• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you think the last 2 will be revealed together?

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Personally I don't think so, as it would make it easier to space out reveals and wait times for new characters.

But I can't imagine speculation when there is only 1 slot left... It's going to be difficult.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I personally think that is unlikely, probably because of what may be the possible time gap of the two characters in terms of development. But it would be cool if it were to happen.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I personally don't think it is likely in my opinion.

I predict that they may possibly unveil fighter #4 maybe around September and then fighter #5 around December.

andree123

Smash Ace
Not likely to me.
Fighter #4 should be revealed in a Nintendo Direct at October or November and then later release it in December.
Fighter #5 should be revealed and released at February 2020.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I think the dual reveal was just a special thing given E3's significance. The last two characters will probably be spaced out to keep the suspense going for a little while longer.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo isn't out by September then I think the last two are being revealed at VGAs.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I think they will not be revealed together, but revealed extremely close to each other like Cloud and Bayonetta were for Smash 4. I could see fighter 4 being revealed either when Banjo & Kazooie drops or November, and fighter 5 being revealed in December.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I don't think it'll happen. They have too much time to announce two characters and then keep people waiting for months. More likely they'll spread it out.

GhostM

Phantom
They definitely won’t reveal the two characters together. I feel like they only did that because of E3, but normal Nintendo directs would only reveal one character, followed by a period of time, and then they'll reveal the next character.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I guess revealing one at a time makes the most sense, but seeing two at once is fun!

StormC

Smash Hero
Fighter 4 in a September Direct and Fighter 5 at the VGA I reckon.

The wait after Joker was so long because they were clearly saving Hero and Banjo for E3.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yep. I believe Fighter's 4 & 5 get revealed in a November Smash Direct, 4 releasing in December/January and 5 in February.

I'm of mind that no one is getting revealed until the characters already announced are released. DQ in late-July and Banjo in mid-October.

StormC

Smash Hero
Yep. I believe Fighter's 4 & 5 get revealed in a November Smash Direct, 4 releasing in December/January and 5 in February.

I'm of mind that no one is getting revealed until the characters already announced are released. DQ in late-July and Banjo in mid-October.
I mean, they revealed Joker before Piranha Plant came out.

I don't think they will do a Smash Direct because it seems like they'll be releasing trailers separately from the in-depth videos that come with updates.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I mean, they revealed Joker before Piranha Plant came out.

I don't think they will do a Smash Direct because it seems like they'll be releasing trailers separately from the in-depth videos that come with updates.
True although Plant was a separate deal outside of the Fighters Pass. I think Sakurai would rather release the characters in the Pass before revealing additional ones.

It could go either way but I think a Direct in November is likely how DLC gets capped off. With maybe a surprise announcement at the VGA's about something else like an additional fighter outside the Pass. Unlikely but that's how I can see things going.

Mainly, I just don't see anyone getting revealed in September which is when the end of year Directs usually happen.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Definately not together

We will see number 4 around the time we learn about banjo just like with joker even though there was no character reveal

Just for fun the 3 most likely guess in my eyes for the last two

Crash
Ryu hayabusa
Doomguy

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
I don't think so. I think DLC 4 will be revealed after Banjo is out in the fall and DLC 5 would be probably be revealed in December.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that Character #4 will be revealed sometime in September or October (around the time that BK releases) and Character #5 will be revealed at the VGA.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What about Gamescom? Think a Smash character could, in theory, be revealed there?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
What about Gamescom? Think a Smash character could, in theory, be revealed there?
I'd put it as a maybe. There is also EVO coming up in the same month as Gamescom in which I assume the event will take place in August. If not, then there is the Tokyo Game Show which comes up in September where they could do an announcement of some sorts.

Nemuresu

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3325-3200-4137
I'll drop my two cents into this: I think it's very likely for the last two characters to be revealed together.

Schedule being Summer and Autumn this year for Hero and Banjo leads me to believe the last two won't be out until December and February. And since no character announcement overlapped with Joker's dedicated Direct, I feel like those remaining characters will be tied to some Q4 Direct or event.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I think it's unlikely. We will probably get one around Banjo's release or even around Evo, and then one at TGA.

That said, I wish we would, because I'd kill for a Layton and Phoenix dual-reveal trailer.

Top Bottom