• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DNA Gaming USA #8, 8/21/10 - Results

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
1: ADHD - Nice seeing you, not nice ****** our region.
2: Fats - Thx for coming At-...Fats.
3: Koolaid - Good job placing best out of our region. And yea, I'll eventually stop SDing in our sets. Kiwi pointed out a huge flaw in how I play that I can fix now >.>.
4: Fatal - Why did you have to lose to Orion and screw up losers for everyone lmao.
5: Zucco - Ggs, for some reason I had the most fun playing you as far as tourney matches go.
5: Orion - Nice seeing you again, you're always fun to talk to.
7: Vinnie - Good job taking out Bloodcross, he has that G&W matchup down.
9: Inui - Vinnie, the NJ MK slayer. My bad about Ness in doubles, but we didn't have a problem until NJ came and went like all Ness. But you knew Ness was allowed before we started, though.
9: Doom - You keep losing to your region lmao. Good stuff beating Pelca.
9: Etecoon - You pulled a lot of upsets, good stuff. I was pretty nervous game 1 against you. But then you made the mistake of CPing me to the stage every single MK for the last month has been taking me.
9: TeeVee - You're slacking in singles.
13: Bloodcross - Tough bracket for you.
13: Xzax - I'm surprised you came, good stuff in doubles again.
13: Bass - Good **** beating Pelca, pretty big upset.
13: Ling Ling - Ya you got bracket ****ed in losers.
17: Riot - Stop being nervous and just play lmao, you main Zelda, every one likes it when you enter.
17: Peachkid - Step it upppp
17: Vermanubis - So when did you almost place 7th at a 45 person tourney with about 15 ranked players? >.>
17: Wave - Thx for the housing, was fun.
17: Allied - Pocket Ness.
17: Pelca - You got *****.
17: Duke - You can do better than this.
17: Cawesome - I have to admit, you vs BC round 2 was pretty silly.
25: Adept - Sorry about the money issue, but I counted it all out in front of Cawesome and the pot and prize matched so I'm positive you did not give me extra by mistake.
25: Kiwi - Don't worry bout low tier doubles, we didn't get to warm up either.
25: Double Rainbow All The Way (Prawn) - Prawn combos everywhere
25: Tempest - My bad about vsing TeeVee again, it's hard to keep track of everyone who plays each other and crap.
25: D-rock - Nice seeing you.
33: poopie - My bad about playing Shurley first round again, wasn't aware you played him last time.
33: Zao - My bad forgetting to put you in bracket, I was gunna let you choose the bye spot to replace (of not top seeds) I dunno why you wanted to keep it at Cawesome lulz.

One thing I want to point out, though. I tried to ignore it for a while, but it's starting to bother me a little bit. Bizkit, it seems like you can't get by the fact that I use Ganon. It's as if my skill as a player is irrelevant as long as I use Ganon. The fact that I got Fatal second match in my original seed was indicative of this. Though I am extremely confident against Snake, so much so I feel I COULD take on Fatal, the principle stands
I would like to point out that the beginner/intermediate/expert seeding categories made little to no difference in the final bracket at this, due to NJ trying to change the bracket to make sure they don't all play each other super early, which is why seeding took so long, they couldn't decide who should be playing who. I personally had no hand in where you ended up, the bracket was pretty difficult to seed with this level of competition. I don't think you understand the gigantic leap in good player to bad player ratio from last DNA to this. Your definition of high level at a tourney like this is very different from mine. We had multiple ranked NJ players here, with a couple of other OOR ranked players too, along with all of our own. It has nothing to do with you maining Ganon. Looking at the bracket now, I can only see a few people you could have replaced for their first round bye (Almo, Etecoon, Wave, Peachkid). That's about it, though.

I know you like to reference friendlies or how close you come to beating good players, but coming close doesn't mean you get higher seeds. You have to win. You've beaten Prawn, Peachkid, and Soma in the past. That's good, but I wouldn't call them high level at this point in time, no offense to them. But once again, just because you didn't get a bye doesn't mean you're seeded like trash. Prawn didn't get a bye, and he has beaten players like Koolaid before. Kiwi didn't get a bye, and she beat Hinkage. Bass has beaten IcyLight. If you look at the bracket, I think the majority of the people who had byes deserved it more, save maybe 2-3 that could have been debatable (though their past wins still has yours beat).

tldr; version: You weren't seeded bad because this tourney was very stacked. Next time, you're welcome to ASK about your seeding if you're that worried that you didn't get a bye or that you didn't get Fatal round 2, despite him being a top seed >.>.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Ace - Don't sweat the small stuff, and thanks for paying for me to enter singles. I wish I did better though.
I had money and the best way for you to get better in singles is to actually play them again. Plus I love watching your Zelda, it's fun.

And I'll stop sweating the small stuff, but I gotta prove a few things to myself first. Cause if I don't I'm never gunna be able to deal.

