• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you have any other hobbies than just Smash?

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Or gaming in general?

I play a variety of instruments (although to call my musical endeavors a hobby is merely an understatement). I also enjoy fitness, and have anted to get into tennis. I'm a guitar enthusiast, and (attempt to) write screenplays. I'm also interested in music/audio production as well (so in general, studio work).

How about you?

CassandraZD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groosinator
3DS FC
5429-9033-2238
I have lots of other games I play other than Smash. I tend to stick to Nintendo and PC games just because I only have those consoles, though I have played other games like Persona 4 and Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

My other hobbies... there's not much. I like to walk and look at things. I like doing goofy forum signatures and stuff. Writing as well. I love listening to music. That about covers it.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I read and write poetry, watch television (I am currently enjoying Doctor Who and Gravity Falls), occasionally sketch fantasy characters and go for walks.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
I like to play basketball and other Nintendo games like Megaman, Mario Kart, Kirby games, etc. Other than that, nowadays I spend my time going to my college classes and trying to make more friends.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Hmm with games, i just recently realized that Smash is the only game i truly enjoy. I play pretty much anything but lately there hasn't been much games. Or money. :( lmao

So when im not playing the vidja games I usually sketch stuff, and attempt to write. I play guitar but not nearly as much as i used to.
Same thing with airsoft and my other physical activities, but that's mostly my ankle's fault....For now i just fix AEG's for highschool kids, and keep my sword wall oiled. But overall. I cook the most. Im not exellent at it but its fun (and sometimes tasty even!) ^_^'

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
That reminds me of the time I bought a guitar and decided I was gonna become a rock star.

It dwelt in the corner of my room for the next few years gathering dust, until I eventually used it for a Yui Hirasawa cosplay.

I dropped it an hour into the con and broke it.

It died a noble death.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
That reminds me of the time I bought a guitar and decided I was gonna become a rock star.

It dwelt in the corner of my room for the next few years gathering dust, until I eventually used it for a Yui Hirasawa cosplay.

I dropped it an hour into the con and broke it.

It died a noble death.
after looking up what a 'Yui Hirasawa' was. I'd say that was worth every penny XD

Here's hoping it wasn't a legit Les Paul though xD!

0-0"

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
I forgot to add that I attend a club every Thursday evening almost religiously, connecting with people my age.

I don't always leave the cave that is my room, but when I do, its da club.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
after looking up what a 'Yui Hirasawa' was. I'd say that was worth every penny XD
Here's hoping it wasn't a legit Les Paul though xD!

0-0"
It's okay, just a run-of-the-mill music shop model. I couldn't afford the real deal even if I wanted to.

I don't think it cost me more than a hundred quid in the first place. I can't play anyway and I kept walking into stuff, so I think that enhanced the realism of the cosplay.

AEFrazzleCandy

Smash Cadet
NNID
GatorCrash
I watch Nostalgia Critic, love hanging out with friends at the pool, biking, at the playground, biking to the playground..I also love drawing on paper mostly, reading Kingdom Keepers, going places with family, and just hanging out on here.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I cook, fish, and occasionally read comic books.

D

Deleted member

I've been drawing since forever. That's literally my main hobby, besides this game series of course.

I also have some kind of interest towards technology, so that's something.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
I mainly watch anime/American TV shows/films, read manga, collect amiibos and anime-related figures (occasionally make poses and such) and browse social media. I also enjoy bike-riding and taking my dogs out for walks.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
My main hobby is gaming, I mostly like Nintendo games and just online games in general.
Anime is also a hobby of mine, I really enjoy the characters/action/plots of many of the ones I've watched.
I also a good bit of the Cartoon Network/Nick/Disney cartoons from around 2000-2008 or so, like Danny Phantom, the 1st Ben 10 series, the Teen Titans series, and Kim Possible. My TV viewing is also mixed in with Gravity Falls(seen random episodes, not caught up yet) and Doctor Who.
I like reading SOME things, not very many books these days interest me(or I'm just not trying to find one that does), and most of the reading I do now is manga or stuff for school. I've been trying to get into comic books, I just can't really find any I like.
I'm decent at drawing, I've been doing it a lot less lately, I probably need to get back into that.
If Krav Maga counts as a hobby, I enjoy that as well as basketball.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Reading, writing, making custom sprites, toy collecting, and sleeping if that counts.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Reading, writing, TV, film, editing videos, Photoshop, and tinkering with computers. I guess also cooking too and I may look into making music with various iPad apps

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
I draw, read and ride my bike. I don't do anything of these things nowhere near as often as a I should; but these are my hobbies.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I enjoy dying slowly inside the discomfort of my own greasy flesh. That's a hobby, right?
Oh my god, me too!

WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON.

But yeah I forgot to mention, I cosplay. My most recent foray into the wonderful world of animated costumery was Taokaka from BlazBlue, which was really fun (in addition to really really really really hot).

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Drawing, amiibo collecting and taking care of my pets
But yeah I forgot to mention, I cosplay. My most recent foray into the wonderful world of animated costumery was Taokaka from BlazBlue, which was really fun (in addition to really really really really hot).
Even in cosplays, you'll always be a cat :052:

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
1. Trying to Get good at other fighting games
2. Reading JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

Burgy

Minion Lover <3
NNID
BurgySama
3DS FC
2766-9016-5287
Reading, Anime, drawing and sports! I play Hockeyand Baseball at rep level and I also Snowboard quite a bit since I have the most known skii hill in Ontario like 15min away from me.

Squigglydot

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
0404-7785-8307
Besides Smash, I usually try to draw, and I play my guitar, altho I don't do either of those as much as I should.
Oh, and I go to cons whenever I can, cause im the supreme weeb.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, to be honest, I don't really even considering Smash to be a hobby for me anymore. I would have when I joined this forum, but now I only play a rare once in a while. No doubt, I enjoy speculating and talking about new entries to the series than I do playing them. Lol.

I think we all know my main hobby! =P Sadly even it has kind of fallen to the wayside lately because... Okay, lets not make this post about my life issues and depression. I play in the orchestra, but that's about it right now. =( I love to mess around with all of my instruments! Tenor saxophone, oboe... And I just got a bass clarinet, too, which I love - the low notes vibrate so much more than on the bassoon. xD

Otherwise I spend way too much time online, listen to music, and watch cartoons and anime. That's about it.

VileFC3S

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KookiDowgRX-7
Other than vidya gamez, it's usually listening to music, lurking on forums and 60% of the time it's working on my car.

Any car guys here?

Last edited:

RickyRei

Smash Rookie
NNID
RickyRei
3DS FC
2981-5693-0900
Or gaming in general?

I play a variety of instruments (although to call my musical endeavors a hobby is merely an understatement). I also enjoy fitness, and have anted to get into tennis. I'm a guitar enthusiast, and (attempt to) write screenplays. I'm also interested in music/audio production as well (so in general, studio work).

How about you?
I watch Boxing with the same intensity as watching Smash (which is a lot), I collect lots of video games, and I have been an avid movie watcher all my life~

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
Outside of Smash, i play Mortal Kombat X and Skullgirls
Outside of gaming, i enjoy playing bass, reading, writing, cosplay, and crossdressing. i try to draw, but im not very good XD

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Outside of Smash, i play Mortal Kombat X and Skullgirls
Outside of gaming, i enjoy playing bass, reading, writing, cosplay, and crossdressing. i try to draw, but im not very good XD
I can draw, but I can go through erasers at a alarming rate.

Is the bass you play acoustic or electric?

AZ_Spellbound

Smash Journeyman
I can draw, but I can go through erasers at a alarming rate.

Is the bass you play acoustic or electric?
I play mostly my acoustic bass, i fell in love with the sound that instrument can make. Maybe around the end of the year, i'll start posting some covers. i like to play LoZ and anime songs.

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Outside of Smash (the video game series I spend the most time in), I mostly play Nintendo games like Mario, Pokemon, Metroid and Splatoon, the game I'm currently hooked on. However, while I'm mostly Team Nintendo, I do own a PS3 and I love it a lot. I'm also trying out video game franchises I've never played before so I can expand my gaming interests and well, it's good to try out new stuff right?

