• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do i absolutely, absolutely, wholeheartedly need a gamecube controller for smash ultimate??

64bitmodels

Smash Rookie
Title says it all. as a guy who owns a switch lite unfortunately i don't know any good ways of playing smash with a gamecube controller without having to lay it down on a stack of books/sacrifice portability. is there anything like a clip i can use to hook up the GCN controller with the console or am i just boned??

Henzrey Nugget

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7023-5100-175
you dont really need a gamecube controller unless the tournaments you go to dont allow wireless controllers

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
nah, play with whatever makes you feel comfortable. i have a wireless GCN solely because i've been playing it since melee and it's what i'm used to.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Sticking with what you're comfortable with allows you to further improve your skills. Switching to a GameCube controller feels like having to learn how to play all over again.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I use joycons and have beat my friends time and time again. I have heard joycons are hard to use for people who have normal-sized hands, though. Might wanna see what else you can get if you aren't petit like me, but otherwise, joycons work just fine

Top Bottom