• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Who Discussion - Series 14 debut 11th/10th May 2024

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
While there was a lot to nitpick with this episode as there always is with Weeping Angels, I actually really liked this episode. I loved the side character and the way casually threw a cup at the doctor to wake her up. And the transformation at the end was genuinely amazing.

Also KATE STEWART IS BACK!!! Lets gooooo!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
While there was a lot to nitpick with this episode as there always is with Weeping Angels, I actually really liked this episode. I loved the side character and the way casually threw a cup at the doctor to wake her up. And the transformation at the end was genuinely amazing.

Also KATE STEWART IS BACK!!! Lets gooooo!
With me I found everything except for the transformation fine.

Well that and the psychic measuring thing summoned an Angel which never got brought up.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
we were so close to a good episode

when it was being a creepy story about a village beset by weeping angels it was good. when it it tied into the division and the flux it started going bad. it think chibnal is over estimating our investment in vinder and bel they suck. he also over estimated the surprise that the old woman was the missing girl. no gooseberry fool thats who she was. also the set up for the division is really eye rolling, oh there every where and use everyone but youve never heard of them before for reason. and yes we can control the psychotic hunter cuase we're so powerful. good grief its bad. also you cant survive being touched by an angel twice? weve already seen people survive it. will you stop pissing on the canon for five minutes chibnal and think things through

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
What the flying **** was that
i think you answered your own question. it was: flying ****
You're not wrong, jeez. Also, really tired of them
dragging out Angels to keep giving them more and more elaborately unnecessary backstory.

The whole Flux story felt like a complete mess of 'big ideas' that are the sort of thing that would have been hinted at over a whole season or two, not slammed into the last episode of a 6 part series. Not to mention absolutely no emotional response to finding her mother, finding she wasn't really her mother, having her mother 'betray' her, then be killed. Just "oh dear, off I go."

Nothing against Whittaker*, but like Capaldi, they really had a crap writer. At least she wasn't stuck with Clara "can do no wrong" Oswald.

*Okay, just one thing, I wish she'd tone down the attempts to seem like Tennant.

Looking forward to when Russell T Davies returns.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
dragging out Angels to keep giving them more and more elaborately unnecessary backstory.

The whole Flux story felt like a complete mess of 'big ideas' that are the sort of thing that would have been hinted at over a whole season or two, not slammed into the last episode of a 6 part series. Not to mention absolutely no emotional response to finding her mother, finding she wasn't really her mother, having her mother 'betray' her, then be killed. Just "oh dear, off I go."

Nothing against Whittaker*, but like Capaldi, they really had a crap writer. At least she wasn't stuck with Clara "can do no wrong" Oswald.

*Okay, just one thing, I wish she'd tone down the attempts to seem like Tennant.

chibnal doesn’t seem to think things through

I take it you didn’t like smith either

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

At the very least, those Angels are a sect of them and not the whole species.

But yeah, agreed on everything else. Though I did find Capaldi's writing far better in most aspects to this season, personally.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Ok so Eve of the Daleks was ok and not too bad, but next time
The Sea Devils are coming back for their first appearance since 1984's Warriors of the Deep
which is extremely hype, too bad we gotta wait till Spring for their grand return.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ok so Eve of the Daleks was ok and not too bad, but next time
The Sea Devils are coming back for their first appearance since 1984's Warriors of the Deep
which is extremely hype, too bad we gotta wait till Spring for their grand return.
that was defiantly the best part

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I hope this doesn’t count as a spoiler but the pacing was a bit off in that one
Gotta agree. The episode felt super lacking. The visuals and the Sea Devils being back was nice, but hardly anything felt like it had meat to it.

That being said

There's a whole ton of people returning for the Centenary Special, including the Classic Companions Ace and Tegan, which'll be something. Kate Stewart, the Master, the Daleks, and the Cybermen (headed up by Ashad, somehow) alongside Vinder will be coming back as confirmed by the next time trailer. This'll be cool to see.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Gotta agree. The episode felt super lacking. The visuals and the Sea Devils being back was nice, but hardly anything felt like it had meat to it.

That being said

There's a whole ton of people returning for the Centenary Special, including the Classic Companions Ace and Tegan, which'll be something. Kate Stewart, the Master, the Daleks, and the Cybermen (headed up by Ashad, somehow) alongside Vinder will be coming back as confirmed by the next time trailer. This'll be cool to see.
im worried that all these returning characters will end up not doing much

Top Bottom