• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do Spirits Deconfirm? Update: Min Min = Spirits Don't Deconfirm Anymore

Can Spirits still be DLC fighters?

• Total voters

Powerman293

Smash Ace
With Spring Man, they can get away will reskinning his AT as SpringTron if they don't want to throw out all the work. Issac could use a different design so they could have Issac being the kind version. But Waluigi? I'm not exactly sure how they could reskin his trophy if the developers are adamant to not throwing out ATs and not turning them off when the character is in a match.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Hold on just a cotton-pickin' minute. Didn't they announce a second Party Crash Bash event coming up?
Because if so, then the whole PCB argument is debunked.

Also, not even the Fighter colour gives anything away.
1585769336919.png

Admittedly, could be Mechanica for the yellow background, but more likely to just represent ARMS' signature colour.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hold on just a cotton-pickin' minute. Didn't they announce a second Party Crash Bash event coming up?
Because if so, then the whole PCB argument is debunked.

Also, not even the Fighter colour gives anything away.
View attachment 268014
Admittedly, could be Mechanica for the yellow background, but more likely to just represent ARMS' signature colour.
It only says Party Crash, not Party Crash Bash. I missed out on those but I imagine Bashes were different from regular Party Crashes

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Hard to believe we have two more months of this. Only so much can be said when you've only got 17 characters to choose from (counting Hedlok and Biff).
Updating my predictions to either Dr. Coyle, Max Brass or Helix.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Hard to believe we have two more months of this. Only so much can be said when you've only got 17 characters to choose from (counting Hedlok and Biff).
Updating my predictions to either Dr. Coyle, Max Brass or Helix.
Make that 18+ with "ARMS 2 character".

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I disagree with this entire thread- the verbiage implies a causation when there was never and can never be one proven.

Spirits never deconfirmed characters. This was never stated, and the wording here spreads misinformation.

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Well, today's the day of the ARMS rep. And I think 1 thing's 99.9% certain, regardless of who it is:

This argument ends today.

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I'm glad the "rule" is dead, but I'm still not sure why everyone was so gung ho about it in the first place. Did people just forget that Mewtwo and Lucas had trophies in the base game of Smash 4?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
"They don't count!"
You joke but they unironically believed that since Spirits were to them more akin to Brawl’s Stickers than trophies

despite Sakurai LITERALLY saying Spirits were a less taxing equivalent of Trophies

Hollywoodrok12

Smash Lord
Umm excuse me this was a general purpose thread. I only updated the title because of Min Min's inclusion. May I kindly ask (despite my actual feelings about Min Min) for this thread to be moved back to Newcomer Speculation?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Lol. Yeah I was wondering why this thread got moved to the min min section.

Good news tho, if people can stop thinking that spirits deconfirm

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
People in the RTC thread were claiming that all Gen 8 Pokémon have a 0% chance because of spirit events. After Min Min, I call bull****. Besides, the Pokémon used for that event were pre evolved starters, box legendaries, Corviknight and Morpeko.

Toxtricity's chances feel higher than ever.

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
I never Believed that rule to begin with
I'm Glad I don't have to deal with people saying "Spirits deconfirm characters"

Did they even remember Smash 4 with Mewtwo and Lucas???

Dr.DonPatch64

Smash Journeyman
People in the RTC thread were claiming that all Gen 8 Pokémon have a 0% chance because of spirit events. After Min Min, I call bull****. Besides, the Pokémon used for that event were pre evolved starters, box legendaries, Corviknight and Morpeko.

Toxtricity's chances feel higher than ever.
Fine with me, We are getting a pokemon presents video in 2 days, maybe, but might not happen

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
My problem with the spirit deconfirm theory is, if Nintendo acknowledge it, it would exclude tons of unused franchises that deserve a slot, and that's a pretty bad thing. I think NIntendo might be aware of that and was forced to break the rule anyway.

But I still need to note that Min Min is hyping because she represents an unused first party franchise, if the following choices of DLCs do not meet the standard Min Min set, people wouldn't be really happy about the victory in the end.

Anyway still, since spirit was defined to be "failed characters" by NIntendo themselves, I'd want them to make official announcement about how the spirit theory works, not like they should just ignroe it and let fans fight.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
My problem with the spirit deconfirm theory is, if Nintendo acknowledge it, it would exclude tons of unused franchises that deserve a slot, and that's a pretty bad thing. I think NIntendo might be aware of that and was forced to break the rule anyway.

But I still need to note that Min Min is hyping because she represents an unused first party franchise, if the following choices of DLCs do not meet the standard Min Min set, people wouldn't be really happy about the victory in the end.

Anyway still, since spirit was defined to be "failed characters" by NIntendo themselves, I'd want them to make official announcement about how the spirit theory works, not like they should just ignroe it and let fans fight.
well thats based on the assumption that nintendo has a spirits theory, they seem to have an attitude to it much the same as they have with canon, it doesnt really matter we make games not tell stories

Top Bottom