• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone have trouble with getting pressured?

Pers

Smash Rookie
Even against characters that I have a good matchup with, such and Ganondorf, Ike, or DK, I'll start to lose control as soon as they get in, and it's troublesome to get them back out. While I'm usually able to rack up a decent percentage in the beginning, I just get overwhelmed by their hard hitting attacks. It might just be a me problem though, any tips to help with this?

trevskeet

Smash Cadet
NNID
trevskeet
Most characters can't pressure Villager off-stage, while you've 3 attacks to pressure them if they're just sitting at the ledge and a whole arsenal of gimps if they follow you off-stage.

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
Even if all this advice doesn't work. If you play Villager long enough, you'll find a "homeostasis" of Villager and you will play him more naturally against characters.

MagnumMuskox

Smash Cadet
Most rush-down characters have fairly predictable approaches. D-tilt, F-tilt, N-air and Jab are designed to keep rush-down characters at bay. Your Jab doesn't reset, so you can 1-2-1-2 etc as long as you need. If they shield your jab pressure, it'll move you backwards a bit, and if you fall off the ledge doing so, you'll Nair.

I think the Jab is one of Villager's best but under-utilized moves.

Top Bottom