• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you have any other hobbies than just Smash?

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hobbies mainly depend on whether I feel like doing it. Playing other games, spending time online, watching toku, game shows and anime, reading books (mainly comics), earning achievements on RetroAchievements.

Apart from that, I hold a job at one of the major libraries in one of our fused town areas, I place returned books.
I work in a library too. :)

Jasper the Tourist

Smash Apprentice
I’m a singer/songwriter/musician. I’m on Spotify (and every other streaming service) if you’re interested. Guitar and ukulele stuff, mainly. There’s some folk, punk, indie, pop and alt rock in my sound and even a few hip hop tracks.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/73r570XcbrRKV9x6BGhcbJ?si=R4G9f-jjQq6xj3ARzkRxOA

I’m also into hiking and outdoorsy stuff. I’m a dad as well and I work with adults on the autism spectrum, so I’m a busybody.

Tokyo Cloud

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-1692-5700-5908
I'm pretty into gardening and drawing (though I'm a terrible artist lol). I also love to read various book/articles/poems/fanfictions etc. and I kind of wanna bake some more lately, so that might turn out to be another hobby of mine.

Dattix

Smash Rookie
I like to break outdoors. In fact, my job is outside. This summer I'm planning on going on camping trips all over the area on weekends, just because it's there.

LuckyUO

Smash Rookie
When I was younger my dream was to become a stylist. Now I'm working as a consultant in a local shop but I also make hairstyles to my friends and that's my hobby. I don't have an appropriate education but I have skills and I love what I do. Maybe I'll become a professional once. I even started thinking about making my own blog as Monica did (mystraightener). Making people beautiful is really interesting.

Isaac4

Smash Apprentice
NNID
someletters
3DS FC
4270-5125-0529
Switch FC
SW-0987-8922-3098
II'm in a marching band, I draw, and I work on a business account on instagram. I also just watch a bunch of YouTube videos and read comic books.

LycanAnimates

Smash Rookie
My hobbies are playing Splatoon, drawing, playing Pokémon Showdown, watching Youtube and just doing stuff on the net.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Going to the gym and workout
Do some outdoor stuff like cookouts and all that
Listening to rap music (old school)

Last edited:

prowler92

Smash Rookie
I draw traditional illustrations during my free time. My dad taught me off-road driving so I've been doing that for 3 years already.

Uberhero

Smash Rookie
Aside from Smash, I also play a lot of MTG. In fact, me and a friend of mine usually go every week to the local mall to play those.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here are my hobbies:
-Watching Surreal Memes on Youtube
-Playing around with SpaceEngine
-Causing absolute chaos and hilarity in Garry's Mod
-Listening to Dragonforce
-Eat
-Sleep
-More eating
-More sleeping
-Going outside
-Video Games
-Looking at Kirby fan art
-Reading Loud House fan-fictions (no, not the mature graphic ones.)
-Getting into fights with inanimate objects
-Thinking about the purpose of life, our universe and everything
-Exploring r/Kirby

Last edited:

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
I like extracting assets from games through the use of emulators often. It’s interesting to see the inner workings of a user interface, especially if you major in graphic design.

link2702

Smash Champion
My hobbies other than gaming tend to shift a lot. One that kinda is consistent is playing music. I know a little bit of guitar, piano, and ocarinas(think we all know why on that one) a little more about viola.

I also have lately been in the habit of taking apart and fixing old electronics, mostly old transistor radios. I also am interested in radio in general, i have two shortwave radios, one old SW-60 that was in mint condition when I got it, another modern ccrane skywave with ssb. I also turned my raspberry pi into a sdr that can receive mostly vhf and uhf frequencies, so things like airband and emergency/police bands. I eventually plan to upgrade the usb RTL-SDR stick I got for a much more robust sdr receiver later.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
In my last post, I said I don't do anything aside from gaming and using the computer. And while that's still somewhat true to this day, I've picked up a hobby since then—I collect figurines. Not just any figurines, but figurines of my absolute favorite videogame characters—PaRappa, Lammy, Rammy, and DQ11 characters just to name a few. I'm planning to collect a few more figurines from the Dragon Quest series, like the first 6 Heroes in the series, as well as Alena from DQIV. I also have somewhat of an interest in astronomy, as I find space really interesting. I don't really have the skills or the brainpower to make it into NASA, but that's alright—merely looking at the stars at night is good enough for me. Although I don't own a telescope yet, I think some day I would like to.

Kold Pizza

Smash Apprentice
I like playing other video games besides Smash, usually ones from Nintendo.

