• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Yeah, yeah, yeah... I already know about the Falcon matchup guys. Nevermind all that, I didn't realize you guys wouldn't see what I saw.

Shroomed is obviously doing the best tournament wise, I'll never take that away from him. And you can see the guy smiling from ten thousand miles away, lol.
But...

New smashboards is ***, I may be done here
You always say that, lol

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
Im only a scrub doc but y r other people playing doc. we shud retire doc cuz im not black and shroomed is too good. Just as falco shud retire for shiz and marth for m2k, doc needs to be honored for shroomed. Only doc who can **** a shiek and tech a bob$ fsmash 69 times b4 dying. Good ****, U mad Dogy? <3

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
Yo, dont be afraid to go out and get those offensive fouls. Flopping is not frowned upon. wen u got a asshole marth dtilt fsmash spamming on the ledge, tech dat ****. Shroomed playin some good d, then u getta fast break and u dunk tht ***** :pow:

fortunecookie

Smash Journeyman
hey guys just wondering if doc's late uair beats crouch cancelling because I think I read somewhere that falcon's late Uair does and doc's uair looks pretty similar to falcon's.... In fact what does doc have in general to beat CC besides fair?

edit: by late uair, I mean the strong early hit of the uair lol

Naota21t

Smash Champion
unfortunately doc doesn't really have much to beat CC on approach. If you go in with nair you're asking to get ****ed up. Pill to cover, or just go for grabs at early percents when they can still CC.

mallu000

Smash Cadet
Any tips on Pill Rush, I like to space 2 rising pills into a waveland to control space. And is SHFF pill effective cuz theres so much landing lag.
It's very situational against any character in the game and depends highly on the stage you're playing at. Almost all the Top and High characters can **** you instantly if you go too pill-happy. Mix up your pills and be smart about it. I think it helps if you think pills as a way to block movement and attack lanes for your enemy. Don't think about hitting him with pills, just creating pressure to force your opponent go defensive/attack/stop spamming or whatever.

Max?

Smash Champion
hey guys just wondering if doc's late uair beats crouch cancelling because I think I read somewhere that falcon's late Uair does and doc's uair looks pretty similar to falcon's.... In fact what does doc have in general to beat CC besides fair?

edit: by late uair, I mean the strong early hit of the uair lol
The OP of this thread should have info on what %'s Uair beats CC vs. various characters. If not oops, I lost it. Dsmash is pretty good, and you can always play around someone CCing you as long as you're smart

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
tier shud be revised cuz doc clearly > falcon,marth,peach,shiek
docs only hard mu's is jiggs cuz shiek and marth are *******, peach is a girl, and falcon is a worser char
a good idea to all fox main would be to always have a pocket doc
2013 tier- falco,fox,jiggs,doc/ shiek,marth,falcon,peach/

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
lets talk doc's keys to victory:
pill spacing
tech chase
bair gimps
good mindgames
nice grab game
guaranteed dthrow kobe
underrated doc's upsmash, i really like upsmash techchase its just like a fox (honestly doc's only tough mus are shiek and marth but u can edgeguard both exceptionally well. Any thoughts on approaching either shiek or marth?

Shroomed

Smash Master
I haven't been around because the new smashboards sucks, and I probably won't be.

They ruined all my settings and stuff

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
just wanted everyone to know how broken this edgeguard is with doc
pill-> uair off stage is guaranteed death and u can get back
its like a falcon weak knee-> uair and a fox bair->shine

poega

Smash Apprentice
rev uair or frontal? Cus otherwise it's really not the most devastating move ya feel?

Max?

Smash Champion
What is there to talk about? Ive been coming to this forum for like 8 years and I dont see anything new being discussed. If you guys have questions I'll try to answer them, tho I don't come here as often as I once did, nor do I have patience for dumb questions.

Recently I've been playing again after taking a 4 or 5 month break and I've been coming up with some new technology.

poega

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to discuss or atleast give yet another shoutout to up-b outta shield. I think we've reached the point where pro docs no longer will get away with not knowing this obviously beneficial trick. The next national-level doc will know it like his own [whatever i'm supposed to say here].

Right now we're samuses and peaches not using up+b.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
Its definitely really good. Try to land only the first hit for best results
reverse upb? sounds really good
and this is what you need to do to open options, add %, and alot of stuff
im so tight that the way i learned to upb cancel makes me roll in shiels
any tips on how you guys doit
i go up left down left but i dont know how people go upleft up right
i have it down so nice but i cant do it in shield without rolling
this should be a common problem among docs

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
What is there to talk about? Ive been coming to this forum for like 8 years and I dont see anything new being discussed. If you guys have questions I'll try to answer them, tho I don't come here as often as I once did, nor do I have patience for dumb questions.

Recently I've been playing again after taking a 4 or 5 month break and I've been coming up with some new technology.
I showed the world the prog at APEX.

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
lets talk doc in teams again
like it hasnt a million times in the docboards
but heres my thoughts on who you want as a teamate
jiggs fox or shiek
those are always just amazing as doc can just stock hold and let aggro chars like fox go in and destroy
also puff can rest every time doc grabs

WumpaWolfy

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I'm just getting back into wanting to get competitive after a long hiatus. I've been trying to analyze my playing and I think one area I need to improve is my movement. Watching pro players weave around the stage looks so fluid and I wanted to know what you guys do to practice it and what goes through your mind. For example how often do you move for the sake of not standing still/observing enemy behaviour/baiting an attack? How much of this is at a conscious level? Where I'm at is that I've mastered wave dashing and dash dancing (from a technical standpoint) but I don't feel I integrate them effectively enough into my game. I mainly use wavedashing for dsmash punishes, retreating ftilts, escaping my shield, and ledgehogging, and dash dancing...for trying to be tricky and getting brutally punished. I've had more success since I began mixing the two but with doc's speed I find it far more difficult to use it effectively in comparison to a speedy character like fox.

Also what causes a tech jump exactly? I swear I tech jump instead of teching the ledge like 80 percent of the time, so heart breaking. I figured it would be moving the control stick in the opposite direction of the wall after the tech, but I usually hold towards it so I can DI for the tech. Anyways any help would be appreciated!

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm just getting back into wanting to get competitive after a long hiatus. I've been trying to analyze my playing and I think one area I need to improve is my movement. Watching pro players weave around the stage looks so fluid and I wanted to know what you guys do to practice it and what goes through your mind. For example how often do you move for the sake of not standing still/observing enemy behaviour/baiting an attack? How much of this is at a conscious level? Where I'm at is that I've mastered wave dashing and dash dancing (from a technical standpoint) but I don't feel I integrate them effectively enough into my game. I mainly use wavedashing for dsmash punishes, retreating ftilts, escaping my shield, and ledgehogging, and dash dancing...for trying to be tricky and getting brutally punished. I've had more success since I began mixing the two but with doc's speed I find it far more difficult to use it effectively in comparison to a speedy character like fox.

Also what causes a tech jump exactly? I swear I tech jump instead of teching the ledge like 80 percent of the time, so heart breaking. I figured it would be moving the control stick in the opposite direction of the wall after the tech, but I usually hold towards it so I can DI for the tech. Anyways any help would be appreciated!
If you're holding up while you tech (or pressing one of the jump buttons), you'll tech jump.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend

Oh, the tragedy of the poking character forums. How does one poke better?

Top Bottom