• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do The Mario 4

steep

Smash Lord
KMF what time is it there now? Just so I know.

I ask because it is only 10:30 AM on Tuesday here....

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Ahaha, my my.

I appreciate how dedicated you guys are to continuing DTM since I have no desire to do it anymore. However, I wish Matador could have IM'd me or something.. lol. Its cool go on make it! :D

Although, if this is gonna be made, I'd rather see Fire! make it. I've been impressed with his editing in the past.

Also, I want no part of this xD. Knock yourselves out!

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Yeah bo, come back more often. It's nice to see everyone wanna be apart of the dtm series.
I'll admit, fire! does have impressive editing skills.
After all, he did made my combo video for me. xD

But hey, give kmf a chance. He's pretty good with editing as also.
I'm hoping no PRESSURE is put on him making this. xD

http://allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=36887

^ This is his old crew video he made back in april.

Oh btw. flameleon told me he wanna be in this as well.
He got like TONS of replays on his yt channel kmf. I think i know which parts he want in that ****.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Lame, I forgot to save the replay where I Cape ***** Richbrown on Brinstar in friendlies. Combo vid status man.

SKidd

Smash Master
Sensical means you're smart, essentially.

Edit: My Wii just broke.

... Yeah. **** ****ing sucks.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Yeah bo, come back more often. It's nice to see everyone wanna be apart of the dtm series.
I'll admit, fire! does have impressive editing skills.
After all, he did made my combo video for me. xD

But hey, give kmf a chance. He's pretty good with editing as also.
I'm hoping no PRESSURE is put on him making this. xD
I understand that. I still rather see Fire! make it though.. lol After all he even asked to take over when I decided not to continue. You guys just kinda.. started this xD.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
KMF what time is it there now? Just so I know.

I ask because it is only 10:30 AM on Tuesday here....
I live in GMT+2. Doesn't matter now anyways, my wii is still on(line on Brawl).
Just come online with my codes added.

Thnx Coolwhip for giving me a chance here.
I can understand why you guys rather would have Fire! making this.
So my idea is, when I get more clips (only TEB sent his clips in so far, again don't rush yourselves) I'll start the video and send you all a test video.
Then you guys can decide If I should continue or Fire!.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I understand that. I still rather see Fire! make it though.. lol After all he even asked to take over when I decided not to continue. You guys just kinda.. started this xD.
Tru Tru. You did hand over the keys to Fire! when you made the decision to
discontinue working on the dtm series.

Hmm...I have an idea. How bout (me) someone make a poll making a decision
on who should make dtm. Fire! or KMF.

I had no idea fire was gonna make a post asking us do we still wanna make dtm4
still happen.

That's why i ask kmf do he wanna continue were you left off.

Ha, we should make a second trailer. It's been pretty much a year since the first
trailer came. "Do the mario 4 (First trailer)"

steep

Smash Lord
I hope you are still online KMF. I had work today so I'm just now getting home.

EDIT: I sent three vids in. I will send more in tomorrow. The vid I sent in with me against a Pokemon Trainer wasn't so much me ****** as it just had a couple good moments I thought you might use.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'm cool either way but as a warning, if I were to make DTM4 I'd have pretty high expectations of myself and the video.

My initial thoughts were about 60+ clips spanning over about 6-8 minutes not including the opening, ending and effects. That might seem like a lot, but from an editing standpoint, I'd already be stretching out clips. I was also hoping to pull almost anyone who was willing to provide a good clip so it wouldn't be limited to about 10 people. Of course I would have to pre-approve it and provide the replay, but it would really help out the hype factor and give a better variety of gameplay. There's also the notion of wanting to take full advantage of Brawl hacks for the sake of stage/color consistency and effects so I was thinking of asking people knowledgeable in that area to help me out. That also means no pre-recorded clips so I could have complete quality thoughout the video. Sorry if I'm rambling. I've been thinking about it a lot. Now that I've given it some thought, making this just a summer project seems like a lot to do.