Besides gaming, I like drawing and watching cartoons and movies.

D

Deleted member

I like Marvel (more specifically their Fantastic Four stuff doh alongside other characters), Godzilla movies, Metroid and Dragon Quest.

I also like to be an open minded person and give anything a try, besides helping other people who I believe can get better with any kind of help I could give them.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I probably posted this a while back but my hobbies included gardening (of the vegetable and fruits variety), cooking (of the spicy, meaty variety), drinking alcohol (of the spirits variety), drawing (of the non-serious/scratch the creative itch variety), and fish keeping (of the tropical fish variety).

D

Deleted member

Card games oh yeah!

ATM I play a total of 4 games(listed in my sig) but own cards from at least 3 more(Pokemon, Chaotic, and Bakugan but before the reboot)

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
the hobbies i do
Drawing and making comics
Watch Cartoons
Play Video Games either for fun or to learn character's history
go outside
do work outs
help out to earn money
help autism kids at soccer(during spring or fall)
and talk with friends

My Main Hobbies right now are Drawing, Video Games, and soon i'll be getting a morning part time job.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Playing Video Games
  • Watching Anime
  • Reading
  • Drawing/Crafting
  • Figure Collecting
  • Gardening (Flowers)
  • Exercising
  • Baking

Quin

Smash Rookie
I love roller skating, skateboarding, drawing, reading and going to the gym for the most part. Those plus gaming make up my life. I would say listening to music but that’s no more of a hobby than eating breakfast lol.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
At any given time, I have either no hobbies or way too many hobbies at once with no inbetween.
Right now, I'm trying to learn to write, learn to draw, learn three programming languages (C, Assembly, and FORTRAN IV), learn to speak and write Japanese...
I just can't focus on stuff. It's a mess.

CbM_

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1723-7582-5511
I love Ping-Pong
and if i am bored i like drawing
but sports is really fun to do.. -just not regularly

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Started a Youtube channel not long ago.

Used to make custom Sonic figures.
Used to make pearler beads sprite figures.
Used to draw. A lot. Now I kinda suck at it.

Now I'm into mish-mashing songs from scratch on my mobile device. I'm not a music expert, but I enjoy doing it regardless.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Started a Youtube channel not long ago.

Used to make custom Sonic figures.
Used to make pearler beads sprite figures.
Used to draw. A lot. Now I kinda suck at it.

Now I'm into mish-mashing songs from scratch on my mobile device. I'm not a music expert, but I enjoy doing it regardless.
that's cool, what's your channels name so i can watch?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have an instagram account where I post fakemon I've created. I have a region called "Bargeo" that I'm working on at the moment. I'm not super great at posting consistently though.

I don't know if it counts as a "hobby" (because really I'm trying to make this more than a hobby) but I also do online courses on different things like 3d modeling, animation, texture painting, illustrator, after effects and photoshop.

Also being unproductive by watching videos on how to be more productive.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Animals especially dogs. Big dog lover here.
Prehistory especially prehistoric animals.
Media buff so all kinds of movies, shows and games.
Outdoor activities like hiking and kayaking.
Mythologies notably Greek, Egyptian, and Norse.
Cryptozoology.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
that's cool, what's your channels name so i can watch?
yeah same i want to see it
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzBAep7AEIJuWvyUxc0IqrQ

This would be the link.
I’ve been out for a while because I had this 2nd video ready and my laptop broke. :(

Still... I’m still trying to find my content of preference. And I think I might have it, but can’t do anything right now.

... still. I made much progress in another one of my hobbies.
If y’all don’t mind, I’m going to leave this here.

https://rocktropics.bandcamp.com/album/sounds-collide

It’s a Sonic/Megaman mashup tribute album.
I’m giving it away for a while, so go get it if you’re interested! And let me know what you guys think!

Another Player

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad you asked. Chess, Magic, Resistance, Settlers of Catan, and more. It's in my profile at the Elite and should be here too. https://speedrunwiki.com/User:Greatmax
Anyone playing me in real life can vouch for me in case you think this account is fake. I'm on the top screen here done about a week ago. I still demolish at Goldeneye though SSBM is almost as old. Week old gameplay at this point. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fx3FC59eSM
You can easily find what I'm doing on my pages. Though I will post one more link to show my Perfect Dark play. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA9mE-nSwyM

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I watch professional wrestling, play Pokémon Sword recently, other great Switch games, as well as watch Basketball. I sometimes take walks around my neighbourhood when it’s warmer as well.

Top Bottom