• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone else absolutely suck at Smash Bros?

sadmapboi

Smash Rookie
Despite being a large smash fan, i'm absolutely terrible at the game. I get bodied by the average For Glory player and i can barely bet level 9 CPU's. Am i just the one person here that sucks at this game?

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
You only truly suck a something if you fail to improve.

Have you tried practicing and stuff? Personally I can do better, but I never feel like it. I can’t beat level 9 CPU’s either

Last edited:

sadmapboi

Smash Rookie
I play it daily at this point, i just have really bad reflexes and hand eye coordination

Alsyght

Smash Journeyman
Well practice that, then. Play other games to improve coordination. Rub you belly and pat your head.

For some reason I started sucking all of a sudden even though like a month ago I used to be kinda decent. Idk what the **** happened.

Manonymous

Smash Journeyman
I also have difficult to beat level 9 CPUs and I loose sometimes against my friends who spam. But hey, it didn't stop me to be at semi-finals in a Meele tournament (not a big one actually, but I'm still proud) with Bowser. I think that you could watch combo videos of your main, or even find those combos yourself.

Last edited:

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
I'm absolute garbage at the games myself, I gave up trying to be "good" since melee and just do my "best" to play how I want in a match. Local tournaments are always fun times. Entertainment is what matter for me in them.

"Smash is Life. You only live once. If there are days you win, there are also days you will lose. Do not be ashamed of defeat, do not be proud of victory. All in all, let's enjoy!"

lucasla

Smash Journeyman
So, you are probably one of the people for who they implemented the "set stronger/weaker" meter, at least for local gameplay. :)

PlushyFenn

Smash Rookie
I kinda suck as well. Although I am in no way shape or form the go-to person for smash, I guess from my experience is to try practicing the main mechanics, essentially just using perfect-shielding, using tilts in combos, short-hops, airiels (most of the time being used in tandem with airiels) and footstooling. Although I don't main Jiggs, I still think it'd be useful as I main Fox and he's a lightweight fast-faller as well. If anything I'd practice shorthopping first and then go into airiels, more specifically using your backair. After you feel comfortable with both try using both. Obviously you will have to practice shielding as you are, ya' know, Jiggs. As for shielding, try going into Smash and facing a lvl 1-3 computer (depending on your preference). Instead of fighting it, just try to block and/or dodge any incoming attacks.

Hope this helps, probably not.

SB4Hyena

Smash Rookie
I play it daily at this point, i just have really bad reflexes and hand eye coordination[/Q
I don't have amazing reflexes either (age 25). But I do find that reflexes are NOT everything. Prediction also plays a big factor in matches IMO. Learn your main and a few more just in case you don't fare well with your main after a good amount of time. Knowledge is power. If you want to improve your reflexes, my personal choice is Guitar Hero(still only get a 76% on Through the Fire and Flames after 7 years of playing xD.

Last edited:

Crystanium

Smash Hero
There are a few things to consider. First, you use Jigglypuff. It's not a good character. Second, you're trying to fight CPUs. Don't. They don't teach you anything. You can continue to main Jigglypuff if you're aware that it's not a good character, due to lack of range, poor speed, light weight, &c. Or, if you'd prefer to use a better character like Pikachu, you might see some results. You should learn about the flaws of your character and try finding ways around those flaws. Look up information about the effective tools Jigglypuff can use. Also, get rid of the mindset that you suck. You don't suck. Your strategies or options you made are rather poor. Fix them.

Top Bottom