• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I would imagine that Luigi's slipperyness might push him away too far in certain situations where Doc could Usmash OOS.
So maybe weegee can use this when spaced farther apart then?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I want to say your Doc sucks, but that would be based on old videos of SilentSpectre stylin on you for free. I have to commend your vast improvement over that lol.

Shroomed

Smash Master
isnt 21 shots like close to death?

i took 11 shots in an hour once and i was FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU'd up

i'll do like 7-7-7 or something

BigWenz

Smash Ace
isnt 21 shots like close to death?

i took 11 shots in an hour once and i was FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU'd up

i'll do like 7-7-7 or something
haha it depends on what ur drinking. and you dont do them at once spread em out during the day.

also 11 shots in an hour definately ****s u up. did that once with svedka and i dont remember part of the night haha. i also learned why u dont drink on an empty stomach that night.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
i'm so good cuz i go balls deep son!!!

All you guys play too safe/patient/campy man!
i want to say your doc sucks, but that would be based on old videos of silentspectre stylin on you for free. I have to commend your vast improvement over that lol.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW GET BLOWN UP SHROOMED.

I told myself I was gunna start trying to turn melee on like, once a day. I think i'm gunna have to settle with once a week. Then again, I have to turn it on again, first.

edit: lol, I forgot to actually post what I came in here for.

Went to GG and did commentary, and articanus actually talked me (read: sat with the pity faced-me) into playing 2 games of melee with him. That was the funniest thing ever. Kinda reminded me of a washed up Rocky.

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
u have a main? i was under the impression u just like played whatever character u felt like at the time haha. and at 26 ur probably one of the oldest smashers period. and **** i thought u were lik 22, 23
Once in a while I play whatever character I feel like at the moment but I main Samus and Pikachu. I use Samus mostly in singles and Pikachu for doubles. I use Doc pretty much only for Jiggs and Fox for other characters like Doc, Mario, Young Link, and others. For example, at Pound I used Samus like 90% of the time. I've been playing this game competitively since the very beginning, plus my age so I'm definitely one of the Smash OG's lol.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW GET BLOWN UP SHROOMED.

I told myself I was gunna start trying to turn melee on like, once a day. I think i'm gunna have to settle with once a week. Then again, I have to turn it on again, first.

edit: lol, I forgot to actually post what I came in here for.

Went to GG and did commentary, and articanus actually talked me (read: sat with the pity faced-me) into playing 2 games of melee with him. That was the funniest thing ever. Kinda reminded me of a washed up Rocky.

Look at this *****

Posting and ****.

Smooth Criminal

boss8

Smash Hero
if i had the tech skill yea i think i can ****.......im a smart player its just i hafe to be more patient....other then that...i have the mindgames n smarts just when it comes to doing most of the techs im jus not consistent....maybe i should jus prac tech skill wit doc...like

OOS>usmash

pivot grabbing....

wavelands

etc....

Shroomed

Smash Master
i can't even L cancel my dair 90% of the time
i can't pivot anything either
i can't even moonwalk with falcon, short hop out of fox shine, or wavedash forwards with falco

techskill doesn't do anything for doc really

all you really need is the ability to read people moreso than mindgames cuz you can't really trick ppl with doc since 90% of his options are bad and they can beat them out

you gotta kinda guess/know what ppl are gonna do and respond accordingly imo

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
if i had the tech skill yea i think i can ****.......im a smart player its just i hafe to be more patient....other then that...i have the mindgames n smarts just when it comes to doing most of the techs im jus not consistent....maybe i should jus prac tech skill wit doc...like

OOS>usmash

pivot grabbing....

wavelands

etc....
Boss, go back to Mario.

If only against the ICs. Seriously, patient Mario ***** the ICs. Do you still play Chudat? If you slowed down a bit your Mario would be a lot more consistent vs his ICs lol.

Madtsunami

Smash Cadet
i can't even moonwalk with falcon, short hop out of fox shine, or wavedash forwards with falco

all you really need is the ability to read people moreso than mindgames cuz you can't really trick ppl with doc since 90% of his options are bad and they can beat them out

but what do you practice in your room?

Madtsunami

Smash Cadet
haha i love stuff like that, even if i can't even use it in match since it's on a different character. Probably out of some deep seated fear of spacies actually
Ironically your matches are the reason I started practicing wavelands lol

i'm still bad though

boss8

Smash Hero

ight ill keep that in mind....

Boss, go back to Mario.

If only against the ICs. Seriously, patient Mario ***** the ICs. Do you still play Chudat? If you slowed down a bit your Mario would be a lot more consistent vs his ICs lol.
idk man...chudat be gay......i tried it once n got close but still its madd gay...

VGmasta

Smash Lord
age doesn't mean anything lol

not at least till ur 40ish anyway

NO JOHNS DAWG
Oh I got johns on top of johns that outweigh that age factor. I haven't even been able to go to anymore tournaments. I've temporarily lost the motivation to get any better after what happen to me at NOOB 3 and being so broke on top off that. Once I start stackin' bread, I'll be back on the tourney scene hopefully.

L-canceling the d-air is too situational, in my opinion. I notice that you usually d-air if it's gonna autocancel, which is pretty much the better option anyway. L-canceled d-airs have so much punishable lag, especially since the d-air is easy to crouchcancel.

I agree that Doc doesn't REQUIRE as much techskill as say Falco or Fox, or even Ganondorf. But remember, even having the ability to wavedash consistently is considered techskill, and then there's wavedashing out of shield, upsmash out of shield, lightshielding, spacing/landing grabs that hold pretty crucial for Doc's metagame. Then there's super situational gimmicks like up-B canceling (I still can't do it) and shielddropping.

Guessing/knowing what ppl are gonna do and responding to it is pretty much how I play. Works against some people better than others though. I gotta practice combos and TECHCHASING. I think my win ratio as Doc would increase at least 50% if I could punish knockdowns better.

On a side note, I've discovered some of Falco's game. The Falcon matchup feels at least 50% easier as Falco than when I use Doc. (And my Falco aint even good yet) Even the Doc matchup feels a bit easier as Falco. The Doc v Falco matchup only feels evenish if I get grabbed --> edgeguarded. (I'm bad at avoiding grabs right now) But with that, Falco is definitely the easier character to win with, I get to play against Falcon the opposite way as to how I have to play as Doc.

And Shroomed, wavedashing with Falco is easy lol, same as Doc's wavedash, but delay the airdodge after the jump by one frame. But I know what you're getting at though. I used to mess up wavedashing switching between Doc and Ganon all the time, lol. And I just saw you do I new combo on Zhu's Falco: up-air, up-air, dropzone f-air?!? lol

Top Bottom