• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do People Hate GnW?

Do you hate Mr. Game and Watch?

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 70.8%

• Total voters

Lendina

Smash Rookie
Hi,
I'm a new PM player and I just recently picked up GnW. I was playing Marth until my friends got really annoyed by my him. I like playing smash for fun and I don't wanna play any "lame" characters. I know Nintendude plays GnW and he plays Ice Climbers in Melee who are considered to be the least favorite character in Melee. So I was wondering if Game and Watch was a stupid character.
Thank you.

Thor

Smash Champion
First of all, what other people think of your character really should be irrelevant, unless you can only play with your friends and they'll quit if you play lame characters [at which point your friends either don't like smash that much, are very casual, or aren't very good friends].

Second, the two most hated characters that I know of are Snake and Squirtle [from being in a hitbox chat]. I *think* GnW is behind them, alongside some others [Wario, Toon Link, Diddy Kong, and ROB would be my guesses]. And then there are characters even further down.

GnW is definitely beatable [multiple losing MUs], but a lot of people dislike him because his punish game is very strong on many members of the cast, his smashes and nair are very powerful so he rarely has issues KOing [alongside an RNG near-OHKO], and his upB has a fairly large ledgesnap, never mind that he can save his jump for after up+B if he wants.

Also opinions differ widely - I mostly feel bad for ICs because they're barely viable [if at all] and people want to ban something that gives them that chance [and they might still be maybe sorta viable without wobbling, but like, Peach...]. But people generally hear other people call things "lame" and pick that up and insult people instead of reasoning stuff out or developing their own opinions, which is probably where you got that perception.

Infinite

Smash Rookie
Marth and Roy do well against GnW. I also feel zss does well against him. Speed and good movement will come in handy as well as characters who have an easy time out spacing the opponent.

Omega Mad Dawg

Smash Rookie
Guranteed Comboes. A potential 9 hammer combo if performed right, moves have big and powerful hitboxes, with some that don't run out of power (Upsmash, Nair), A move out of shield, and much much more things that make him the best.

Top Bottom