• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DNA Gaming USA #8, 8/21/10 - Results

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Brawl Singles:

1: ADHD

2: Fats

3: Koolaid

4: Fatal

5: Zucco

5: Orion

7: Vinnie

7: Bizkit

9: Inui

9: Doom

9: Etecoon

9: TeeVee

13: Bloodcross
13: Xzax
13: Bass
13: Ling Ling
17: Riot
17: Peachkid
17: Vermanubis
17: Wave
17: Allied
17: Pelca
17: Duke
17: Cawesome
25: Adept
25: Venom
25: Kiwi
25: Soma
25: Double Rainbow All The Way (Prawn)
25: Almo
25: Tempest
25: D-rock
33: Chii
33: Hobo
33: poopie
33: Artemis
33: Shurley
33: Serriph
33: Peace
33: X-pect
33: Zao
33: Tape
33: President78

Bracket Image:

Brawl Doubles:

1: Fatal + Koolaid
2: Inui + Atomsk
3: Xzax + Bloodcross
4: Wave + Ling Ling
5: Hobo + Shurley
5: TeeVee + Bizkit)
7: Riot + Peachkid
7: Cawesome + Adept
9: Ace + Soma
9: ADHD + Doom (DQed)
9: Zucco + Vinnie (DQed)
9: Tempest + Bill
13: Almo + Kirch
13: Pelca + Allied (DQed)
13: Chii + Meek

Bracket Image:

Brawl Low Tier Doubles:

1: TeeVee + Riot (Split)
2: Kewlaid + Vinnie (Split)
3: Atomsk + Inui
4: Pelca + Allied
5: Ling Ling + Tempest
5: Zucco + Doom
7: Nacho + Wave
7: Green Ace + ADHD
9: Fatal + Star
9: Bizkit + Kiwi
9: Verm + Xzax
9: Ace + Peachkid
13: Soma + X-pect
13: Tanas + Crs

Bracket Image:

Crazy tourney, was really fun though. A few problems, but I guess it's hard to avoid problems at tourneys with these turnouts. The 3 DQed teams from doubles is because I put them in the bracket but they didn't show up in time so they got DQed completely. I can't do this anymore though, because it messes up the bracket, but I felt bad that some of NJ came all the way up here just to not make it in time for doubles. The other issue was the rule set, specifically the ledge grab limit being 40. Even though I re-wrote NE's rule set, that rule did NOT change at all. I even PMed all the attendees about 5 days before the tourney about the rule set, it is the players responsibility to know the rules, otherwise ask the TO. Next time if the issue comes up, call over the TO (in DNA'a case, me) instead of wait until after the set...because by then it's too late. Singles bracket was ****ing impossible to seed, sorry for anyone who played each other the last time, I definitely cannot remember all of the matches people play. NJ couldn't seem to figure out how they wanted their entire region seeded in the bracket and kept changing it before I finally just said to stop.

Oh, and the whole Ness shouldn't be allowed in low tier doubles argument that I didn't hear about until NJ said something, sorry but it was too late after telling everyone days before hand Ness was allowed. I won't allow Ness in doubles next time, though, seeing how broken he can be in low tier doubles.

Other than that, tourney ran pretty well. There is no next DNA Planned yet, but the owner said they may be able to keep that venue to host another tourney in September, so be on the look out for another DNA in the future. This DNA was by far the most stacked DNA tourney in a long time lmao.

Char usages may be a tad off, correct me on some if any are wrong. May add more placement chars later, too tired now.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Fats = Atomsk ? don't let the white man rep you son!

also, yay @ my fav team getting second but.... boo @ my fav team getting second lolol

warrenb

Smash Apprentice
Rick Ross said:
Fats = Fats

ONE NATION,

UNDER STAF.
yo im mad good at this game. u nigz is trash
<3 all of ny/nj cept allied that ****** is trash and gets carried by pelca.
and special <3 to doom & adhd for the ihop lmao

"yo momz is so white she got good credit.
and had enough to put you in real daycare
no mo nights at cousin lateefuhz"

ADHD

Smash Hero
Bloodcross, I don't know why you get mad, lol. you'd be easily consistently amazing if you kept your cool.

btw, YA'LL NIGGUHZ IS FREE!!!

