• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do we like Falcon Strike?

Yangguizi

Smash Cadet
I was playing around with the Falcon Strike Custom.
For those that don't know that is the custom that goes a bit higher and has a bit box.
I tend to think that this move is a real game changer, but I was wondering about what other Falcon mains think.
I know that people aren't playing with customs anymore but I am interested in how this move would affect falcons viability.

Falcon has almost no options while being edge guarded. When you play a character like Kirby or Rosalina you just basically have to try to mix it up as best you can and hope for the best, because if they figure you out you lose.
Falcon strike has a modes hitbox on it that actually allows it to trade with things, and it can also recover from lower.
I think that this mends some of falcons worst matchups.

but I am interested in what you all think.

Please refrain from comments in the line of "talking about customs is dumb."

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
I don't think the hitbox on Falcon Strike will save you from the likes of Kirby or Rosa, because their Dair are really disjointed and just trading with them will send you in the abyss.

It can still be useful against another strategy : when people just go edgeguarding you with a non disjointed lingering move like Sheik or Link's Nair. With regular up B you'll trade the grab with the blow and it'll grab release them exactlty like what happens when you grab someone who's jabbing on the ground, except when it happens offstage it sends you downwards, killing you in the process. So having an up B that isn't an unreliable grab can be interesting in certain matchups.

It's just too bad Falcon Strike isn't strong enough to kill.

Another custom move I want to be able to use is the dashing punch because of how much it improves Falcon's offstage game.

Yangguizi

Smash Cadet
I have actually killed with faclon strike. Its easier to do with platforms but I did it on final dest in practice mode. Up air -> upair -> Falcon strike.

I like the dash punch too. However I find that there are lots of situations where it just comes out too late to help at all. you have to be recovering pretty high in order to use it at all. I still think I would trade it for the regular any day though.

Last edited:

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
it goes higher and its quite fast to, but it loses the command grab even so i think its the best recovery for Falcon

Top Bottom