• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do you guys think we’ll get a PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale sequel?

NNID
Majorasmask66
It’s possible but not likley. Maybe if the ported it to PS4 with Dart and Abe added, it could give the game a second chance which if successful may cause Sony to make a sequel. I wasn’t crazy about the first game personally but I think it has good potential. Maybe allow people to lose some ap when being hit. Zeus being a heavy character would lose less ap than someone like Kat for example.

Last edited:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
It's difficult at this point to know for sure. I'd love for us to get a sequel! I'd wait till E3 to even come close to having an answer.

If Smash Bros gets Crash I'd say it might hurt Allstars chances perhaps too much. It would be amazing if at E3 we got both Playstation Allstars 2 and Super Smash Bros Switch! (Like, hype through the roof!)

At the very least I think having Super Smash Bros Switch could demand competition and Playstation Allstars is it's only real competition. If we do get Allstars 2 and we get Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Lara Croft, and Classic Dante it could actually challenge Smash Bros. I really think that both fan bases should support either series as it can benefit gamers in general.

One final thought: If we get Playstation Allstars 2 would you support Xbox having its own game?

Edit: Forgot the newcomers:
- Crash (Crash Bandicoot)
- Spyro (Spyro the Dragon)
- Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy 7)
- Lara Croft ( Tomb Raider)
- Dante (Devil May Cry)
- Dart Feld (The Legend of Dragoon)
- Abe (Oddworld: Abe's Odyssey)
- Chimera (Resistance)
- Ellen (Folklore)
- Sevchenko (Killzone)
and many more :p

Last edited:

AlRex

Smash Lord
This might be weird to say, but I think they should abandon the Smash template and instead look to arena fighters like Power Stone, Anarchy Reigns, or J Stars VS. I say this mainly because a lot of Smash's classic characters actually have roots in 2D platforming, whereas most of Sony's most well-known/often used characters have their roots in 3D action games.

Unless they'd get into Smash, Crash and Spyro are a must, IMO. Besides that, characters I didn't really see mentioned:
-Joel & Ellie (The Last of Us)
-Aloy (Horizon Zero Dawn)
-Um Jammer Lammy
-Delsin Rowe and/or Abigail Walker (inFamous: Second Son)
-Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
-An Assassin (Assassin's Creed) [either a specific one or maybe costumes of each]
-A GTA protagonist [whichever makes the most sense at the time...I might like Trevor, CJ, or Tommy Vercetti]
-Hunter (Bloodborne)
-Tracer (Overwatch) [more of a PC game, but it had success on PS4]
-2B (Nier: Automata)
-Joker (Persona 5)
-A Final Fantasy protagonist (that isn't Cloud or Noctis...they got enough crossovers >:V)

Okay, I think that's enough lists for now

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
I disagree that PSA should change its game play style. Changing it that drastically can actually lose more fans than it could gain. It wasn't the game play style that didn't attract potential fan (quite the opposite in fact) it was the lack of the major Icons (Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake, Lara Croft & Classic Dante) and lack of content in general. You can argue the Super System might have had an effect but ultimately that wasn't its downfall.

If we were to get a sequel with more modes, characters, stages, and better online it can do very well. It would also need better marketing.

I can imagine new fan favorites like 2B, Aloy, the Hunter (or any Bloodborne character) and some secondary character could really pull in a lot new fans.

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
I disagree that PSA should change its game play style. Changing it that drastically can actually lose more fans than it could gain. It wasn't the game play style that didn't attract potential fan (quite the opposite in fact) it was the lack of the major Icons (Crash, Spyro, Cloud, Snake, Lara Croft & Classic Dante) and lack of content in general. You can argue the Super System might have had an effect but ultimately that wasn't its downfall.

If we were to get a sequel with more modes, characters, stages, and better online it can do very well. It would also need better marketing.

I can imagine new fan favorites like 2B, Aloy, the Hunter (or any Bloodborne character) and some secondary character could really pull in a lot new fans.
To be honest, I kind of agree with AlRex. 3D games have always been the primary focus of the PlayStation consoles, so a 3D style game (I say more like Power Stone) would make more sense for a PlayStation crossover. After all, people still love Power Stone to this day (some say even more than Smash Bros.) so the game won't lose any fans. As a matter fact, I not only think it could gain more fans but also help to distinguish it more from Smash Bros. and be seen as its own series. Nearly every major PlayStation title is a 3D action/platform game, so they would be a natural fit in a Power Stone-style 3D game.

Last edited:

Enchess

Smash Lord

I got really excited for PSA when it first came out. After one night of playing with friends, everyone hated the Super System so much they refused to play it with me again.

I actually liked the game, but that kills the series for me. Any sequel needs to change the game play significantly for me to consider it, because even if I like the system as is no one will play it with me.

I actually don't think lack of major icons was a problem at all either. Big Daddy, Kratos, Sackboy, Nathan Drake, Ratchet and Clank, Sly, and Raiden are all at least as well known as half or more of the Smash cast. Most people I've played Smash with only know Mario, Zelda, DK, and first gen Pokemon from Smash.

Top Bottom