• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do YOU Want To See Melee at Winter Brawl 7?? - CONFIRMED! POST IN THE TOURNEY THREAD!

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Um, yes. Yes, please. Definitely yes. I wouldn't be going myself (wrong coast :p ), but I would stream the **** out of that. For serious, guys. Make it happen.

Landry

Smash Ace
Where is WinterBrawl located? As long as its in a region with plenty of smasher (which is pretty much everwhere, tbh) they might as well go for. MELEE DOING IT UP.

Chroma

Smash Apprentice
I'd try to bring 5/10 people out from Penn to Winter Melee 7, if it's gonna have a melee event.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
It's in Philly, so if they give us the go ahead they'll probably have to cap our **** or something. lulz
Yeah seriously, at this point no one good is gunna say "Yeah I'll go", they're gunna say "So should I book of work or what?"

silverliight

Smash Cadet
if melee and brawl gets into winter brawl 7, me and my friends will love to go. and will definitely enjoy the venue like last time at NEC :) :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
chibo: is there a date or something? lol. read the entire OP and it didn't mention a date.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Went and looked it up, Feb 23. That's sooo close, he seriously needs to give a yes or no if he wants anybody to show up. Someone tell M2K, if it'll get him seeding points at Evo (can it?) he'd go.

S l o X

Smash Champion
I am definitely going to try to get a group to go to ANY EC qualifiers or Melee events that have anything to do with EVO.

+support

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
imo you guys should go ahead and confirm melee ASAP. It seems like it'll pull decent numbers, and I can only imagine more people will be interested once there's a thread/people start posting.

I won't be able to attend, but I'd definitely tune into the stream.

Big E Gaming

Smash Rookie
Ok guys I have faith in the smash community, so I will add Melee to the wb7 game list.

:phone:

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Come out in droves guys, I might even take some of you to South Street for a pizza steak.

[ishkabibbles]

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
So many amazing places to eat, check out the popular cheesesteak places (Pats and Genos), and go to Reading Terminal Market, which has the best of like.... everything

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
Are people aware of the pricing? I hope enough attend but just hoping every1 that says yes realizes with venue at 30 the event will be about 50.

Ps we need to find a way to get some popular fgc players to give it a whirl, winter brawl could be a good starting platform.

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
Super hype to hear the confirmation from this. Again, if anyone is looking for a room please do hit me up via private message on here or Facebook. Hoping to see a really good turnout and I will be playing in Melee!

Also, this contest got a lot of coverage. The Melee community could be seeing a true revival. An article made its way to my newsfeed and thought it was noteworth:

http://www.gameskinny.com/1044/final-game-for-evo-2013-smash-bros

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
It's a bit too far for me to travel but I'll definitely be watching if Melee gets in.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Are people aware of the pricing? I hope enough attend but just hoping every1 that says yes realizes with venue at 30 the event will be about 50.

Ps we need to find a way to get some popular fgc players to give it a whirl, winter brawl could be a good starting platform.

It's close so my group and I may go, but 50$ for venue+playing fees+10-15 more in gas per person has my friends and I thinking we'd rather just get together for a day or two at one of our houses and set up a couple TVs+smash and the streams on a laptop. The tournament will be mad stacked as a result of the venue fee/hype around this though and should get a good deal of entrants regardless. I think streams will get as many views as a major despite the delay in announcement of this. Should make for an interesting weekend.

Top Bottom