• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do we have another term for ''Sex kick?''

gamecubeguy214

Smash Apprentice
According to SmashWiki, ''The term was coined by smasher Matt Deezie as a sexual innuendo referring to the properties of the attack in the original Super Smash Bros.'' They seem to be saying that the sex kick was named the way it is because Matt Deezie thought that the attack looked like sexual position. However, a lot of people are disgusted by the word ''Sex'' because they find sex gross. I think that there should be another term for this attack for those who don't like the word sex. Is there one? If not, let's just call it a neutral/back aerial.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I thought it was referring to Dr Mario's nair property where it got stronger the more it was out when I heard it, but it seems like that was the opposite. We mostly just called them Nairs, weak nairs, or weak hit. Though yeah I've seen people started calling it the NOOCH recently.

Also lol @ ppl getting disgusted by "sex" being in the term. ex deez

M!nt

Smash Champion
I call it a neutral air. Never heard anyone call it a sex kick.

nickthename

Smash Apprentice
I call it a neutral air. Never heard anyone call it a sex kick.
Well, the idea is that it's a property a move has, and not every move with that property is a nair. Fox's bair is a good example.

However, the term doesn't come up much, so it doesn't really matter.

Last edited:

necroTaxonomist

Smash Apprentice
Well, really most sex kicks are nooches, so if you just say "Jigglypuff's nooch" or "Dr. Mario's nooch" they know what your talking about.

But really I think the solution is just for people to accept that sex exists, there's a word for it, and that Dr. Mario's nooch looks like a sex position.

B Link

Smash Lord
IDK but if you get hit by two nairs over and over (e.g. in teams), let's call it bukake...?

Last edited:

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Yes also acceptable is a "**** kick", a "your mother and I on Friday night kick", and even a "Marvin Gaye Kick".

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
However, a lot of people are disgusted by the word ''Sex'' because they find sex gross. I think that there should be another term for this attack for those who don't like the word sex. Is there one? If not, let's just call it a neutral/back aerial.
People get upset....because they find sex gross. That's a new one haha! I mean even cobr accepts it, and he is only sexually attracted to plants

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
The people that use Smash competitive terminology are all for the most part fully functioning adults. If we're finding a word offensive, we might need to rethink what we find issues with. It's a word. I understand being against a concept, but it's not like it should really matter if we're all adults.

Seriously the youngest fully functioning brains owned by Smash players of like, at least 14-16 in age? That's old enough to stop finding a simple word as a problem.

Last edited:

iheartqueso

Smash Rookie
I've never heard of a sex kick but I've witnessed a donkey punch or 2 in my day....

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Most moms.
Is the term honestly that bothersome for them? Really? Why, that's so ludicrous, I can just... :rotfl:
Can't say sex on stream yet every song on the radio now has the word sex in it lol
What's more is that Sex is used to define if someone's a flat-out male or a female. I guess applications can't be filled out because most of them use Sex rather than Gender.

Top Bottom