• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

otg

Smash Master
I figured since this boards lacks a Q&A for the Doctor, we could bring all questions we had about him here, as well as talking about his places in teams.

Edit: 6/25/09 Dthrow CG shennanigans

Aight, so let me discuss the Dthrow CG vs. spacies a bit, because it's incredibly useful for tacking on that extra damage, tricking your opponent, and yes if you can somehow pull it off a 0-death on FD against spacies they can't get out of (although you really have better options tbh).

So yeah, dthrow CG tend to work after 75%ish I've noticed, give or a take about 5%. You can do it much lower, like around 50% or so but it will only work if they don't DI and you regrab immediately, so it's not guaranteed but it's kinda funny to dribble the ball real quick before you Kobe feel me? lol.

IMO, it's semi-situational as you might be better off with a different option, but I find it to be really useful on platform stages where an uthrow would give them a chance to escape potentially (although with those Forward tricks you still **** em :) ) It's also really good on platforms in general because they have VERY limited options of a dthrow. So if they try to DI off the top platform to a lower one, or from the lower platform off stage or to the middle, you can follow them with a falling uair, or if you catch with a dsmash/dropzone fair (that one is particularly hilarious) it will probably KO them (seeing as how they had to be high% anyway for Dthrow CG to work).

Next, dthrow -> usmash is an amazing follow up from the dthrow CG at various %'s. Around the 70-85% range, the usmash will have enough hitstun to follow into a Fair. At higher %'s, like around 140 or so, it KO's. I have no idea what the exact % is, it could be lower or higher, but experiment... honestly at that % you are probably better off finishing them with a fthrow or bthrow.

And you are like "OMG WTF FTHROW... WTF", and you know what, you would be right 9/10. Fthrow is great in the dthrow CG because a good amount of the time they will not expect it, and when they don't DI it at high %'s that is a SUPER easy edgeguard for you, and vs. someone like Falco, it could be enough to KO his ****ty recovery.

The only advice I can give on performing the CG, is always anticipate that they will DI behind you because that is the only difficult part of the CG. Just guess they will DI behind you, and if they don't follow up. If they DI infront of you, it's no problem because you should be able to follow up easy enough, and if they don't DI a fsmash/dsmash or regrab is inorder. Hell, you could probably WD/run in with a smash and have it connect, personally I've never tried
it.

That's all you need to know about this broken ****ing CG, enjoy. I will also be putting this in the OP incase anyone wants to reference it again.

The first number is the first percent you can hit somebody and knock them over with a perfectly FRESH u.air. The last number is the last number is the percent you can knock somebody over with a completely STALE u.air

HOLY EDIT I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE STALE NUMBERS ARE BALLPARKS. I TESTED 90% OF THEM, BUT FOR THE MOST PART I JUST ADDED 5 AND ROLLED WITH IT
Fox 59-64
Falco 61-66
Marth 60-65
Sheik/Zelda 62-67 (they're both the same weight, believe it or not)
Capfal 66-71
Peach 62-67
ICs 60-68 *Note: 2nd IC is heavier than the first, by how much I dunno and dont care*
Samus 68-73
Jiggs 50-55
Dr Mario 64-69
DK 69-74
Ganon 68-73
Luigi 64-69
Mario 64-69
Bowser 69-74
Yoshi 67-72
Young Link 60-65
Link 67-71
Kirby 54-59
Ness 62-67
Pichu 49-54
Pikachu 58-63
Mewtwo 59-63
Game&Watch 50-55
Roy 60-65

So the rest of it is figuring out how to get people into those %s easily. Here's where i'll add something else.

__

D.air -> U.air (My ******* actually forgot to check this seperately, so I'll have to do that another time).

D.air -> U.air combos if you do the u.air in a timely manner.

D.air (7 hits) -> u.air = 23+% (23 = stalest d.air + u.air)
D.air (8.hits) -> u.air = 34+%

__

you do the math/strat planning from there.

