• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do YOU Want To See Melee at Winter Brawl 7?? - CONFIRMED! POST IN THE TOURNEY THREAD!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
CONFIRMED!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=333876

Big opportunity here everyone!!

As you may remember or not, Big E let us hold Smash at NEC last December. The turnout was pretty ok, and the tournaments ran great. He was open to us potentially having another event with him. Big E is an amazing FGC host in the Philadelphia area, and working with him further can do nothing but good for the Smash community!

Fast forward to this month, and Melee made it into Evo!!!

But wait... THERE'S MORE!

Big E's next tournament - Winter Brawl 7 - Is an Evo qualifer!

What does this mean for us? Nothing too much... yet. There currently is no qualifier information set for Melee in regards to Evo, but I want to help change that. Winter Brawl 7 can be a great way to help push this change, by first getting the game into an Evo qualifier event!

Big E wants to see your support for Melee at Winter Brawl 7! The event is about 3 weeks away, so we need to act fast! If Melee makes it into Winter Brawl, I'll help make sure the event is amazing and I'm sure the amazing staff with Big E Gaming will treat us great.

Show your support and post here letting everyone know that you want to see Melee at Winter Brawl 7!

Whether you want to show up (YOU SHOULD!) or want to tune into the stream to show support for the game. Lets show the entire FGC what Melee has to offer and give them a sneak peak at what's in store for Evo 2013!!!

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
The best thing a fighting game has going for it is its community, and Melee shall be no exception. Should Melee be accepted at Winter Brawl 7, I will bus my sorry butt from Pittsburgh to play. I might not be very good yet, but I can recognize something special when it's happening.

Revven

FrankerZ
Yo, I 100% support this even though I cannot attend. I'll tune into the stream though just like I did for NEC.

strawhats

Smash Master
I support this tournament although I can't attend. Melee doing big things man!

Bing

Smash Master
That would be pretty awesome. Even if its not an Evo Qualifier. I wish there was more notice though, going to be a bit difficult to possibly pull in good numbers. Should be okay though

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

JediSange

Smash Apprentice
Is this confirmed yet? If so, I am planning on being there for SF4 and will enter Melee. Also, I have a room reserved that is not yet full. Hit me up on Facebook if you're interested. Will be posting in the event as Austin DeVinney.

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
It's in philly? Sweet deal, I could actually go to that, enter, and get absolutely destroyed. Sounds fun.
I'm for it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Guys cut the Melee Brawl crap out lol
Who cares

Either way this is hype, keep the support coming!

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Already planning to go for UMVC3 practice, I guess I can get on a mic.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^dude gk ahead. I've been saying stream monsters have to keep up with the current troll metagame. Fox only final destination is so 2006. Battle field only for 2013 chat spam :troll:

:phone:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
^dude gk ahead. I've been saying stream monsters have to keep up with the current troll metagame. Fox only final destination is so 2006. Battle field only for 2013 chat spam :troll:

I fully support melee being at WB7 and will probably watch the stream. This is pretty short notice though so I'd suggest to the guy running it to not expect as large a turnout from the smash scene as for the rest of the games. Granted, turnout may still be very good, but we're still getting less than 3 weeks notice.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well is it happening or not? The longer he takes to decide the less people will be able to travel. It's pretty good spot for some good players to make it out.

Top Bottom