• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do the Pro players have Tap Jump on or off?

Zoalord

Smash Rookie
So I loaded up SS4 to get used to the controls again in preparation for Ultimate. I thought this would be a good time to learn playing the "right" way (if there is such a thing).

Now I am used to jump by tapping and not using a dedicated jump button. Performing uptilts is hard this way, so I changed the C-Stick to attacks, this way I can easily perform uptilts.

I was wondering if it would be better to learn with tap jumping off? I guess no pro players play with tap jump?

Cheers!

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
Most pro players play with tap jump off, that is correct. I personally prefer to have it on (I also use it as my primary jump), but most competitive players do not. I believe there are some exceptions, however, who use default controls. I know at least Nairo does, and I think Elegant might as well.

Top Bottom