Allied

Smash Master
1. Etecoon is the luckiest player in the world, me and bass agreed on it LOL we both should of won 3rd game against that ******

I c4'd myself and died LMFAO

and bass died at 0% and stoned off the edge after booty ****** him

LOL good shiz though etecoon u won though xD!

2. Fats is free he got lucky that ugly azz ******

3.Orion + ADHD are drunk at my house

4. New England is free in dubs come see me

5. I <3 NE i'm going Bass from now on

Ling Ling - "I don't give a **** just order me something"

LOL btw LingLing is free in low tier dubs LMFAOOO <3

etecoon

Smash Hero
1. Etecoon is the luckiest player in the world, me and bass agreed on it LOL we both should of won 3rd game against that ******
bass didn't get me to game 3 and game 2 was closer than game 1 was even before the SD, game with you could have gone either way so I don't really see either of those wins as luck

I was lucky vs prawn for sure though, I played really badly against him and still won somehow. guess the same could be said for him, I made a ton of mistakes but he dropped some chain grabs and stuff

I consider it karma anyway, I've lost for such stupid **** before, sometimes luck works for you and sometimes against you that's all. if it makes you feel any better I've lost for that exact same reason before lol

5: Zucco - ggs! good to play you on a normal tv this time, great lucario
7: Bizkit - fun games, I used marth once to win vs peace but dunno if you'd want to count one game like that
9: Etecoon - stop making so many nervous mistakes noob
13: Bloodcross - what ADHD said, you're really good but the anger probably hurts your game a lot
13: Bass - ggs, even now : p
25: Double Rainbow All The Way (Prawn) - don't listen to cheese rofl, SV would probably be the third stage I'd take YOU to after brinstar and RC
33: Peace - ggs, my marth is rusty I shoulda busted out my newbie diddy

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Inui and Atomsk lost doubles eh? Don't worry guys, you still can do this. Also remember you weren't at home.

Good work Vinnie taking out BC, he be mad

Inui, looks like you might've been a bit off or Orion and Vinnie improved a bit faster than you this week. You all are very close in skill level IMO so don't sweat those losses, they were probably close. No more bragging about beating Orion!

Exciting results, glad to see everyone come together and mix it up.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Fun tourney. The characters that advanced me were :gw: and :popo:. I had to use ICs against Bloodcross game 3 because he booty-***** me game 1 T_T I fuggin hate gw vs falco. He's too good lol.

Shoutouts to the Halberd Claw.

Also Bizkit, put

1. Riot + Teevee (:zelda: + :ness2:)
1. Kool-aid + Vinnie (:mario2: + :ness2:)
3. Inui + Atomsk (:ike: + lots of characters)

since the top 2 split.

GGs to everyone, shoutouts to Doom for housing me, Allied, and ADHD, and driving us + Orion. Shoutouts to Inui for driving to my house for like 5 hours and not falling asleep! GJ ADHD, Atomsk, and Kool-aid for making top 3. Kool-aid, let's team again for low tiers sometime.

Bloodcross, I don't know why you get mad, lol. you'd be easily consistently amazing if you kept your cool.
He's a really great player and I think he got a lot better with that.
btw, YA'LL NIGGUHZ IS FREE!!!
Hey your trunk is open! Btw you're free.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I used ICs vs Soma and Allied. I used MK/ICs against Doom. I used Wario/MK vs Orion. I used Falco vs ADHD losing 3-1 in winnersfinals. I beat koolaid 3-0 with DDD. Then I 3-1'd Wyatt with Falco then got 3-1'd in the 2nd set D:.

GGs everyone Shoutouts to Fats

Dphat Gnes Razer Praxis Dphat Dphat Dphat Dphat Praxis Ksizzle Texas "Floor Monster Xzax" Dphat Razer

Allied

Smash Master
bass didn't get me to game 3 and game 2 was closer than game 1 was even before the SD, game with you could have gone either way so I don't really see either of those wins as luck
that kirby has to be the funniest rage ive ever seen before

also, this is orion

@Vinnie please team with free-laid again as well in low tiers ^.~ ima body yall next time.

