Do you prefer one Samus over the other? If so, why?

Which one do you prefer?

• Total voters

febLey

Smash Cadet
NNID
febLey
Hi there,
so I was fiddling around with both Samus for the last few days.

From what I've read Dark Samus seems to be objectively a bit better.
Their frame data and attributes seem to be identical.
DS has a 3 frames faster roll and can hit small characters with a baby CS,
while Samus F-Smash has a bit more range and is a tiny bit smaller.

But somehow DS to me feels very floaty and sluggish, while Samus feels faster and snappier.
Am I imagining things? Are these just the animations that are throwing me off?

For that reason I think prefer Samus.

Urgoz

Smash Rookie
I feel it is the animations. Dark Samus is all graceful and floaty, movements seamlessly flow one after the other with her. OG Samus feels more "grounded", she braces herself when shooting stuff to compensate for recoil, while dark samus just lifts her cannon and its like "ugh whatever here's a missile". etc. It's just the animations.

Last edited:
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
NNID
meleebrawler
I feel it is the animations. Dark Samus is all graceful and floaty, movements seamlessly flow one after the other with her. OG Samus feels more "grounded", she braces herself when shooting stuff to compensate for recoil, while dark samus just lifts her cannon and its like "ugh whatever here's a missile". etc. It's just the animations.
The super missile firing animation makes me think it's more ''I don't really know how this suit and it's weapons work or how to move a human body efficiently but I'm so powerful I don't need to.''

Downshift

Smash Apprentice
This. Couldn't have said it better myself.

KX17

Smash Rookie
I have thought that Samus seems more faster in terms of initial dash. Also I prefer Samus since I havw already gotten used to backflipping with her. Unlike Damus, Samus’s hitbox is smaller when you jump backwards.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Switch FC
SW-8176-8978-3289
Dark Samus animations are too cool, and that victory screen where she splits in two, and join back in one? It is just too good.

I usually use Dark Samus for her roll and height, I sometimes switch to regular Samus because I'm a nostalgic but I have a stronger feeling with the dark one right now

I've just seen that ESAM still uses Samus over Dark Samus. Why do you think he chooses the regular one? Of course not for the F-smash. Do you think that having a better hurtbox shifting in some situations makes her better than the dark counterpart?