• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anybody REALLY use Game and Watch?

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
I mean to a professional standard, I know some people like to use some of the lesser characters and become good with them (gimpyfish with bowser for example)

But does anybody do this with Game and watch, if so who is the leading Game and watch pro?

I only use him as a joke when i want a bit of fun, anyone else?

How will he shape up in brawl?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I do the same, just for fun, never worked too much with him.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i dont use him competitively, only now and again. i doubt theres many people that play as him seriously, hes not exactly a very strong character

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
i dont use him competitively, only now and again. i doubt theres many people that play as him seriously, hes not exactly a very strong character
People would supprise you, ive been bested a few times by people who pick previosly considered 'bad' characters and utilised them to near perfection. though i have never seen anyone use game and watch in this way, and after all that effort put into unlocking him in melee. Its a shame he isnt a more well rounded character

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i think hes been buffed in brawl anyway, not as much as kirby for example, but he is slightly stronger than in melee. maybe this will lead to a few more game and watch mainers...

CraigUK37

Underscore HERO
NNID
CraigUK37
i think hes been buffed in brawl anyway, not as much as kirby for example, but he is slightly stronger than in melee. maybe this will lead to a few more game and watch mainers...
Lets hope, i like to see a varity, most people go for the same old characters, the game ISNT as balanced as they try to tell you it is. People should give everyone a shot, though i doubt people would move over to maining him, people have their oppinions on him and i doubt they are going to change

Kronzo

Smash Apprentice
Game and watch has a really awkward style in melee, but it was preetty good once you mastered it. I think he'll get buffed just a bit.

BIG-T

Smash Apprentice
None of you have ever heard of Dire Vulcan? Hes pretty much the best game and watch ive ever seen(real life and youtube). ask about him. his gw is sick.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I'd use G&W competitively if I actually had time to go to tournaments. He's seriously one of my better characters in Melee.

Now in Brawl, there is absolutely no question I will main him along with a few other characters. He's an awesome looking character, and by far only sounds like he's improved.

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
DireVulcan and Chu are probably the best g&w's. Go watch some of their videos

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I do, as a punching bag. I just have not been able to master him. I will probably only play as him once or twice in Brawl.

I think he is a cool character and all, but he's just not my style.

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
I love G&W, but am really not fantastic. I can beat my friends no problem through his mad trickery, hope he either gets some speed or a little more smack power in this one. Although I'll be using him just to see that crazy 2-D Octo FS.

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
I'm told my G&W is quite decent, and to me he is my best charater hands down. I know how to DI and recover with him, have a lot of juggles and spacing games to hold my own, and one smexy parachute and Fair to KO with. :3

His quite decent if Melee due to the fact that he can add dmg like nothing and has great pushback, too bad his shield and dodge/roll sucks like balls...If it wasn't for that I could see him rather high on tier list..

I'm still going to main him in brawl though, seems like the two things needed fixing are well....fixed XD

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I use Game and Watch all the time. More so then my main Mario as of late.

I LOVE his style, whether it be his sounds, his attacks or the way he hits the screen when he's KO'd. I love the guy.Can't wait to try him in Brawl.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I can use Game & Watch pretty effectively. Lots of powerful and quick attacks; his laggy moves and lightness are what hurt him.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
His quite decent if Melee due to the fact that he can add dmg like nothing and has great pushback, too bad his shield and dodge/roll sucks like balls...If it wasn't for that I could see him rather high on tier list..

I'm still going to main him in brawl though, seems like the two things needed fixing are well....fixed XD
Yes, I have in fact seen video footage of G&W using his shield. No doubt it has improved. Not sure about his dodge, but hey, it's still really nice that at least his shield is better, meaning he won't get like ***** if he doesn't light shield (which you can't do in Brawl anyway).

Also big for G&W. His recovery is ridiculously better. He floats around with the Parachute after his Up-B, and he can cancel it with an aerial attack. =)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZtSaG4m4sJ4 New vid. G&W IS GONNA BE TOP TIER! No seriously, he kicks butt. Watch the video.

MatthewDanger

Smash Rookie
yeah me too, although his n air doesn't look like its quite as good in the department of knock back or range

the octopus does it for me

Mr Derp

Smash Rookie
I bet all of you do play competivie. But because you can not control him you say, aaah just for fun. But that is my vision, I can be wrong. Since I am a skinny little white guy !

Anyway, I like to play with him. Because it is fun. But I almost do it serious, I actually play everything serious but with funny things while. I am playing. To make it even more fun ! :D

clayfighter0

Smash Cadet
Random MASTER!!!!

I use G&W but recently i haven't been using him at all my mains are Ness is my very best..... then it used to be G&W as my 2nd but now Falco is my 2nd Main and now G&W is my third but i really dont use him no more but he is a strong character maybe not that strong but direct hits can lead to some good damage and not to mention his main strength lies in his randomness of his attacks because they are so random and weird they are hard to block, counter or react too so thats where his strengths lie

Red7z7

Smash Apprentice
wow, that vid posted earlier is great. http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZtSaG4m4sJ4

people have been saying its much harder to combo in brawl because 1) you cant l-cancel, 2) enemy recovers faster. but from that vid we see great combo potential from gaw. shorthopped dair and shorthopped nair both have almost no lag afterwards, while knocking the opponent into tumbling right next to you so you can follow up with another hit.

Same with turtle if you time it right, just like in melee. and of course utilt flag is still good. dtilt still comes out way fast and has more range, but since the trajectory is hard to combo with maybe it will be the last hit in the string of a combo. fair is still strong and comes out quick, but with no l-cancelling i dont see it being used quite as extensively.

overall im very impressed. one thing i have yet to see is his throwing combo potential, especially throw > hammer.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
I second main him in melee, Plan to do the same in brawl

TheKoopaBros.

Smash Journeyman
I main him in Melee and plan to continue the trend in Brawl. Mind you I'm not that great of a player, so it doesn't mean much. :p

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
He's my second main in Melee, behind Ganondorf. I find G&W to be alot of fun to play.

PhillCollins

Smash Journeyman
Oh man he was really working out for me in brawl. His Dair seems to combo into alot of things very hard to grab him afterwards. He doesn't have sheild problems any more, and he's generally one of the faster characters.

aids514

Smash Cadet
I've been playing a hacked version of brawl and I have to say that Game and Watch kicks ***. I'm maining diddy so far but I think Game and Watch is my second best character. Then again, I wasn't a wavedashing, l-cancelling, meta-gamer in meele. Still, I love Game and Watch and I think he's underrated.

T0MMY

Smash Master
I switched my main from Pichu to G&W briefly before everyone cried over it and told me not to give up Pichu.
So now I use them both about the same amount, which is to say just slightly more than all the other characters.
And, yeah, you might know me as the Pro Pichu player (been to MLG, OC2&3, NCT2, Super Champ Combo, Play N' Trade etc.)

I use him in tournament play and I haven't lost with him yet, not even a round. My favorite was in Smash the State (recent OR tourney) where I went up against a Fox, I had 2 stock to his 1, but he U-smashed me at low percent and KO'd me (yeah, big surprise) and as soon as I respawned I just dropped down and he ran at me and I #9'd him. Haha, it was too good.

I just unlocked him in Brawl and I like him, but I think I'll main him more for Melee than Brawl, as I like a lot of characters in Brawl, as opposed to not really liking any in Melee X^D

Top Bottom