Prawn

Smash Master
yeah etecoon ill never take a mk to sv again :[

i honestly believe it cost me the set and i woulda beat you on YI(i had a chance to beat you on sv anyway lolololol)

ggs to everyone though. this is it for me a while(not a troll this time)

im gonna go into wifi mode and try to develop a brand new character for my tournament in a few months

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
Had a pretty horrible day lol, didn't care after I lost to doom for the most part. But low tier doubles wa mad fun =D

Almo

Smash Ace
yeah etecoon ill never take a mk to sv again :[

i honestly believe it cost me the set and i woulda beat you on YI(i had a chance to beat you on sv anyway lolololol)

ggs to everyone though. this is it for me a while(not a troll this time)

im gonna go into wifi mode and try to develop a brand new character for my tournament in a few months

IS IT IKE OR LUCAS???

lol

shoutouts later. played bad, had fun.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
teaming with riot in low tiers was the most fun i've ever had in teams. riot if theres ever a time you arnt teaming with peachkid (which is probably never lolol) i wanna try to team with you for regular doubles.

ill do shoutouts later

Kool Aid

Smash Journeyman
1: ADHD-thanks for the advice. i couldn't touch u game 3 :/
2: Fats-hate you
3: Koolaid-motivation is the key to winning
4: Fatal-ihop was too good :D cheeseburger is the best
5: Zucco- good games in both singles/low tiers. it was fun playing a lucario
5: Orion-"how is the ice tea"
7: Vinnie- glad we teamed haha.. my mario was rusty the first few games but i got him back :D good stuff getting first beast teamate
7: Bizkit-we finally get to play again.. stop sding you came close this time :( keep improving
9: Inui-i think ike>ness :(
9: Doom- how did best black pit main on the EC get 9th :( use pit mmore
9: Etecoon-good stuff getting 9th haha
9: TeeVee-i told you he was sandbagging. you need to learn the snake matchup :/
13: Bloodcross- where did you gooo
13: Xzax- fun games.. glad you came up
13: Bass-BEAST FIRST STOCK.
13: Ling Ling-fatal getting bracket ***** caused you to get 13th :(
17: Riot-i think mario and zelda will be unbeatable :D
17: Vermanubis-we should mm :D
17: Wave-thx for the advice in low tiers , it rly helped.
17: Allied- i wish i heard the trashtalk.. it would of been more fun RAPEING U GUYS.
17: Pelca- such a New england pro. REPRESENT
17: Cawesome- tell your dad to enter singles..
25: Venom-BEAST
25: Kiwi-BULLY, i went all pit but i didn't win >:O
25: Soma-who did u use ?
25: Double Rainbow All The Way (Prawn)- can't wait to ice climber ditto u
25: Almo-sorry we didn't mm.
25: Tempest-nice job beasting in low tiers :D . u should of beat teevee and riot so we could play :D
33: poopie- RANDOM GIVES ME PIT, NEVER MM WHEN I'M RANDOM LOL
33: Artemis- get in the kitchen..
33: Shurley- i thought u guys left star LOL
33: Zao-underdog

atomsk: really good friend thanks for everything. i still want to do pit vs d3 next time we play even tho you **** me :D
Starlight: thanks for watching my matches :D sorry for everything else though..
Maine: I told drunk daz that fats got second :/

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
alright so my last post was due to tired/sick johns lol

ggs peeps. left early due to sick johns... not saying sick = why i lost btw. IM DA ONE WHO GOT BOOTY ***** ;)

ZUCCO SO CUTE (and ur shirt too i guess)

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I had a lot of fun. Would've had a lot more though, but I was dead tired all day. It was DNA6 all over again for me, where I was so tired I could barely enjoy the event.

http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=82537 - Sums up my feelings on the tourney.

One thing I want to point out, though. I tried to ignore it for a while, but it's starting to bother me a little bit. Bizkit, it seems like you can't get by the fact that I use Ganon. It's as if my skill as a player is irrelevant as long as I use Ganon. The fact that I got Fatal second match in my original seed was indicative of this. Though I am extremely confident against Snake, so much so I feel I COULD take on Fatal, the principle stands

Now, I could be mistaken. I'm fully aware of that. But my seeds have been very unkind to me since the beginning. I was one of the only high-level players in the entire bracket that didn't get a first round bye to boot. My seed was amended, but not for much better.

I think I've proven, amply, that I deserve to be treated as one of the better players. That when I'm not being shuttlelooped or chainspiked offstage, I go just about even if not better against some of the best. I AM a Ganon. But that doens't subtract from the fact that I'm good. Most anyone, even the top players, can attest to this.

