• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone have any tips for getting better at Corrin?

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
I have a friend that is good, so I want to match his skills if not surpass, so I was wondering if anyone had any tips for playing as Corrin. If you have any tips, please let me know and I'll greatly appreciate it. :ultcorrinf:

SJMistery

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-3611-4128
Look for video-guides. Corrin is very rarely played so it's difficult to say. I don't find HER playstyle too different from Smash 4 (other than the fact that Side-B is nowhere near as useful), so look for those as well.

Last edited:

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
Thanks. But when you say that Corrin is a "he"...

It pisses me off more than anything.

llams

Smash Rookie
:ultcorrinf:aight then:ultcorrinf:
I'm a month late, but here are some things you should do:
1) Learn the range of all your moves. Corrin's moves will reward you if you manage to space them perfectly, and will be much safer on shield.
2) Learn to read airdodges and juggle. Corrin has one of the best up airs in the game. If you read the airdodge you can almost always keep them in the air above you and rack up tons of damage. Almost all of your attacks and downthrow put opponents in the air. Sometimes you can punish an airdodge with a neutral B if you catch on to the opponent's habits.
3) Lastly this is kind of the same as point 1, but learn the range and spacing of dragon lunge. Dragon lunge is one of the few attacks in the game that can hit opponents at a perfect 45 degree angle. If you jump over a projectile you can often punish the opponent.

PlasmaBoy75

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-0113-1451-3645
I'm a month late, but here are some things you should do:
1) Learn the range of all your moves. Corrin's moves will reward you if you manage to space them perfectly, and will be much safer on shield.
2) Learn to read airdodges and juggle. Corrin has one of the best up airs in the game. If you read the airdodge you can almost always keep them in the air above you and rack up tons of damage. Almost all of your attacks and downthrow put opponents in the air. Sometimes you can punish an airdodge with a neutral B if you catch on to the opponent's habits.
3) Lastly this is kind of the same as point 1, but learn the range and spacing of dragon lunge. Dragon lunge is one of the few attacks in the game that can hit opponents at a perfect 45 degree angle. If you jump over a projectile you can often punish the opponent.
Thank you very much. This really helped. I have a lot easier time playing.

Ninj4pikachu

Smash Journeyman
Cool tip for using Corrin: if you pin into the ground, a platform, or a wall and then jump, it doesn't count as your double jump. On stages like Kalos that have walled edges you can use pin to essentially get another jump and recover from deeper.

Cognitron

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 0516 9380 0234
Corrin does indeed have an incredible up air. I can juggle almost anyone, except for the smart ones that parry me. (Don't expect to win the juggle game against a good Roy.)

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion

Good guide. Now seems like a good time to pick up Corrin, she's massively buffed from 8.0.0 and soft-buffed from 8.1.0 (Small Battlefield is a good stage for her), and Cosmos has picked her up again. How good she is remains to be seen, top 20 seems fairly likely to me, but even if she would be top 25 she'd be much better than before.

Top Bottom