• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else miss Classic Trophies?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I recently replayed Melee in anticipation of Ultimate, unlocking all the characters again, which meant playing classic mode a lot, and of course, earning those classic mode trophies.

In Brawl and Smash 4, the trophies for classic mode were just their standard stock artwork from that Smash game. But Melee had the trophies look a lot closer to the artwork from the source material. Mario and Peach looked more like their old 2D artwork with the brighter colors and less detailed outfits, DK looked more like the render from DKC1, Bowser was standing upright and had his colors from the Super Mario 64 renders, Ganondorf had that short foot long cape and the dagger on his hip, ect.

I was kind of bummed when they didn't bring that sort of thing back for Brawl. A lot of people mentioned things like character entrances being removed but I don't know if I've ever heard anyone talk about this.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
I've heard several people mention this. Yeah, trophies in Melee are sick.

Top Bottom