Anyway, for shoutouts:

1: ADHD - Good job on first, dude. I want to MM you again next we meet. No johns, but I just was dead tired all day and played like garbage.
2: Fats - We didn't really do much but play items FFA. XD I didn't get a single Smash ball. 3:
3: Koolaid - Kewlade
4: Fatal - Faetle
5: Zucco - GGs, Zucco. Wish we could've MMed though. Your Lucario gave me perspective on why Lucario's as high as he is. :p Really good player.
5: Orion - I don't think Diddy is your main, but I'd wager a secondary? Either way he was good, and it was really fun playing you, man. :)
7: Vinnie - Good job, Vinnie. :D
7: Bizkit - You placed almost where I usually place :0
9: Inui - Fun games, man. Really good Ike. Very similar to San's, only, you never really jab canceled me. :p
9: Doom - Really fun playing you, man. I wanna MM you again sometime when I'm not so groggy. Also, the tourney set was really fun. I won't lie though, the Frigate thing frustrated me a lot. I've honestly never been trapped under Frigate unless I was on the ledge, and this time I was on stage and jumped, but still got stuck. Definitely going to eat at me for a while, but good games, man. Really legit!
9: Etecoon - Good job outplacing most of the PRs. xD
9: TeeVee -Saw you go against ADHD, dude. You did really, really well, especially as ROB.
13: Bloodcross - woirnhbpon
13: Xzax - GGs to you, too, dude. We both did pretty bad in low-tier dubs, but it's all good. xD It was fun while it lasted. I just have next to zero doubles experience, so I play doubles like it's singles, but with two extra people lol. Good set in tourney, too. Glad I was able to get your Falco to mid-percent last stock. I'm getting a lot better versus Falco.
13: Bass - Nice job against Pelca, maaaan. Thanks again for the ride and bottle of water!
13: Ling Ling - I didn't really get to see you play. D:
17: Riot - You did really good against Inui. Keep it up, dude. You know you're more than capable.
17: Peachkid - Didn't see you play either. D:
17: Allied - McDonald's way too good. Git dat sweet tea aw ye. Good job carrying PELCA IN TEAMS *nudge nudge* xD
17: Pelca - We need to finish our MM. :p
17: Cawesome - Fun friendlies. I wanted to MM you though. D:
25: Kiwi - GGs in bracket, Kiwi. I have to admit though, that was probably the most nerve-wracking match I've ever had though. :p You certainly know how to make the MU as bad as it truly is for Ganon though. xP
33: Zao - We rocked dat ****

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I played like utter trash DX i really need to get out of this slump I'm in.... sajlskjdfhsdkj

ah well shoutouts probably later if i dont forget

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Vinnie - Nice to see you again, good stuff in LT!
Bizkit - Thanks for hosting! It was a good tournament.
Inui - Good seeing you again. There won't be any Ness next time so maybe you guys will come back?!
Bloodcross - I don't remember the last time I entered singles and didn't have to play you... Is it bad luck or do you enjoy making sure I can't place higher!!! =P
Adept - Nice matches!
Kiwi - KIIIIIIWIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!
Ace - Don't sweat the small stuff, and thanks for paying for me to enter singles. I wish I did better though.

17: Riot - You did really good against Inui. Keep it up, dude. You know you're more than capable.
Thanks, Singles just makes me so **** nervous. I have no one to apologize to when I screw up, no one to talk issues over with etc. But I think I am slowly getting a little bit more used to it.

17: Riot-i think mario and zelda will be unbeatable :D
Maybe, we should give a try next LT dubs!
teaming with riot in low tiers was the most fun i've ever had in teams. riot if theres ever a time you arnt teaming with peachkid (which is probably never lolol) i wanna try to team with you for regular doubles.
Maybe we can! I was looking up ways to break habits etc. and I noticed that sometimes pros take a break and then start back up again a while later to sort of reset themselves. I think me and PK have some habits that need breaking in teams so I was gonna talk to him and see if we might want to stop teaming for a month or two. Not right away or even very soon, but like maybe over winter break or something and then we would start teaming again after in training for the next APEX or another large scale tournament. I'll talk to him about it though and during that time I'll be a free agent lol. For now though I think we need a little redemption.

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
I get no shoutouts ololololol

Yeah, didn't enter because my thumb was an obvious handicap. Even though I could play, there was still some restriction and I wasn't doing a lot of the things I could've been doing.

