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does Falcon need something new?

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
Maybe a useful dash attack is in order. His current dash attack is quite useless. Perhaps something that will help him with projectiles or setup into something. Even one that gives him a useful DACUS would be nice.

Luno896

Smash Rookie
Maybe a useful dash attack is in order. His current dash attack is quite useless. Perhaps something that will help him with projectiles or setup into something. Even one that gives him a useful DACUS would be nice.
dash attacks aren't good in general, but his dash attack leads into knee offstage what else do you want

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
dash attacks aren't good in general, but his dash attack leads into knee offstage what else do you want
Any situation where you can land dash attack, dash grab is better. Even if they are at high percent and they DI'd in to get knee, it is not helpful to say the least. I guess maybe if the opponent was crouching to low for dash grab or jc grab, however even then better options are present, notably shffls.
As for good dash attacks, I would point you in the direction of Fox, Bowser, Peach, Shiek, Dk, etc.
I guess i'm not saying falcon needs a better dash attack, Falcon doesn't really need anything, maybe just a different one, something that gives it even a small use.

zpxociv

Smash Apprentice
I always thought of Falcon as the "show off" character that's suppose to be hard to use but can look really awesome when used right and I feel all future changes should be about improving the main role of Falcon, such as how he can do difficult stylish tricks like spinning his falcon punch charge around to edge-guard. So with that in mind, I feel if any change should be made, it should be aerial falcon punches that can be directed not only backwards but also straight up or down and the upwards one improves recovery by lifting Falcon upwards very slightly. This would be very interesting for edge-guarding Falcon and more importantly, would add more style options for sacred combos.

GameRat

Smash Cadet
falcon doesn't need anymore buffs.
hes fine the way he is.
doing that will just make him unbalanced.
captain falcon's main advantages are his aerial and close combat attacks. hes a "melee" character. a move that would absorb projectiles or whatever would be out of place for him.

and his dash attack isn't really meant to be used that often. besides, rushing your opponent with a dash attack usually is not a good idea. you could buff the dash attack all you'd like, but it wouldn't really make much of a difference.

Last edited:

Rachman

be water my friend
Falcon is probably top 5, definitely top 10 imo in this game. I'm just now really having a chance to get into PM and until I find a PM character I like over Falcon I've been playing him in locals. Many characters in PM can be absolutely destroyed off of a single uthrow and the maps (at least the ones we run) tend to heavily favor him as well. Also, his recovery is substantially better to the point that it really isn't a weakness anymore, especially when one properly utilizes his stellar air mobility. The one thing I will say is that many more PM characters have ways to disregard positional advantage than Melee (although it's very likely I simply don't know how to abuse their tricks) so the uthrow -> air wobble isn't absolutely free. Even still, I got at least 4-5 60%+ combos every game against fairly good/borderline top FL PM players and invincible ledge hop knee is even more relevant against PM recoveries and ledge mechanics. The idea that Falcon should be BUFFED seems ridiculous to me, although that seems to be a common sentiment from people who had their relevant Melee mains improved in this game (and I already think he's fantastic in Melee so I suppose many would say I overrate Falcon).

Actually reading the thread I realize now I probably shouldn't have really responded to it but I already typed this up and feel it's relevant nonetheless

redcometchar

Smash Journeyman
falcon doesn't need anymore buffs.
hes fine the way he is.

doing that will just make him unbalanced.
captain falcon's main advantages are his aerial and close combat attacks. hes a "melee" character. a move that would absorb projectiles or whatever would be out of place for him.

and his dash attack isn't really meant to be used that often. besides, rushing your opponent with a dash attack usually is not a good idea. you could buff the dash attack all you'd like, but it wouldn't really make much of a difference.
I retracted my previous statement on dash attack on a different thread. Forgot i posted here too.

Top Bottom