• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doctor Mario Perfect Wavelands

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
Yeah they aren't too hard at all with a bit of practice, I just TAS it because I can make a simple TAS like this very quick and its demonstrates close to perfect jumps, really shows how far you can go. I also just TAS so I dont have to make a vid of me trying to do a bunch of perfect wavelands back to back without messing up.

TheBoat

Smash Cadet
Yeah they aren't too hard at all with a bit of practice, I just TAS it because I can make a simple TAS like this very quick and its demonstrates close to perfect jumps, really shows how far you can go. I also just TAS so I dont have to make a vid of me trying to do a bunch of perfect wavelands back to back without messing up.
Yeah, of course. Sorry if it looked like I was calling out your use of TAS. Not my intention haha.

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
What's the timing window for landing these?
Can Mario do it?

Last edited:

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Very nice video, I have a few more that I personally practice that I didn't see there.

I like to SH FF PWL forward to a ledge then PC drop for tricky edge hogs. You can also Uair, Dair, or Bair instead of grabbing ledge as you fall-turn, very unexpected.

Just for fun (sort of like a stock taunt) I like to do back to back SH back flip PWLs across the stage.

Also any PWL into moonwalks or stick walks are fun and sort of deceptive (dash attack on the end can make movement even more erratic and explosive).

Last edited:

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
Very nice video, I have a few more that I personally practice that I didn't see there.

I like to SH FF PWL forward to a ledge then PC drop for tricky edge hogs. You can also Uair, Dair, or Bair instead of grabbing ledge as you fall-turn, very unexpected.

Just for fun (sort of like a stock taunt) I like to do back to back SH back flip PWLs across the stage.

Also any PWL into moonwalks or stick walks are fun and sort of deceptive (dash attack on the end can make movement even more erratic and explosive).
Cool ideas Il def give em a try, thanks man!

ASCII

Smash Rookie
NNID
iruhlman
"The slip-n-slide: It's kinda like riding a wave, but also dashing!" - JimJamFlimFlam & MewTwerKing

This is awesome! Will practice for some mix-ups.

Top Bottom