Edit: 1/9/09

Most people don't know that Doc is actually at the bottom of High tier above Samus. We're here to prove that to you. As a result, the Doc boards have decided to talk matchups and try to figure out Doc truly stands amongst the rest of the cast. As of right now, this is the current list (beta):

Disadvantage:
- Falcon/Marth/Sheik

Slight disadvantage/evenish:
- Fox/Falco/Icies/Mario/Peach/Samus

Doc ditto

Evenish/Slight advantage:

- DK/G&W/Ganon/Jiggly/Link/Luigi/Ness/Pikachu/Yoshi/Y.Link/Zelda

Advantage:

- Bowser/Kirby/m2/Roy/Pichu

This list is 100% my opinion as of right now, but with input from the Doc boards as well as the other character boards we can hopefully clean up and elaborate on the content of this list further. So help us out!

Tips on recovery from St. Viers:

^^his recovery really isn't that bad, with proper DI, which is why IMO it's better than Roy's and Falco's.

How Doc should recover:

1. DI right. This means that even if you can't Smash DI, you are holding down/towards the stage w/ the control stick (Automatic Smash DI). Then you DI so that he's as high as possible without dying off the top. This means that if you know something won't kill you, it's better to DI more upwards rather than to the corner of the screen.

2. Tornado. This is really important, and if anyone can't do it, they need to practice it. It would be like thinking you could use fox w/o being to jump out of shine...a fundamental part of doc's game. If done properly, Doc gains almost an entire body in height, after the end of the move, and you can use it to start drifting towards the stage.

3. Drifting+2nd Jump This is the part of doc's recovery where he has some ability to mix things up. You want to drift towards the stage, but now you need to watch for your opponent's edgeguard options. If you are high up, throw some pills (but remember to keep drifting forwards). Now you have rising aerial, cape, upB, and directional airdodge left to get you back.

4. If you get hit out of it, repeat step 1. You'll last longer than you think if you DI edgeguards properly.

Important Notes
1. KNOW UP+B'S DISTANCE!!! That way, if you have to recover low, you can not get simply ledgehogged.

2. Learn to walltech. For those who don't now, it involves DIing (via SDI, ASDI, or simply regular DI) into the side of the stage, and teching. It helps you when dealing with people going for the spike, or on-stage punish for slightly missing sweetspot.

3. Up B has nice speed/priority. Using it early to prevent getting hit/stopping someone from grabbing the ledge on you can help. Doing this shouldn't be your commonplace tactic, but remember that it's useful.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Well I've teamed with my brother DaShizWiz before and he usually goes Fox or Falco. That usually works out well. But on a high-level of play like that when it's all pros. vs. pros. they each opponent will go after each opponent. However, when you're playing against people that aren't pros., they'll usually go against the best pro. playing. So I'm usually faced with people trying to just own Shiz and forget about me. I'm usually the stock holder as Doc. while my brother goes in as Fox or Falco, *****, and then takes a stock when he needs. I honestly see Doc. able to hold his own against an opponent, but if 2 people are going after your partner you may have some issues 'cause Doc. isn't nearly as fast as say a Sheik and Marth player running after a Fox so be careful.

I usually team with SheikSSBM and he plays Sheik and Luigi. Our Doc. and Sheik team is usually really good. It's pretty un-orthodox but generally with Doc. you can save your team-mate with pills, dair, bair to stage, and things of that like and it works pretty well. I've saved almost every one of my team-mates at least once or twice in tourney matches. As for Doc. and Luigi, that's generally just a who's the more skilled player match. Luigi will fight his opponent, and Doc. his.

Usually for team strats., whenever I grab a person I know how to combo out of pretty dang well (Fox, Falco, CF ... etc.), I'd say to my team-mate "I got this." or something of the like and I'd do my combo. However, sometimes it's situational.

I'd say the best team-mates are probably Sheik, Fox and Falco. I'd say Doc. is a neutral team-mate, but when coupled with someone who's better than you with mainly one of the three characters I mentioned above, Doc. is dangerous. You pretty much hold stock, cape edgeguards, gimp, etc. I can play Doc. though regardless of the situation I've trained myself to do that so I'm able to defend myself against 2 people or 1. Take my word for it Doc. is a good in teams, just know how to use him and play quick.

I'd also like to point out that you should be very careful with pills. Always call the air-edgeguard (aerially edge-guarding) because of your cape and easy bair gimps, and let your team-mate guard the edge. Also, sometimes Doc. has to play the hit-and run game. By this I mean spacing against your opponent while he's trying to attack your team-mate or you. It's basically hitting with the safest attack so you wont potentially hit your team-mate.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Doc in teams, hmm.

I've never really liked the idea, but i do it all the time.