::shrug::

EDIT: Doom. He's up here for school. I'm like 90% sure that's why.

And Bizkit, it's not that we played last time. It's that me him and Hobo play a good amount. Overall I didn't care, I was just more shocked/surprised. When we talked at IHop it wasn't even one of the actual talking points, for me. That happens, it's not like i play him weekly like with Riot/PK/Meek/Chii/XFactor/CptHammer.

Albert.

Smash Master
Hey Vermanubis I thought your whole thing with Ganon was that you're resilient and ****. Quit whining then.

who cares about seeding, if you can't beat everyone in the world then you don't deserve to be a champion, simple as that.
If you know your Smash history then you know that that's the Best Ganon in Melee. You should take his lead.

You should mimic that mindset and start beating players, then maybe you can get ranked, and then maybe you'll get seeded. I'm on the same road.

There's no point in you complaining about whether or not you got a bye when you're just gonna get out-gayed 3rd or 4th round anyway.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Don't worry about seeding Verm, the bracket isn't perfect and being bracket ****ed isn't uncommon, I placed 25th for 3 straight tourneys because of it.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
its not being bracket ***** if you arnt ranked

as gay as it might sound, bizkit is right. if you dont want a top player in the first couple rounds (which was impossible at this tourny anyway considering **** like fatal vs orion round 3), start beating people and get ranked.

etecoon

Smash Hero
9: Etecoon - You pulled a lot of upsets, good stuff. I was pretty nervous game 1 against you. But then you made the mistake of CPing me to the stage every single MK for the last month has been taking me.
did I take you to delfino? lol I don't remember, I don't do particularly well there most of the time anyway I should ignore conventional wisdom that it's a good MK stage and just use my favorite stages more

and I wouldn't really say I upset anyone...idk, prawn is a better player than me but I didn't beat anyone that's ranked or anything, next time >:D

edit: teevee/kage are right, I've gotten a ton of top players early and someone said this to me at the tourney after seeing that I had doom(was switched to zucco) round 1 and I referenced kage. doesn't matter, just gotta get better than everyone and playing top players frequently will help you do that : )

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Hey Vermanubis I thought your whole thing with Ganon was that you're resilient and ****. Quit whining then.

If you know your Smash history then you know that that's the Best Ganon in Melee. You should take his lead.

You should mimic that mindset and start beating players, then maybe you can get ranked, and then maybe you'll get seeded. I'm on the same road.

There's no point in you complaining about whether or not you got a bye when you're just gonna get out-gayed 3rd or 4th round anyway.
Dohohoho. Seat yourself, my bombastic little toadie and you shall learn about the inner machinations of the mind of a Ganon.

Resilience is thetrademark of a true Ganon main. I am quite capable of beating the top players, despite difficulty. This being said, the King of Evil does not take issue with facing daunting tasks. He takes issue merely with the principle of seeding.

He does not mind the contents of a beginner seed. He minds the principle that he was given one in the first place. The last thing the King desires is to be pit against low-level players for the sake of placing. It is the principle of a low seed that disturbs the great King. Anybody who knows me knows I'm one of the most staunch and stoic mother****ers out there. I TAKE ON MUs PEOPLE LIKE YOU SNIVEL AND FLEE IN THE FACE OF; 70:30? HAHAHA!!

To quote my old combo video:

"There are those in this realm who would snivel and flee in the face of adversity. As well, many whom exist would derive arrogance from my weakened state."

"No matter their differences of similarities, I see naught but false kings who rests their perishable bodies upon thrones of delusion. For their delusion lies in dreams of infinity."

"But they are finite. They will expire and rot to feed the soil that grovels 'neath my thunderous gait. For darkness is infinite, and I, the King of Evil, am eternal."

"I shall free these pretenders from their misguided illusions. I shall wrest the crowns from usurper's heads and seize my throne as king of this world once again."

"I will seek out they who so eagerly beckon for death as to stand before me as my equal."

Now walk off, tail in hand, before I change my mind about booting you

IN

THE

****ING

FACE

:ganondorf:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Don't worry about seeding Verm, the bracket isn't perfect and being bracket ****ed isn't uncommon, I placed 25th for 3 straight tourneys because of it.
Thanks, Yume. :p

It's not at all the contents of the seed I'm bothered by. It's just the level of the seed. I'd hoped that'd be evident, considering I've never once showed issue in the past with a particular MU, as I know how capable I am. Only grievances on my end are instances of static seeding and being given a low seed due to my character. Doom himself spoke up about my seed, stating I was wrongfully placed in a beginner seed due to my character usage.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
I only placed you beginner at the first DNA you showed up to I think. You definitely weren't at this tourney. Your first opponent was actually the beginner seed at this one.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I only placed you beginner at the first DNA you showed up to I think. You definitely weren't at this tourney. Your first opponent was actually the beginner seed at this one.
As long as I don't fight the same people over and over and am not treated as a beginner, then I have zero issues. :p

Watkins

Smash Journeyman
It's unfortunate Maine couldn't make it, as we instead chose to have a weekend of heavy drinking. Maine will try to control their alcoholic tendencies in the future, but no promises can be made.
But ****, this bracket was stacked anyway lolol

Albert.

