• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Do any taunts annoy you? Which ones?

Donnydaysss

Smash Rookie
Are there any taunts that just seem to get to you more than others? For me it would be :4zelda:'s wave taunt. It gets me every time

Also somewhat unrelated, but I like to spam :4corrinf:'s up tilt as a taunt. It's just the spin she does looks like something that would get on someones nerves after a while lol

Logback43

Smash Rookie
Peach's side taunt is the most infuiating thing in this game to me.

Crosstails20

Smash Journeyman
Villager when he plays with his stick.
Ness's ??? do i even have to say the taunt.
and When Wario shakes his butt.

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
I don't really get annoyed by taunts, but it's usually me annoying my opponents. I taunt between stocks pretty often because there isn't much else to do, and maybe I can tilt my opponent a little. But the people I play get way more mad than I expect them to LOL. I've even had people rage quit on me during Anthers ladder because of it. I get that Peach's taunts can be annoying (especially the side one) but rage quitting over a taunt? Really?

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
Not a single taunt annoys me. Not even :4duckhunt: snickering, but I do get a laugh out of that. If I wanted to use an irritating taunt against online opponents it'd be :4palutena: spinning around her magical lollipop.

That said, :4peach:'s side taunt is not so much annoying as it is too cute to look at, but that's just me.

FlyingWarrior

Smash Rookie
:4corrinf: annoys the sh*t out of me as a character, so any taunt from her infuriates me.

:4palutena:'s side taunt is really annoying too, especially when spammed. You hear her laughing tauntingly at you over and over again which tilts me a huge amount. She also spins around her staff while laughing to annoy you even more I guess?

Wonderfly~

Smash Cadet
:4corrinf: annoys the sh*t out of me as a character, so any taunt from her infuriates me.

:4palutena:'s side taunt is really annoying too, especially when spammed. You hear her laughing tauntingly at you over and over again which tilts me a huge amount. She also spins around her staff while laughing to annoy you even more I guess?
I can definitely see why Palu's side taunt is annoying to people.

Last edited:

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex

I agree with these taunts because I really hate :4palutena: and :4corrinf: and other taunts that annoy me are :4lucina: :4cloud::4lucas::4ness: :4darkpit: :4wario: :rosalina:

WindCutter1

Smash Rookie
Lucina pisses me off when she does her down taunt pose. Her other two also annoy me because they feel like she's taunting you in a cocky manner

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
I wonder if people would've gotten so upset if they were called Emotes instead? Most "taunts" aren't very rude at all. Lucina yelling "Let's do this", Jigglypuff saying "Jigglypuff", Ness saying "Okay" and nodding, none of those things are very "taunty". Some are pretty amusing, such as Luigi's taunts. A few taunts could be seen as rude, I suppose, such as Wario's taunt.

Still, unfortunately some people do get annoyed by emotes in this game, for some reason. Those that do, would you kindly explain why you find emotes annyoing in general? Most of them are just cute/cool/amusing and not really rude.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I wonder if people would've gotten so upset if they were called Emotes instead? Most "taunts" aren't very rude at all. Lucina yelling "Let's do this", Jigglypuff saying "Jigglypuff", Ness saying "Okay" and nodding, none of those things are very "taunty". Some are pretty amusing, such as Luigi's taunts. A few taunts could be seen as rude, I suppose, such as Wario's taunt.

Still, unfortunately some people do get annoyed by emotes in this game, for some reason. Those that do, would you kindly explain why you find emotes annyoing in general? Most of them are just cute/cool/amusing and not really rude.
Quick note; Lucina can say "Come at me!" or "I cannot lose..."

Female Corrin is the one that says "Let's do this!" in up taunt. Male Corrin's variation for the same taunt is "My path is clear".

I had to check double check the rest of Corrin's taunt voice clips, as I installed a mod that replaced a lot of his voices with their Fire Emblem Fates voices (including some of those awful pain screams). I can't remember what female Corrin says in these instances (I don't use her; if I use Corrin, I use male), but male Corrin says "I won't surrender!" for up taunt, and "I won't allow it!" for side taunt.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I have little issue with peach's side taunt itself, just the voice that goes with it; of course I much prefer Peach's Melee voice - I might have to figure out how to mod.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Quick note; Lucina can say "Come at me!" or "I cannot lose..."
Even those are not that bad, in my opinion. Her tone isn't braggy or anything.

Female Corrin is the one that says "Let's do this!" in up taunt. Male Corrin's variation for the same taunt is "My path is clear".
Neither seems very offensive or rude to me. It's not like they're saying "You suck!" or "You fight like a cow" or "I could beat you with one hand tied behind my back". If they did, then yes, I might find taunts a bit annoying. Kirby dancing? Not annoying.

To those who find taunting/emoting annoying: Why? Do you also find it annoying in other games, such as Overwatch and Team Fortress 2?

