• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dead thread

In terms of top KO consistency, is there a future for the iconic Star KOs/Screen KOs only occurring?

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ever since they added the screen hit from 4, I've loved getting screen KOs. Especially for some of the characters who make great faces for that. Star KOs used to be great as long as the characters had a funny scream, but it's screen for me now.

I would have liked everyone to get the Mario treatment and get a new 'flat' model for their screen KO, but that is pushing things.

At least they are returning. I heard that screen KOs are faster now though, and I did prefer them to take a bit longer like the star ones. Maybe if someone's into competitive they could have a toggle, but I do not want them gone at all.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Ever since they added the screen hit from 4, I've loved getting screen KOs. Especially for some of the characters who make great faces for that. Star KOs used to be great as long as the characters had a funny scream, but it's screen for me now.

I would have liked everyone to get the Mario treatment and get a new 'flat' model for their screen KO, but that is pushing things.

At least they are returning. I heard that screen KOs are faster now though, and I did prefer them to take a bit longer like the star ones. Maybe if someone's into competitive they could have a toggle, but I do not want them gone at all.
We'll be lucky if they actually work as they did in the first 3 "Smash" games (with a twist this time).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
What do you mean exxactly? It's not something I pay attention to, so I'm curious of what this is about, but I don't see how it has any relevance to the competitive side, besides taking a little longer to get ko'ed.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I can't tell if you're trolling or not. Is this an obsessive focus?

For the Little mac video,... Just don't gamble like that, don't count on there being one or not, Stay on the stage lol, the character is not a gimper.
It could be good without the randomness, but It's not a concern, competitively speaking.

I thought that you wanted there to be screen kos though? If there's a bit of random in it, enjoy the gamble and be glad when it happens... let it go when it doesn't and try again. That's the fun of games. But if it's an obsessive focus and you feel like you need to see that kind of ko and feel the stock go away when the person goes down rather than on top of the screen, you might want to ask yourself if it's worth keeping those feelings be needy, because it's an ability that's going to serve you everywhere in life, to let go of always needing a specific fix, and instead enjoy things more flexibly.

That's my advice, but if you really do care about this, I hope that you find what you're looking for, and if not I hope you enjoy the many other things there are to enjoy :)
Cheers.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell if you're trolling or not. Is this an obsessive focus?

For the Little mac video,... Just don't gamble like that, don't count on there being one or not, Stay on the stage lol, the character is not a gimper.
It could be good without the randomness, but It's not a concern, competitively speaking.

I thought that you wanted there to be screen kos though? If there's a bit of random in it, enjoy the gamble and be glad when it happens... let it go when it doesn't and try again. That's the fun of games. But if it's an obsessive focus and you feel like you need to see that kind of ko and feel the stock go away when the person goes down rather than on top of the screen, you might want to ask yourself if it's worth keeping those feelings be needy, because it's an ability that's going to serve you everywhere in life, to let go of always needing a specific fix, and instead enjoy things more flexibly.

That's my advice, but if you really do care about this, I hope that you find what you're looking for, and if not I hope you enjoy the many other things there are to enjoy :)
Cheers.
Well, let's hope things actually work out in "Smash Ultimate". To be honest, I don't have high hopes for it. But I'd love to be wrong about that.

And no, I wasn't trolling. I was just expressing my opinion on this situation. In my opinion, the ideal thing is to count Star KOs/Screen KOs only occurring as already KO'd as soon as they cross the blast zone instead of waiting for the animation to finish.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Well, let's hope things actually work out in "Smash Ultimate". To be honest, I don't have high hopes for it. But I'd love to be wrong about that.

And no, I wasn't trolling. I was just expressing my opinion on this situation.
Ok, sorry. You certainly should be able to voice your frustrations or other feelings. I just wanted to suggest that, after you feel like you've been able to voice yourself, that you remember all the fun that can be had besides those details. Because my hope is that everyone just have fun regardless of a few imperfect mechanics. That's all I can add on my side. And hey there's always some people that are going to be willing to play melee, so there's always that option too ;)

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Ok, sorry. You certainly should be able to voice your frustrations or other feelings. I just wanted to suggest that, after you feel like you've been able to voice yourself, that you remember all the fun that can be had besides those details. Because my hope is that everyone just have fun regardless of a few imperfect mechanics. That's all I can add on my side. And hey there's always some people that are going to be willing to play melee, so there's always that option too ;)
Okay. And by the way, I added a few more comments to my last reply.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I feel like I've posted enough, but I'll ask one more question and I think that'll really finally clarify.
In smash 64 and melee, the ko counts after the animation. For ultimate you'd like it to count before the animation even though you like it the way smash 64 and melee do it?

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I've posted enough, but I'll ask one more question and I think that'll really finally clarify.
In smash 64 and melee, the ko counts after the animation. For ultimate you'd like it to count before the animation even though you like it the way smash 64 and melee do it?
Well, yeah. Personally, I'm not fond of that idea, but I'm willing to accept that if that's the case. At least they'll still be consistent.

Top Bottom