__
My big thing about doc in teams is that you need room to work with against certain characters, and it's hard to get it on certain people.

This causes you to be the stock holder (unless you just get *****) because you cant really DO everything you normally would. Sure, you can still edgeguard well, and sure you can get finishes and whatnot. But its not every day that you'll get a few u.air juggles in without getting stopped by something. Same thing with chaingrabs (for the most part).

___
As for "characters that go well with other characters", i've never bought into that. I mean, once you get to the lower end of the tier list, you can say low tiers cant play with themselves, but it all comes down to what your comfortable with.

So if you ask me "What goes well with doc" I'll respond with something close to "Whatever his partner mains"

I've teamed with fox, falco, marth, peach, sheik, ics, samus, jiggs, ganon, dk, g&w, and bowser. They were basically all the same, cause it was 1 person's main with another person's main.

__

As for doc/jiggs specifically, i've teamed with 2 different jiggs players on several occasions. Doc/jiggs works, but yes it does take some coordination. It doesnt take anything special on your part, just "Teaming with Jiggs 101" - if you get a grab, you hold and see if jiggs is coming to rest before you do ANYTHING, if you hear a puff go to sleep, you better be moving in that direction, stay on the good side of the wall unless you want to get steamrolled off the level with the rest of the trash, etc etc.

For the jiggs, the one thing they have to realize is that your recovery blows, so they have to be willing to help you when they can. That makes it sooooo much easier.

You also have to realize that, as doc, your job is to grab. The problem with this is, your grab range blows. Therefore, on some characters it's ridiculously hard to get grabs. The jiggs has to make up for this by getting rests anyway.

The one big gripe i have about playing with a jiggs is that jiggs best stages are not good for you. Those being DL64 and KJ64. You can live with DL, but you better be takin a samus/link/yl to KJ64 if you're gunna pick it.

FD works perfectly fine. PS is OK (ceiling can get a lil low for jiggs).

Your jiggs partner will probably be screaming to ban YS as soon as they sit down, so scratch that off the list. Green greens isnt too hot.

You'd be ok with brinstar.

Rainbow Cruise/Pokefloats is iffy (i've never figured out if jiggs is good on moving stages).

Oh, and campneria. That can be ok, but you have to actually PLAY campneria (well, you dont but jiggs does, she CANNOT sit on top of the fin)

[/stagerant]

All in all, doc/jiggs works.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I like how the whole Doc/Jigglypuff is summarized in "Try to help Jigglypuff, but you probably won't be able to much."

Doc needs a lot of room to work his pills and combos and he needs his space to chaingrab and such which really doesn't happen in teams. The best people in teams are those who can run in, deal damage, then run out. Sheik and Fox and such have really fast KO moves and simple, quick combos that seem to fit that ideal.

I think maybe Doc could work well with Falcon... although honestly it seems more like "Which character works with Doc" rather than "Which character does Doc work well with", if that makes sense.

EDIT: Left out two periods.

otg

Smash Master
Well I feel Doc is great in teams with his many finishers he can do at random, and pills control a lot of space, especially if your team mate is a character who's good with maneuvering with/around them. And while Fox and Sheik are obviously better at getting KO's than Doc... well... DUH! They're top tier for a reason, this thread is to discuss Doc.

I agree with Dogy in that you should pair up with whoever your teammate is comfortable using, but my friends and I main multiple characters so the possibilities are endless! Doc and Falcon is pretty good, but Falcon needs lots of space to be effective and many team stages don't accommodate both of their advantages.

Gea

Smash Master
I prefer anyone who understands how pills work. Plus people with quick finishers (Falcon) work so well with utilizing pillstun. Doc's stubby body helps him stocktank better than he should with his recovery (its alot easier to avoid hits as Doc than say... DK).

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
doc has some "finishers" if you will, that is true. You still wont be doing alot of that unless you have room or unless you find people who refuse to block f.airs or like to run into f.smashes.

you dont always have time to get a clean throw->f.air

Most of your kills will come from edgeguarding (or gimping when available).

__

If you have multiple characters, i guarentee you have one better than Doc. Not going on my doc bashing spree, but there are better people to kill with, and better people to hold stock with.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Liiike Marth!

=P

Actually I think Sheik and Fox are the best partners, and Falcon too.

otg

Smash Master
Uhh.. what about Dsmash? Easily spammable, and a fantastic killing move. I know there are better characters than Doc (thus why he's mid tier), I just enjoy using him and will probably try using him in teams, though I still have other characters to mix in if I don't do well.