SuperSmasherFan

Smash Cadet
Marios up taunt- I don't know why, but him growing big makes me unreasonably mad.
Anything Palutena.
Anything Cloud.
Peachs side taunt.
Anything Bowser
When scrubs unreasonably use the 'Show me your moves' taunt. I'm ok with this taunt if I get like, sacred comboed or something, but if I get killed because of myself accidentally self destructing I get mad.

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
I'm a veryemotional player so yes, taunts get on my nerves when they shouldn't. However, I don't think there's a taunt I particularly despise over others (aside from everything :4yoshi: does because I f****** hate playing against him) but I loathe when people taunt when I SD.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
None of them really do, I tend to assume they're committed in good fun and aren't necessarily malicious actions.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
The only thing that really annoys me about Lucina in general is how out of character she is, honestly. To me, that includes her taunts. Somebody told me that one way to look at her "I cannot lose" taunt in a manner that makes it seem less jarring is if she means that she cannot afford to lose, and that's a good way of seeing it, I guess. It's actually something she says once in Awakening.

Mrcowman4

Smash Rookie
Palutena's side taunt is so, sooooo annoying to me. The laugh she does is way too condescending and makes me wanna punch her.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
:4pit:: "Is that all you got?!" Shut up Pit, you're the definition of mediocrity >_>
Also :4dedede: because I just can't defeat this guy. Also :4corrinf: if all they do during or before they taunt is spam dragon shot. They're one of the reasons why I considered Pit before.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Anything Bayonnetta.
I hate her with fury of a thousand suns, so I pity the controller I'm using if she two-stocks me and taunts as I recede into the background...

SolarGoose

Smash Rookie
I'll admit, Palutena definitely winds me up when she does that annoying ass side taunt. She's just there spinning round her pole, laughing at you in the most taunting way possible. It's especially annoying when she hasn't even killed you yet. That just means shes trying to taunt you into playing more aggressively.

FlyingWarrior

Smash Rookie
I'll admit, Palutena definitely winds me up when she does that annoying *** side taunt. She's just there spinning round her pole, laughing at you in the most taunting way possible. It's especially annoying when she hasn't even killed you yet. That just means shes trying to taunt you into playing more aggressively.
The annoying part of that taunt is the laugh she does. Her spinning isn't really annoying.

Anything Bayonnetta.
I hate her with fury of a thousand suns, so I pity the controller I'm using if she two-stocks me and taunts as I recede into the background...
Everything Bayo does feels like a taunt lol.

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn

You've been watching Extra Credits on YouTube lol

A Scrub

BonghornLeghorn
NNID
BonghornLeghorn
Perhaps, although I doubt I've watched the episode you're refering to. Is there an episode about taunting/emoting, and, if so, what is it called?
My bad it was Core-A Gaming.

My double bad. The one I was thinking of was My Smash Corner.

Last edited by a moderator:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My bad it was Core-A Gaming.

My double bad. The one I was thinking of was My Smash Corner.

Please be careful of double posting, use the edit button next time in the future.

That said emotes can be fine and I liked to use them to be funny or if something cool happened. For an annoying taunt, eh nothing in smash 4 really hits me as annoying.

MewtwoUprising

Smash Cadet
NNID
Necro84
I Kirby's taunt the hi taunt it just gets annoying when they spam it like a lot of the taunts are cute or fun like falcon's taunt is not disrespectful to me I feel like he's inviting me to go all out or lucina's come at me just sort of feels like she's telling me to keep pressing

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Are there any taunts that just seem to get to you more than others? For me it would be :4zelda:'s wave taunt. It gets me every time
That one is fun to do, especially if you just walk around like a blithering idiot and try using f-air or d-air. It's not even the taunt that's annoying with Zelda, though. There is a winning pose that she does and her face looks like Kristen Stewart. Her face looks all smug and ****.

Not a taunt, but :4dedede:'s crouch gets on my nerves sometimes
You're correct. King Dedede's very presence is nothing but douchebaggery, and I haven't a clue as to why. Maybe it's that big mouth of his.

Sonic in general because that character is cancer in its purest form.
So Sonic is what cancer looks like if it had legs?

Anything Bayonnetta.
Bayonetta's just a basic *****.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I've never gotten mad about taunts. If someone kills me and taunts chances are I'll taunt as soon as I re-spawn. I'll admit taunting does effect the way I play a bit since I sometimes use it to bait someone or if i try to punish someone for taunting.

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
All of :4corrinf:'s. I don't have a problem with the taunts in general, it's her shouting that gets on my nerves.
:4palutena:'s side taunt. Just...why? There are kids that play this game.
:4peach:'s side taunt. "La la la la la la" Shut the **** up, *****!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm only annoyed that Kirby's taunt is no longer high-pitched. But no taunts really annoy me at all in Smash 4 otherwise.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
:4bayonetta:'s any of them. Not because they're worse than any other taunt on the face of them, but because she gets to cancel out of them. Like I get why, her taunts take forever otherwise, but no one character should have all that power.

Top Bottom