Outside of gaming, I love watching movies (although I haven't been watching a lot of movies lately...), cartoons/anime (mostly anime), collecting Pokemon cards (even though I don't play the actual game...) and amiibos (my current addiction), reading comics/manga every once in a while, listening to music (mostly video game music), and wasting my precious time on the Internet. Watching videos of all kinds, browsing through Facebook and yes, Smashboards, and learning about stuff.

Outside of geeky stuff, I like eating. Yet I'm as skinny as a noodle string (cooking would be a nice hobby though, I should try it out...). I also think. A lot. Lately, it's kinda hard to sleep :crying:. I also talk to myself. I mean, I have friends and all, I just do it to kill time and keep things a little entertaining. Speaking of friends, I also like hanging out with my friends too. I gotta tell ya, they're a crazy bunch. I'm also learning how to play the ukulele because I have almost zero knowledge of music and I think the ukulele is a good start. In terms of sports, when its wintertime, I like to ski. Other than that, uh...I ride my bike/scooter whenever my family tells me to go outside...I could swim...do some push-ups...that's about it.

Did I also mention I like to talk and write about myself?

Albie83

Smash Apprentice
I like to read and write. I also enjoy programming if I have an idea for anything. I'm sure I do other stuff as well, but they ain't as important, lol.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Reading

Research

Complaining about politics

Praying my state doesn't screw everyone over at election time

Complaining about my financial situation

Job searching

Researching computer parts

Watching TV

Streaming PPVs

Complaining about crappy Main fight cards afterwards (Wins by decision are boring)

Complaining about Bible cherry pickers (Shut up Kim Davis supporters, she was jailed for contempt of court, not religion)

Using fakespot to find fake reviews of products I'm searching on Amazon

Complaining about being unable to find Bio Thrive Labs (most fakes)

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Reading

Research

Complaining about politics

Praying my state doesn't screw everyone over at election time

Complaining about my financial situation

Job searching

Researching computer parts

Watching TV

Streaming PPVs

Complaining about crappy Main fight cards afterwards (Wins by decision are boring)

Complaining about Bible cherry pickers (Shut up Kim Davis supporters, she was jailed for contempt of court, not religion)

Using fakespot to find fake reviews of products I'm searching on Amazon

Complaining about being unable to find Bio Thrive Labs (most fakes)
Most interesting post I've seen so far.

Fistbump on the Kim Davis comment. I was gonna jot down politics but that'd probably bore people lol.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Smash is incorporated with my expensive gaming hobby. Played BlazBlue, Marvel 3, Persona 4 Arena and Street Fighter competitively for a while.

I'm also a hobbyist artist, I have a glimmer of hope it'll get me somewhere someday, but since that's not in the immediate job market, I'm planning on graduating as a Marine Biology major. Everything in the water is fascinating, even those brain-eating amoebas.
In line with artistry, I'm getting into crafts. I have a wood puzzle thing, and I'm currently building a Master Grade Turn A Gundam.

I love Sci-fi. Star Ocean, Star Trek, Doctor Who, Phantasy Star Online 2, Gundam. Not so much Star Wars. I also love reading and studying about space and all it's lovely, destructive quirks.

As much as I fear the paranormal, I love reading creepypastas and other related things. By creepypasta, I mean the legit creepy stuff like One Man Hide and Seek, not Squidward's Suicide lmao. Maybe when I'm satisfied with my life and ready to pass on I'll play with a Ouija board.

Typical anime and manga stuff. Currently going through Hunter X Hunter via the bf's recommendation. Took an online quiz for Nen types and got Transmuter.

When it comes to films, I love love love campy films. Evil Dead, Batman & Robin, Nightmare on Elm Street, Mortal Kombat, you name it.

I don't know much about music genres, but I really love listening to retrowave/synthwave/vaporwave/some "future funk" etc. Basically that 80's style synthy sounding stuff. Especially whatever plays in the '87 Robocop and Kung Fury.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Speaking of researching parts, I really need a router and modem upgrade

Modem: Cisco 2100 (43mbs 10mbs)
Router: WNR1000 N150 (802.11n)

mario15

Smash Cadet
NNID
kylemshipley
3DS FC
3351-4555-2812
I'm an artist, so I usually draw a lot, I like watching shows like Justice League, and of course spending time with my family.

Top Bottom