• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you prefer the male trainer or the female trainer?

Which Pokemon Trainer is your favorite?

• Red (Male)

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • Leaf (Female)

Votes: 55 63.2%
  • No preference

Votes: 12 13.8%

• Total voters

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
Male pokemon trainers voice just sounds....weird compared to his voice in brawl. While the female pokemon trainers voice goes with her artwork and she's cute.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I've always preferred playing as the girls In Pokemon, so that carries over to Smash.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Neither are important, I'm just here for Charizard and I'm trying to ignore that the Pokemon Trainer him/herself exists.

newsuperhackboys

Smash Cadet
The girls are extremely cute but I usually play as the male one because I'm biased because I am Male, but I'll vote for no preference because I honestly think the girl looks better, it's just that I don't choose her.

Maikou

Smash Ace
I like Red well enough for his design and actual lines, but the new voice is definitely.....odd, especially compared to his Brawl voice. Leaf's design is cool too though, and her voice is pretty great, along with being a new option, when we used to only have color swaps for Red, so I sorta put up with the discolored Pokemon for that. I like both enough, and Red's voice is growing on me a bit, but I do prefer Leaf's overall.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Male pokemon trainers voice just sounds....weird compared to his voice in brawl. While the female pokemon trainers voice goes with her artwork and she's cute.
Between Red & Wolf, I am glad that Megaman's a mute so at least 1 of my mains isn't completely horrible to listen to.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
I like Red and Leaf both of them are cool to me. Outside of Smash I like Red slightly more though for Smash I prefer Leaf since I cannot stand the Ash-sounding voice they gave him and the voice they gave Leaf fits her in my opinion. Honestly I kind of wish they got Bryce Papenbrook to do Red's lines in this game but I know Smash Bros just love to reference the core anime series more than anything else.

D

Deleted member

While :ultpokemontrainer: will not be my main or secondary, it makes me happy there is a female variant so I will favor her heavily. When it comes to the fighting games I have played over the years, I have developed something of an affinity for playing female fighters.

Sayonara :kirby:

Call_Me_Red

Smash Journeyman
The only reason I prefer male Trainer is because it makes me laugh when he says 'dangit!' Literally the only reason I use male over female

Archimedes

The Rad Simisear
Switch FC
7772-6031-3529
I prefer Male Trainer cause I like being my gender when its a self insert character. That and female trainers in game face is soooooo bad. Only down side is the gen 5 color swap is female so I cant rep my favorite gen :c

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I thought I was going to prefer the female trainer but... when I saw the “sort of black” male trainer that had a blue charizard (that was the alternate color I always chose for charizard in smash 4) I refuse to play as any other.

Slipdash

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
0223-8373-6238
I do female because she has my favorite Squirtle color.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
Neither are important, I'm just here for Charizard and I'm trying to ignore that the Pokemon Trainer him/herself exists.
Same here. I used purple Charizard in Smash 4, so I use the female trainer as a result and technically prefer her over the male version. But it's because of the fact that purple Charizard is tied to the female trainer. I just want to use Charizard only, and am indifferent to Squirtle, Ivysaur, and the trainer herself.

D

Deleted member

I never want to hear the Male Trainer's voice ever again, plus Alolan Female Trainer has the blue alts for her Pokemon, so Female Trainer is the obvious winner.

Jaycee_023

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5215-0852-1547
Female with purple Pokemon is what I'm partial to! If I had to pick a male skin it'd be either the original Red, or the dark skinned one.

Click Klack

Smash Cadet
I mostly chose my skin based on the color of the actual pokemon. I prefer the 4 female colors over the male. Also the male's voice is really annoying for me for some reason. So over all i prefer the Female. The actual trainer's them self both look kinda strange tbh but it's whatever.

Up0n

Smash Cadet
Female has better colors tbh; I love the light one where Ivysaur has a white rose :)

BigRedMonster07

Smash Cadet
I honestly don't know...

Red sounds so F*cking annoying, but I also like the default colours, which leaf can't get...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Female Trainer for the win because she is cute and is somewhat more appealing. Plus I like her dark skin alt or as I like to call it "Hispanic alt". I know the alt isn't referencing Hispanics, but I like to think it is.

1FC0

Smash Lord
It seems that most people prefer Leaf because they think she's hot (it also seems a lot of Fire Emblem characters have the same thing going on). Personally I'm not as crotch-driven so I take the OG champion. He also has the blue alt which is also a huge plus for me. I also like that his body language looks more stable. His new voice may be **** but that's not enough to ruin him for me.

LoZ00

Smash Journeyman
I choose Red simply because I like default palettes more. If I want to choose an alt, then I most likely choose the blue one, which is, once more, associated with Red.

Hex Maniac

Smash Rookie
To the people who say it's not important: Yes It Is... I'd play as more characters if they had a girl version.

Also: I'd like to see more different Pokemon Trainer styles, such as the other games girls.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
How can most of you prefer Leaf i always find the Female Trainers look to Girly!

Edit i play the 3rd alt Gold

Last edited:
Top Bottom