Gea

Smash Master
Dsmash alone shouldn't be killing anyone. If it does they didn't DI or they were at waaay too high of a %. Dogy is pretty much right, most of the kills in teams come from bair edgeguards. Second are fair/fsmash kills because its easier to pull off both in teams.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yeah relying on dsmash kills is pretty scrubby and a very bad idea. The only real thing dsmash is exceptionally good at is getting the opponent of the stage for an easy edgeguard/edgehog. Kills usually come from grab to fair, spaced fairs, spaced fsmashes, and most of the time very easy capes and some bair gimps. Something else I find to do is using the nair. When you hold out that nair in a SH the sex will get stronger, and by the time it hits people usually aren't expecting it. I'd say nair kills for me sometimes as well. I'd say Doc.'s tactics in teams are pretty much hit-run, save your team-mate, and tanking stock.

Side-Note: Don't ever spam dsmash in actually matches, you'll most likely lose. It's a good move and it really helps, but don't do it.

Gea

Smash Master
Oh yeah, definitely. Drifting sexes is especially useful in teams matches.

I love when people jump off to try and save their teammate only to both get caped.

otg

Smash Master
Yeah relying on dsmash kills is pretty scrubby and a very bad idea. The only real thing dsmash is exceptionally good at is getting the opponent of the stage for an easy edgeguard/edgehog. Kills usually come from grab to fair, spaced fairs, spaced fsmashes, and most of the time very easy capes and some bair gimps. Something else I find to do is using the nair. When you hold out that nair in a SH the sex will get stronger, and by the time it hits people usually aren't expecting it. I'd say nair kills for me sometimes as well. I'd say Doc.'s tactics in teams are pretty much hit-run, save your team-mate, and tanking stock.

Side-Note: Don't ever spam dsmash in actually matches, you'll most likely lose. It's a good move and it really helps, but don't do it.
Yeah, spamming was the wrong word to use, don't get me wrong here the only thing I would spam are Pills. You guys are undervaluing this move though, it is a good killing move at higher percents that comes out faster than Fsmash and Fair.

I don't spam Dsmash in matches, I typically use it to finish combos because Fsmash isn't as reliable in my experience.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I don't spam any move, I use it juuust enough =P

Doc's fsmash makes me cry. It's worst when you predict that they'll roll through you and you fsmash in the other direction and it works except their roll through you puts them out of your fsmash range =(

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Dsmash isnt underrated, you just have much better options for flat out killing people.

Dsmash is good for getting people off the stage to edgeguard, but if you're looking to flat out KILL somebody with downsmash, you're either

1) letting them live to a ridiculous % to begin with

or

2) playing somebody who had retardedly BAD di. >.>

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yeah. The dsmash is good and it's a great connector to use in combos but don't rely on it to kill. Spamming it is wrong I'm glad you noticed otg. Dsmash is good for getting the opponent off the stage and ending combos in my honest opinion. And trust me the fsmash may have a small hitbox but if you use it right it's amazing. You could just WD backwards from the edge when the opponent is coming up and read his/her next move and use that fsmash. Also fsmash ends some SHFFLed combos. Angled fsmashes also help in certain situations. I wouldn't underestimate Doc's fsmash it's amazing you just gotta use it at the right time.

otg

Smash Master
It just seems to situational. I noticed that for chainthrows you can get it in at around 70ish after an Uair, or follow up with a grab or something. I definitely use Dsmash more to finish combos than Fsmash, and I find it weird that the pros in the forum would disagree.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
if they're at like 70%, midweight or fastfaller, and your initially hit them with a u.air (and only 1 u.air), yeah you better d.smaah; they're going to fall too fast for f.smash.

But if you're u.air juggling them or something, they're going to fall into a f.smash, and they have more of a chance to jump out of a d.smash since the hitbox is lower.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Well yeah otg you're right, fsmash is situational. By situational I mean depending on who you're fighting or where they're at on the stage are the two major factors. For instance, if I'm fighting a Fox/Falco/CF ... and I grab at 40%, I'll CG them 'till around 55% (right when you can't CG anymore), and if I'm near the right side of the stage, chances are if they're going to go towards the end of the stage to avoid giving you more room to CG them. Since they're moving towards the edge instead of towards the center of the stage, you could follow their DI with a uair, FF and then fsmash. Now they're either dead or if they DI'ed good are very far away from the stage, setting up an easy edge-guard. Now if they were to DI towards the center of the stage after your uthrow, then you could've done a uair to dsmash and that would've just racked up some extra damage, not expecting a kill or easy edgeguard. When you start playing very competetive and have to play on a professional level, you learn that just static combos won't always work and have to adapt to the situation and the predicament that you're in to make the right choices and own your opponent(s).