Anyway, shoutouts:

1: ADHD- GJ in singles. Don't worry about LT dubz too much, I didn't plan on entering anyway and by the time we were up against Koolaid and Vinnie my lack of sleep was catching up with me.
2: Fats- You're one of the coolest people I've ever met, in all seriousness. Was hoping you'd win the tournament, but you still did very well. You just need to PUMP THE IRON IF YOU WANT TO WIN.
3: Koolaid- GJ in singles AND doubles. Your mario's legit too lol.
4: Fatal- I was surprised when your team beat Fats and Inui, but amazing job doing so.
5: Zucco- Nice meeting you, you're pretty chill.
5: Orion- GJ, grats on getting your revenge on Fatal.
7: Vinnie- It was cool meeting you, you're a nice guy. Ride on the way back to my place too good.
7: Bizkit- Nice seeing you. Despite the few bracket hiccups (which were hard to avoid anyway), I believe the tournament ran smoothly. Great job with the hosting.
9: Inui- Thanks for driving the lot of us. We have to team for LT doubles when the chance arises, since we both take it more seriously. I'm sure we'd come out on top.
9: Doom- Nice seeing you, sorry the bracket had to be that way. :/
9: Etecoon- I didn't really talk to you much, but hey nice job climbing your way through the brackets that far.
9: TeeVee- GJ in singles and LT doubles, it was nice seeing you again.
13: Bloodcross- So you had a bad day, don't worry about it. Just do better next time. I was hearing a lot of positive feedback about you on the ride home, so don't feel bad and just do better next time.
13: Xzax- Fun times, man. GGs in both LT dubz and the friendlies the night before.
13: Bass- GJ repping NH with etecoon. Sucks you had to play each other for 9th tho.
13: Ling Ling- Haven't really talked to you much, but GJ in LT dubz.
17: Riot- Sorry I didn't team with you for LT dubz, I honestly was not considering entering LT dubz at all until ADHD asked me. I didn't think I'd get a chance like this often, so I took it. Next time NE has LT dubz, we HAVE to team for sure. It's a guaranteed win.
17: Peachkid- Don't worry about today, you can do better and you know that. Off days happen.
17: Vermanubis- GGs in friendlies and LT dubz. The King of Evil is terrifying, and I heard a lot of positive feedback about you on the ride home.
17: Pelca- See my shoutout to Peachkid.
17: Cawesome- Nice seeing you again, it's been awhile.
25: Kiwi- Nice seeing you again, it's been faaaaarrrr too long. Enjoy the competition?
25: Double Rainbow All The Way (Prawn)- ACROSS THE SKYYYYY
25: Almo- Nice seeing you again.
25: Tempest- See my shoutout to Kiwi. Also nice job in LT dubz. I'm so sad Tymer couldn't go, but the chance will arise again.
25: D-rock- Nice meeting you, you're a cool guy.
33: Serriph- From what I saw, your yoshi isn't that bad. I think you maybe rely on too many techniques that in the long run aren't as useful as people make them out to be. Try working on the basic functions first, like better spacing and not SD'ing.

Other Fats- You're still awesome as ever.
Inui's grandfather's glasses- God tier.

Ness da bess.

Guys I housed/Drove with- I hope you guys were comfortable and enjoyed the housing. You're all a fun group to play and hang out with for sure, and I'd definitely do it again. I had a great time. Hit me up if any of you guys need housing again (preferably with a week or so notice) and I'll see what I can do.
Atomsk you forgot Poltergust

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I forgot GAce, SORRY! When I don't see you playing etc. I sometimes forget! Good to see you back though, NE is the home of the best Low Tiers for sure!

Green_Ace

Smash Apprentice
I forgot GAce, SORRY! When I don't see you playing etc. I sometimes forget! Good to see you back though, NE is the home of the best Low Tiers for sure!
Amen to that. Sorry it seems like I keep avoiding you for LT dubz and such, but I promise WE WILL TEAM SOMEDAY AND WE WILL WIN.

Ling Ling

Smash Apprentice
Any matches recorded at dis?
Yeah i have WF and GF that ir recorded with my digital camera, I think they'll be ready to watch tonight like at 8, i liked how atomsk handled ADHD with Falco I know people would like to see that.

I got bracket ***** in losers, fatal shouldn't have lost to orion.

GGs everyone i played i hope to play nj/ny players some other time.

Top Bottom