• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

does all of the stages being revealed confirm that no more new series will get a rep

D

Deleted member

it doesn't seem like smash ultimate being ultimate and all would take a character from a series with no existing reps and not give it its own stage sorry Isaac Labo etc

Oddball

Smash Lord
I wouldn't count anybody out yet.

Did ROB or Wii Fit Trainer ever really have a stage that was theirs?

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I wouldn't count anybody out yet.

Did ROB or Wii Fit Trainer ever really have a stage that was theirs?
Wii Fit Trainer had Wii Fit Studio.

R.O.B. never had a "R.O.B." stage, but was always associated with (played against on) classic NES stages like Mario Bros. or Balloon Fight.

D

Deleted member

Wii Fit Trainer had Wii Fit Studio.

R.O.B. never had a "R.O.B." stage, but was always associated with (played against on) classic NES stages like Mario Bros. or Balloon Fight.
True but R.O.B is more of a celebration of the NES then a representation of his game

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I wouldn't count anything out just yet. We still got DLC to consider

captainghost07

Smash Apprentice
NNID
captainghost07
Switch FC
SW-3052-5727-4615
I don't think all the stages have been revealed. They technically never revealed the Monster Hunter stage and the stage select menu still has a couple more spots that look like it should be filled.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't think all the stages have been revealed. They technically never revealed the Monster Hunter stage and the stage select menu still has a couple more spots that look like it should be filled.
Personally I think the monster hunter stage is a boss specific stage. Looks too plain otherwise

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
They were pretty clear on both the presentation and the website that all 103 stages have been revealed.

The "Monster Hunter stage" is just a totally flat boss arena, like countless environments in Subspace Emissary.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
rewatched the direct and no were did it say 103 was the final count

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I fear this might be the case... I obviously want to be wrong... but looks like we aren't getting new franchises. (Obviously this doesn't concern DLC)
It does kinda makes some sense since looks like besides very obvious choices like Megaman or Simon Belmont, the more popular "Fan picks" are characters that aren't protagonists, and this game seems to be very influenced by the ballot.

Nintykid

Smash Apprentice
No, Cause when we saw the Stage Selection Screen, I notice a big empty space near the end, which could imply that There are still more stages to come. And since they are near the end, they coulb be new stages

D

Deleted member

I fear this might be the case... I obviously want to be wrong... but looks like we aren't getting new franchises. (Obviously this doesn't concern DLC)
It does kinda makes some sense since looks like besides very obvious choices like Megaman or Simon Belmont, the more popular "Fan picks" are characters that aren't protagonists, and this game seems to be very influenced by the ballot.
Luckily that theres not a ton of quality series left maybe Rhythm Heaven and golden sun both are long shots anyways tbh

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Luckily that theres not a ton of quality series left maybe Rhythm Heaven and golden sun both are long shots anyways tbh
I wouldn't call Rhythm Heaven a long shot, considering it almost had a character in the last game

SkySkipper

Smash Rookie
In my opinion, I'd say that Wars, Chibi-Robo and Arms qualify. Not that they're necessarily any less of a long shot, though.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
it can be shrunk and changed has smash 4 teached us nothing

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
The Monster Hunter stage hasn't been shown yet, there are still at least a few more stages left to be shown.

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
Didn't the Smash Bros Website say we would have 68 characters including echo fighters at one point? Clearly thats not the case. Clearly we'll see if the number is final or not when more details emerge. lol

Last edited:

Bayopuff

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the stage count in the Direct is final, there'll definitely be more stages. Well... at least I hope I'm right.

jespoke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jespoke
Didn't the Smash Bros Website say we would have 68 characters including echo fighters at one point? Clearly thats not the case. Clearly we'll see if the number is final or not when more details emerge. lol
That was how many we already had at that point.

An Archie

Smash Cadet
That is a boss stage i think
I think it could be both a stage AND a boss arena.

If you pay attention during the castlevania trailer, you'll notice that when they're fighting against Dracula, they're not actually fighting on the stage (dracula's castle), but on a flat stage with the same background.
This could mean that they're is a normal monster hunter stage, along with this boss fight arena.

This is all speculation though.

Garbage Cat

Smash Rookie
This may be the final stage count, but that doesn't mean there won't be any characters from new series. Marth ad Roy represented a new series in Melee, which had no Fire Emblem stages, and R.O.B never had his own stage either. If there's newcomers from new series, they'll either fight on a stage that vaguely fits then (Marth and Roy in Melee; R.O.B in every game he's in) or on a generic stage like FD or Battlefield (Duck Hunt in smash 3DS). Or maybe you'll have to fight them in the new mode after their unlock criteria is met??

DeadlyLampshade

Smash Apprentice
I still don't think it's the final stage count. But I'm quite skeptical.

"The stage total is turning out to be pretty impressive"

I think we're still getting more. The language would dictate that they're still working to increase that total. Anyway its fair game.

Last edited:

IceKitsune

Smash Apprentice
Starting at 8:48 in the direct Sakurai says that they plan on revealing all the characters before launch and that they have a few more to reveal later so its safe to say there are more characters to come even if we get no more stages.

Top Bottom