Gea

Smash Master
Most of the greatest players play off of reactions, not preset stuff anyways. There are exceptions and % wise setups, but for the whole...

otg

Smash Master
if they're at like 70%, midweight or fastfaller, and your initially hit them with a u.air (and only 1 u.air), yeah you better d.smaah; they're going to fall too fast for f.smash.

But if you're u.air juggling them or something, they're going to fall into a f.smash, and they have more of a chance to jump out of a d.smash since the hitbox is lower.

Yeah I have noticed that they are sometimes able to jump out of the Dsmash, but more times than not it's my weapon of choice to end combos. I tend to use Fsmash for tech chasing more than anything else, nothing hurts more than teching into death.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
-looks up-

Oh right right, the topic.

... doc in teams. :(

"GO DO SOMETHING, IM BUSY HOLDING STOCK!"
"WHY DONT YOU DO SOMETHING DOGY?!"
"***** I GOT STUBBY ARMS, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? GIVE THEM A HUG?!"
"SURE WHY NOT?!"
"*grab* OK!"
--ping!--
"WAY TO MISS A REST ****ER"

XD

HiIH

Smash Lord
Dogy said:
"GO DO SOMETHING, IM BUSY HOLDING STOCK!"
"WHY DONT YOU DO SOMETHING DOGY?!"
"***** I GOT STUBBY ARMS, WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO? GIVE THEM A HUG?!"
"SURE WHY NOT?!"
"*grab* OK!"
--ping!--
"WAY TO MISS A REST ****ER"
I saw this happen. It was one of the funniest things I've seen.

I think my team might have actually one that one <.<

otg

Smash Master
I updated the original post, just so you're all aware. So last night I got to go to a crack session, and got lots of team battles in. Most of my friends and I are evenly matched, and we we're switching up the teams a fair amount. Here are some thoughts:

Doc+Jiggly *****. Didn't lose a single round, it's like Jiggly was built for teams. My friend saved my recovery once or twice, and is really good about taking advantage of grabs for rests and what not. Overall, really like this team, Fox doesn't hurt them nearly as bad as I figured he would.

Doc+Falcon/Ganon is good as well, Falcon can handle pills pretty nicely, and is able to maneuver and KO a lot better than Doc. Doc ends up being a good stock tank with and getting those gimps in. Ganon might actually be better than Falcon, his gimp game is better and is a lot more powerful. I would control space with pills, and he would rush in with Fairs/Uairs: result? Win.

The highlight of the night however, was a 7-2 comeback on Yoshi's. Doc/Marth vs. Marth/Jiggly. We were getting gimped left and right till we were down 5 stocks, but we came back, and got it down to Marth vs. Marth both at high percent. We lost, but 5 stock comebacks don't happen everyday. I just wish I had a camera so I could show all of you.

So finally, I have a question for the rest of the Docs out there. What's the best way to edgeguard Sheik? She's easily my worst matchup, and I think a lot of it has to do with my inability to keep her OFF the stage. Her recovery is really misleading so it's hard to cape, so the only idea I have is to edgehog and than wait for her to land on the stage for a free Fair.... thats about it though.

Thoughts?

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Ok the best way to edgeguard Sheik is this. When she's off the stage and trying to up+B back onto the stage, if you see she's about to land on the stage, just press towards the stage to do a neutral "get-up" animation, then fsmash her back off the stage. The rising fair from the ledge works well too, but fsmash works better and has more of a probability of killing. If it doesn't kill, she's far enough from the stage from an easy edgeguard (assuming she's high %). If she's not high %, just continue this until she is and until she's gone. Now, the other situation that could happen is she might just go straight above the ledge (if she thinks you might do the neutral edge get-up to a smash attack like everyone else does that knows how to edgeguard Sheik) and wait for you to get on the stage so she can then grab the ledge. In that case just stay on the edge and she's gone. Those are best ways to edgeguard/edgehog Sheik. I wouldn't really ever try to cape Sheik unless she's already above the ledge in the falling animation from her up+B. Also, if you're on the edge and she's not quite ready to up+B towards the stage because she's jumping towards it, make sure she's close enough and go out for a bair gimp. It always works because there are actually a few frames during the startup animation of Sheik's up+B that she's vulnerable to be in hit anyways so either way it will hit her, thereby setting up a very easy edgeguard/edgehog.

