• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone have some recent vids of Sonic vs Spacies?

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Rules for this:

1. Must be recent, by recent I mean no older than 6 months.
2. Must display how to play the matchup properly from Sonics side.
3. Must be high-level gameplay.
4. Must be tournament/MM/have some sort of monetary value that'd make me believe both players are trying their best to win

I'm finding myself struggling vs spacies in Brawl, and would really appreciate some video gameplay of how to play the matchup, and maybe some theory-craft/discussion on how to properly play vs Falco AND Fox. I'm finding my current way of playing against these characters really unfun, unsuccessful, and ineffective. HELP PLS

If you got some knowledge/technology that's practical vs these characters, pls drop that joint here.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well what about falco or fox are you struggling with i play vs those MUs pretty frequently given that i play vs Bloodcrosses Falco and MK a lot. But i can tell you that you want to stay about as far as his reflector can reach, in this way you don't have to deal with too much pressure from jab's or his tilt and lasers. Though when your both on seperate sides of the stage you need to try and approach when he uses short hop or full hop lasers. Also don't be afraid to harass him offstage, make them feel comfortable with using Side B and figure out how the falco your playing uses Side B and then from there proceed to punish those options. I personally try and grab falco out of side B and just pummel, as usually they already use their 2nd jumps and then it's an easy edgehog afterwards. As long as you don't let Falco pressure your shield too much you should do ok. Spring OoS is a good escape option when your being pressured especially when your near the edge and falling Uair works well as a landing option out of Falco's jab strings, You can also Nair Side B off stage when he uses it and you'll either beat it out or clash in most instances rarely will it beat out Nair given how most sonic's Nair's are pretty fresh as it's underused imo. But i can help you more when i know more specific things your struggling with.

Also vs Fox you basically want to apply the same strategy except you can stay in closer range given fox's jab and tilt game outside of utilt juggles isn't very strong, Also if your struggling with fox and Dair just literally use spring as he's trying to Dair you and then just Bair him as he flies up into you, i've done this numerous times to foxes who attempt to jump from the ledge in dair

Last edited:

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
I feel the part of the matchup I struggle most with is approaching. My current strat atm is just to powershield lasers and not feel obligated into forcing my way in, but for whatever reason it's not working. Everything just feels unsafe.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
powershielding lasers works but only when your try toshorten the distance between you both, usually after i shield so many lser i approach with ASC and bait them into having to shield which i then usually just jump and land and grab them. Other things i do is observe their jumping patterns and see when i can jump above or fastfall under lasers as he tries to shoot them. Rarely do i try and approach from the ground alone. Though falco can use jab and air lasers to stop your aerial approaches i try to save my jumps so i can avoid those attempt and do either falling Nair, Uair or Bair (Usually Uair i only use Nair when they are near kedges to force ledge grab and then i uwait for wether or not they side B back up or not). Once your in on Falco keep him air borne and offstage as much as possible same applies to fox. Falco's got better frames then sonic so i usually don't stay in on him for too long rather i just bait their usually followups like DACUS or Double jump Bair's when im landing. Getting CG'd isn't terrible so long as you make sure if your gonna get grabbed your as close to the ledge as possible when it happens to lowers the amount of overall damage. Also while Forcing your way in isn't exactly what i would do i do feel making them feel like you are is important, each falco player has a specific rhythm to how they laser, use side B and how they approach in a similar vein to snake imo.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
powershielding lasers works but only when your try toshorten the distance between you both, usually after i shield so many lser i approach with ASC and bait them into having to shield which i then usually just jump and land and grab them. Other things i do is observe their jumping patterns and see when i can jump above or fastfall under lasers as he tries to shoot them. Rarely do i try and approach from the ground alone. Though falco can use jab and air lasers to stop your aerial approaches i try to save my jumps so i can avoid those attempt and do either falling Nair, Uair or Bair (Usually Uair i only use Nair when they are near kedges to force ledge grab and then i uwait for wether or not they side B back up or not). Once your in on Falco keep him air borne and offstage as much as possible same applies to fox. Falco's got better frames then sonic so i usually don't stay in on him for too long rather i just bait their usually followups like DACUS or Double jump Bair's when im landing. Getting CG'd isn't terrible so long as you make sure if your gonna get grabbed your as close to the ledge as possible when it happens to lowers the amount of overall damage. Also while Forcing your way in isn't exactly what i would do i do feel making them feel like you are is important, each falco player has a specific rhythm to how they laser, use side B and how they approach in a similar vein to snake imo.

I feel like jump after ASC just gets you a bair in the face, or at least it does for me. Even just trying short hop or full hop ASC just gets outprioritized by bair. I need vids to see the practicality of things and if other Falcos are playing the matchup right or not, and to judge what I'm doing from there. I just feel that Falco can properly react to anything Sonic does, and not need to make any reads or even need to outplay Sonic.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Meek do you still need help vs Spacies or no? I can give you a decent amount of info on how to combat them.

Top Bottom