But yeah, I don't think having 2 people work on it would be a good idea. I'd rather have KMF do his thing with DTM4 than try to have two editors create it. I'm still down for making it, but if I did then I think I would be asking a lot and it would become more of a collaborative project.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Coolwhip, making a 2nd trailer isn't useful, becase we then have to wait for the full video.

Fire, i'm down if everyone here wants you to make the video, maybe we do need a poll.
If you're going to make it however, ALL my clips are pre-recorded.

Furthermore, I updated the openingpost. You'll see the contributors, one of them is Rko.
You might not know him, but he has a really good Mario, so trust me (and him ) on this one.

TEB, 2 people making a video would cause too much trouble, because you'll need the same projects, clips in the right directory and stuff.

Coolwhip, you said something about Flameleon's clips.
You might wanna send me a PM about that.

EDIT: I finally know how to make fonts, and now that that's out of the way, I think I'm ready to make this video happen.
Unless most of you want Fire! to make this.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Well, sounds like everyone wanna have fire to make dtm4 then.

I'm really down for whoever to make this thing happen, doesn't matter to me.
Sorry that i put you thorough all of this, kmf.
Your mario is good enough to be in dtm4 imo.

All i can say is, This do the mario will be the best one to date,watch!

The opening of the video should be like "You Can't Do The Mario, because In Soviet Russia...The Mario Does You."

or, "Waring, the footage your about to see is marios ******, viewer discretion is advised" <---LOL xD

- Theelitebrawler -

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theelitebrawler
Well, sounds like everyone wanna have fire to make dtm4 then.

I'm really down for whoever to make this thing happen, doesn't matter to me.
Sorry that i put you thorough all of this, kmf.
Your mario is good enough to be in dtm4 imo.

All i can say is, This do the mario will be the best one to date,watch!

The opening of the video should be like "You Can't Do The Mario, because In Soviet Russia...The Mario Does You."

or, "Waring, the footage your about to see is marios ******, viewer discretion is advised" <---LOL xD

LOL I really like the You Can't Do The Mario, because In Soviet Russia...The Mario Does You.

And yeah thats what I figured that it would cause trouble. Imo I honestly don't care who
makes it, as long as its epic and we can show Mario ***** then im fine ;)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
What bo said.

Bo, you need to be in part 4 dude. your the father of the dtm series. Two marios from IL?!
How sweet it is. You do live close by my grandma's house, don't you?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
So is that my official green light?

steep

Smash Lord
So what about the clips we sent in to KMFBrawler? Will he be sending them on over to Fire! then?

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Thanks, KMF, for being a good sport about this. I certainly appreciate your sparking this project back to life...

:phone:

steep

Smash Lord
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I just had the best game ever!!!!! I took a Marth player to Brinstar and cape ***** him at 91 after the hit for the kill off the acid first stock..... and then i proceeded to thoroughly outplay him and i was gonna save it but it was a 3 MINUTE 1 SECOND MATCH!!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
What bo said.

Bo, you need to be in part 4 dude. your the father of the dtm series. Two marios from IL?!
How sweet it is. You do live close by my grandma's house, don't you?
I got few replays but meh, I kinda don't like this game anymore, lol. I'll think about it though. (I don't know where your grandma lives xD But I'm probably pretty close lol.)

Also, I also appreciate the rebirth of DTM. I always wanted to see a fourth but I just didn't have it in me to continue xD. So again, thanks ya'll!

steep

Smash Lord
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH I just had the best game ever!!!!! I took a Marth player to Brinstar and cape ***** him at 91 after the hit for the kill off the acid first stock..... and then i proceeded to thoroughly outplay him and i was gonna save it but it was a 3 MINUTE 1 SECOND MATCH!!!!!

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
ignored.... lol

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Get the infinite replay hack :p
In all of my games, I couldn't save a single replay anyways.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
My grandmother live in ford heights, IL

I think you're in chicago heights, if i'm right. Which isn't far each other.
She right on "Park ave" sunny hill.

@kmf: Thanks for being a great sport about all of this.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
There was a cape glide --> reverse fireball --> double jump f-air spike I almost had landed recently. But...I didn't. :( It would be neat to see that in DTM4.

Top Bottom