otg

Smash Master
Ok the best way to edgeguard Sheik is this. When she's off the stage and trying to up+B back onto the stage, if you see she's about to land on the stage, just press towards the stage to do a neutral "get-up" animation, then fsmash her back off the stage. The rising fair from the ledge works well too, but fsmash works better and has more of a probability of killing. If it doesn't kill, she's far enough from the stage from an easy edgeguard (assuming she's high %). If she's not high %, just continue this until she is and until she's done. Now, the other situation that could happen is she might just go straight above the ledge (if she thinks you might do the neutral edge get-up to a smash attack like everyone else does that knows how to edgeguard sheik) and wait for you to get on the stage so she can then grab the ledge. In that case just stay on the edge and she's done. Those are best ways to edgeguard/edgehog sheik. I wouldn't really ever try to cape Sheik unless she's alread above the ledge in the falling animation from her up+B.
Alright, fantastic advice SmashMac. My biggest problem is I try to play this fight like most of my other matchups where it's: bair's->pill or two-> cape-> repeat. I totally agree with your comments on this fight in your guide: this fight gets me REALLY frustrated, so I just need to learn to approach it differently. Thanks.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Alright, fantastic advice SmashMac. My biggest problem is I try to play this fight like most of my other matchups where it's: bair's->pill or two-> cape-> repeat. I totally agree with your comments on this fight in your guide: this fight gets me REALLY frustrated, so I just need to learn to approach it differently. Thanks.
No problem man. I'm glad that guide is still helping people. I still feel the same way about everything I said in it.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
you can cape sheik, but that shouldnt be your first option.

You can cape after she teleports, and even if she's going straight to the ledge.

But again, that shouldnt be your first option, it should be your option on reaction if you're on the stage and nothing else will work.

otg

Smash Master
SmashMac: do you plan on finishing the lower tiered characters for your guide? If you need any help out with the DK and Roy matchups. One of my crewmates tends to use both on a few occasions, and I played against a ranked DK player in semifinals at a tourney last year... and although I lost I learned a lot from the experience.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
dk: go spam pills, knock him away, repeat. If he is close to you, and turns his back; run. Run far, run fast

roy: chaingrab, throw off stage, grab ledge. Rinse, repeat.

Not that cut and dry, i know; but i want to feel important.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Lolz Dogy.

Yes otg, I do plan on finishing the guide. If you have AIM hit me up my SN is "Kurokawa Shun". I'm always up for information on the character matchups. Like always I'd give you credit for your assistance.

Gea

Smash Master
Dair actually works pretty well against DK if he's on the ground. Do it against his shield and it will probably stab from the top. Drop a uair to land and go from there.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Hitting DK's shield is just not fair.

You guys have decent shields, you don't know what it's like to be DK or G&W!

T_T

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Hitting DK's shield is just not fair.

You guys have decent shields, you don't know what it's like to be DK or G&W!

T_T
You're right.

I dont have a clue what it's like to be an ape with a ridiculously long foot and a broken grab.

I dont have a clue what it's like to be a 2-d shadow with ******** disjointed hitboxes.

Actually, i got the best one of all.

I DONT HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE A CHARACTER WITH A GOOD RECOVERY!

o_o

rawr

otg

Smash Master
Dair actually works pretty well against DK if he's on the ground. Do it against his shield and it will probably stab from the top. Drop a uair to land and go from there.
Watch out for UpB while approaching DK from above, they send you flying and if your by the edge it can gimp you pretty easily. It can be done out of the shield as well, so watch yourself!

Gea

Smash Master
Yeah but you shouldn't be landing on them anyways. Fulljump dair means your shoes should be against his cone head, meaning you can DJ away if it doesn't stab.

Honestly though few DK's lightshield so it should stab more often than not. Man, if Doc had a better recovery and like Marth's grab range... *drools*

Top Bottom