Smash Master
Watkins you do mean mostly yourself right? Good **** though, I wish I was doing that instead of visiting relatives -__-

btw we're FB friends OHMYGAWWW

I am quite capable of beating the top players, despite difficulty.
I'd suggest you do that, then.

But just think, Verm, every moment that you spend talking yourself up on the boards is another moment that you've wasted that you could have been spent practicing or studying the game.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Albert do us a favor and stop posting here. We don't acknowledge you, so why bother?

Is this the part where you say "umad" like everyone else? Here comes more bandwagoning and d*ck-sucking.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
It says he lives in Boston. If he ever goes offline, I'm tempted to MM him for his soul.

Almo

Smash Ace
3: Koolaid: nice job making top 3 with all pit!
4: Fatal: good job, don't worry, 4th is really great for such a hard tournament.
7: Vinnie: good games, i really hate the MK ditto. I will definitely take your advice though and work on it.
7: Bizkit: thanks for hosting, as always.
9: Doom: nice meeting you, and top 5 ZSS!
9: Etecoon: wow good job today. you have definitely proven yourself the past few months.
13: Bloodcross: don't go on a hiatus :(. This tourney was stacked.
13: Xzax: gg's, and thanks for helping me learn the falco matchup as MK haha. I feel way more confident vs. Falco now.
13: Bass: gg's. you had a really great day here.
13: Ling Ling: gg's in teams.
17: Riot: wow good job vs. inui. you were getting a lot of hype.
17: Peachkid: fun games. don't get so discouraged, i think this tournament got to a lot of people lol
17: Wave: you got better. i can see you having a great performance in the future if you keep it up.
17: Allied: nice to finally meet you! you're so chill, can't wait for the next time you come up here or i bother to travel lol
17: Pelca: you shouldn't be so cocky. don't worry man, everyone has bad days.
17: Duke: gg's. i lose to you so much haha. I kinda want to practice the MK ditto.
25: Soma: fun friendlies, you play a lot of characters pretty well lol
25: Double Rainbow All The Way (Prawn): don't worry about it man, you'll do better next time.
25: Tempest: good seeing you man.
25: D-rock: good games, it's really nice when people seek me out even though i'm not a top level player. Your wolf surprised me, it's very good.
33: Zao: GG's. Your Falco is definitely better. Keep practicing him, i can see it putting work in lol

Kirch: teams, lulz.
StarLight: Pit/Snake :D

Albert.

Smash Master
Bloodcross why are you so hostile? I just typed this MEAN AS HELL reply but then I was like "fvck it, the kid's got problems, no need to pour salt on the wounds"

and yeah Verm I'll MM you when I visit.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
13: Bloodcross: don't go on a hiatus :(. This tourney was stacked
I'm not bummed and am aware of the stacked attendance lol. I got ****ed harder than anyone else yo but I ain't bummed.

I want to experiment with a hiatus after MLG lol... except for the Vernon tourney I haven't been there in a while.

translate: umad
Yeah, don't bother. Ahem, no u.

Almo

Smash Ace
wtf Almo

We've met like, 7 other times. We even money matched once.
im tired. forgot. lol

totally remember our marth vs. snake $5 money match though. my bad.

i thought that was the only time we've met though?

etecoon

Smash Hero
10correcteds.
needs more :popo:

It's unfortunate Maine couldn't make it, as we instead chose to have a weekend of heavy drinking. Maine will try to control their alcoholic tendencies in the future, but no promises can be made.
But ****, this bracket was stacked anyway lolol
you could've just shown up drunk and given us free wins and royally ****ed the next PR

Dude, drunk Daz is on point. He might actually be better drunk, it's like Suiken or some crazy **** like that.

He just jumps around and throws out hits and they connect. Then he sits down and drinks some more alcohol.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Yeah i have WF and GF that ir recorded with my digital camera, I think they'll be ready to watch tonight like at 8, i liked how atomsk handled ADHD with Falco I know people would like to see that.

I got bracket ***** in losers, fatal shouldn't have lost to orion.

GGs everyone i played i hope to play nj/ny players some other time.
i love how i take him to 5th game twice in your region last tournament, both sets coming down to the wire (minus game 5 second set), and then both sets we played saturday where really close matches (cept game 3 the set i won) and then everyones like. uber surprised i win.

Prawn

Smash Master
Darc uses scented candles when he gets down and dirty with the ladies for maximum effect.

Maximum effect.

Top Bottom