• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do people know this already, I never see it used

Borlax

Smash Rookie
I don't think it's very important, but just curious if other people know you can ledge grab during leaf shield (cancels the shield). Not amazing but could save people's lives or mindgame and is done by holding jump while approaching the ledge (best if holding toward ledge). Instant edge Trump with half circle back +jump near ledge.

Additionally do people know you can cancel upward momentum with leaf shield so..you can rush coil>bounce>leaf shield >bounce then edgeguard. You can also get 4 bounces of rush using airdodge down, or work in combination for edge pressure with rush coil>bounce>Dodge down land or multiple bounces or cancel with leaf shield.

First time playing MegaMan, saw a post saying you can't do it anymore (ledge grab) but I've been doing it. Figured I'd post

DCavalier

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cavalierredeyes
Switch FC
SW 5638 2481 3507
I don't think it's very important, but just curious if other people know you can ledge grab during leaf shield (cancels the shield). Not amazing but could save people's lives or mindgame and is done by holding jump while approaching the ledge (best if holding toward ledge). Instant edge Trump with half circle back +jump near ledge.

Additionally do people know you can cancel upward momentum with leaf shield so..you can rush coil>bounce>leaf shield >bounce then edgeguard. You can also get 4 bounces of rush using airdodge down, or work in combination for edge pressure with rush coil>bounce>Dodge down land or multiple bounces or cancel with leaf shield.

First time playing MegaMan, saw a post saying you can't do it anymore (ledge grab) but I've been doing it. Figured I'd post
Might have to try that my self.

If rush multibounce works off stage it would be a killer option for edgeguarding or a great mixup for recoveries.
I doubt it works since Rush falls down when used off stage, but I actually never really tried that .

Good info on Leaf Shield tho, it never crossed my mind because I never used it off stage because is so dangerous.

Another tip that might be a little useless, when MB is stuck on the stage it actually pushes characters away from it.
I suppose it is because two models can't be at the same place and probably happens with other items like turnips or general items, probably has always been a thing and I just never paid attention to it.

Borlax

Smash Rookie
DCavalier

So my thoughts with the leaf shield edgegrab are that you can approach an enemy currently grabbing ledge, then activate leaf shield and instant ledge hog to cancel leaf shield then bair. Because most people don't know about it I imagine they will try to abuse invincibility and not properly hold toward stage or airdash for a free kill.

My current rush coil edgeguard so far have mostly been to catch and drop metal blades or activate leaf shield on an edgeguard and go out further on second bounce. Usually I'll drift offstage and dairy, drift back on then leaf shield cancel to fall offstage and double jump then up b. I don't get to play a lot of people but waiting for the second bounce to happen when the opponent rolls on stage then airdodge to stage to back throw.

I'm also curious now if a metal blade and a spring would force a ledge opponent to roll or jump

So far you can't rush coil while airborne because the spring falls, but..it opens up but the fact MegaMan can let others jump off his up (unlike Sonic's) means he can be more helpful in teams.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

QuantumEntanglement

Smash Rookie
I was hoping someone else would figure this out, happened a couple times to me but didn't see anyone talking about it. I find it hard to be consistent with getting the cancel, but it's kinda good for messing with teleport/quick attack style recoveries, and I think it can set up a ledge-drop bair if it connects.

Also: did you know you can walljump with Leaf Shield active? I find it a bit safer than the ledge cancel (doesn't force you to recover low if you miss), and you can fire it in either direction after the jump :)

Top Bottom