• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Doc and DK MUs

Kmac0

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately I find myself playing Doc and DK a lot in New Jersey, and they're the furthest thing from fun to fight. I'm curious what others might think of the matchups. Perhaps there are some unique insights that I haven't thought of that'll make them easier.

Seems to me like one of the most important aspects of both of these MUs is spacing well on their shields. DK has nasty grab punishes, and Doc can wavedash OoS dsmash your mistakes on shield.
My only real pet peeves are dealing with Doc's pills and with DK's strong punch / bair. help me please

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Lololol. I go into the samus forums looking for Falco tips and find this thread <3

Corigames

Smash Hero
I get bodied by Falcon, so I'll not give advice there.

Played Westballz DK, didn't get bodied:
DK's shield is bad. His head pokes out a little after a little bit of shield damage, so he has to hold up to cover it. When you do your MCs, just aim for the head and force him to tilt it up and then go for shield poke/grab when it gets there or call a roll if he does that.

Dair isn't half bad for edge guarding, since sending him down does wayyy more to stop him than sending him out and his recovery can be triple easy to read.

Spaced bairs are the worst he can do. If he's doing that, just treat it like Ganon spaced fairs and you'll be fine.

If he grabs you, expect to get cargo tossed up and then head banged to death. Just DI to the sides of the stage and recover easy. There's not really anything he can do to hit you off stage that doesn't also kill him.

Up B OoS works great on him since he's fat and has to get in close. If he's ever on top of you, it's generally ok to screw 'em.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Played Minty on Netplay and got bodied. Recorded it if you wanna see it, Kmac0 Kmac0

Fast-techy Samus players are really hard. @ihavespaceblondes told me this back in the day. Minty kept comboing me hard when I was above him on platforms. Stories, FoD, Stadium seem to be favorable for Samus.

Invincible Nair from ledge destroy DK btw.

Smash Journeyman
I wanna see recordings

do you mean invincible reverse nair to edgeguard upb?

Top Bottom