• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DNA Gaming & Entertainment #19 - 9/17/11, Framingham, MA - Results *MK Banned*

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
This was an MK banned tourney. Took out the long joke names so it looked more neat.

Singles:

1: Fatal

2: Koolaid

3: Bizkit

4: Mikeray4

5: vVv Pelca

5: Riot

7: Bloodcross

7: JoeST

9: LingLing
9: IcyLight
9: Prawn
9: Kiwi
13: illegalbenifitsintights (Soma)
13: Serriph
13: Kevin (Duke)
13: JellyFishRage
17: Tatta
17: PeachKid
17: Almo
17: TGDs
17: McRib
17: Tempest
17: Ikon
17: Tom
25: Gil
25: AKC12
25: Topes

Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/cJoeH.gif

Doubles:

1: Koolaid + Ling Ling
+
/

2: Fatal + Bloodcross
+

3: Bizkit + Riot
+

4: Adam Gibson + Soma
+

5: Ace + Pelca
+

5: Almo + Peachkid
+

7: Scrub + IcyLight
+

7: Prawn + Duke
+

9: TGDs + Tatta
9: Nacho + Tempest
9: Sphere + Kiwi
9: JoeST + JellyfishRage
13: Tymer + GF
13: Ikon + McRib
13: Tom & Gil

Bracket Image: http://i.imgur.com/EqRa2.gif

Where to start....

This event was amazing. First of all, everyone needs to give a big thanks to Jamie from Game Underground for letting us host this tourney with only 24 hours notice. He saved this tourney from being cancelled. The fact that he willingly let us do this on top of the Black Ops tourney was nothing short of a godsend.

Secondly, big thanks to Fatal for helping me get this mess sorted out on Friday. Without him, this would have likely been cancelled. Needless to say, I won't be hosting at the Worcester DNA venue anymore.

Third, our special guest was Scrub from Missouri! So for those of you who did not come and wanted to see him...your loss unfortunately. Forgot to mention, this was JoeST's last tourney for a long time. He is going into the Navy, wish him luck!

Last, MK banned easily makes this game more fun. Mostly doubles, but there's still a slight difference in singles too. I don't want to run all my MK events banned, due to Apex coming up, but I will do another one soon (unless MK gets banned officially anyway).

Also, sorry that I could not run pools or ammy bracket at this. Due to the last minute change with the venue and the less amount of time we had overall, I didn't want to risk anything with only 6 setups and 8 hours. But thanks to everyone that was supportive of this, I definitely did not expect there to be 15 TEAMS. I will definitely keep running doubles at half price if it keeps helping people enter doubles.

Small Survey for DNA #19 (Please try to answer these!)

#1. Did you enjoy MK being banned at this tourney? Why or why not?
#2. Did anything dumb happen to you because of MK being banned? (Such as being CPed too hard)
#3. Would you like the next tourney I host to be MK banned again?
#4. What differences in your sets did you notice with MK being banned?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Singles:

1: Fatal :snake: ($129.60)
2: Koolaid :pit: :warioc: ($59.40)
3: Bizkit :snake: ($37.80)
4: Mikeray4 :snake: :falcon: ($21.60)
5: vVv Pelca :falco: :fox: :snake: ($10.80)
5: Riot :zelda: ($10.80)

Almo

Smash Ace
here ya go ripple, this is everything i remember.

1: Fatal :snake:
2: Koolaid :pit: :wario:
3: Bizkit :snake:
4: Mikeray4 :snake:
5: vVv Pelca :falco: :fox: :snake:
5: Riot :zelda:
7: Bloodcross :falco: :snake:
7: JoeST :snake:
9: LingLing :dedede: :kirby2:
9: IcyLight :olimar:
9: Prawn :popo:
9: Kiwi :kirby2:
13: illegalbenifitsintights (Soma) :diddy: :popo:
13: Serriph :yoshi2:
13: Kevin (Duke) :lucario: :dedede:
13: JellyFishRage :pit:
17: Tatta :marth:
17: PeachKid :peach:
17: Almo :marth:
17: TGDs
17: McRib
17: Tempest
17: Ikon
17: Tom :lucas:
25: Gil
25: AKC12 :fox:
25: Topes

fun event, i really hope mk ban tournaments happen more often here.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Things that need to be fixed

My name
My Character usage- I used Snake+Captain Falcon.
And make sure you add in that Hinkage was banned from this tourney as well as Metaknight

I'm not trying to start anything....but these things affected the outcome of the tourney, so please fix them.

-Your friendly neighborhood spiderman

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
#1. I don't enjoy my main being banned. And I really don't enjoy not having a doubles character.
#2. Yeah, going all Falco in doubles screwed me over (only reason me and Fatal lost... it was all me).
#3. Not the next tourney but I don't exactly mind either. My falco is horrible now anyway and these tournaments give me an excuse to try completely different characters (and prepare myself to lose to players I wouldn't normally lose to).
#4. No ****ing difference except for Pelca losing to mikeray because he didn't have an MK to beat mike with on Rainbow Cruise. SERIOUSLY, BAN RC AND BRINSTAR BEFORE BANNING MK... I'M TALKING TO EVERYONE WHO SEES THIS. MK IS COMPLETELY BEATABLE AND THE BIGGEST REASON FOR MK'S DOMINANCE IS THE FACT THAT HE TAKES CONTROL OF THE ENTIRE STAGELIST. Remember these lyrics? "bannin' brinstar? i don't care i still got 3 dawg".... YEAH I WOULD REFERENCE MK DA BESS SONG

These brackets were bull****. There's a trend when Bizkit makes the brackets. One side of the bracket is stacked while the other one... well the opposite. You can call me out saying "it's what seeding by PR's would look like" all you want, and you're right... but that was bull****... really all I gotta say about that. Me, Fatal, and Koolaid were all on one side of the bracket... and we're honestly THE ACTUAL Top 3 of our region lolololol. Oh, and all 3 of us beat Bizkit pretty consistently. Coincidence? I think not

I ALSO DON'T ****ING APPRECIATE YOU LEAVING YOUR CHEST HAIRS IN MY BATHROOM WITHOUT ****ING CLEANING UP... I HAD TO HANDPICK SOME OF YOUR ****... I MEAN FFS BIZKIT. Other than that I'm glad that everyone who came to my smashfest came. Especially to scrub and joest.

Another thing. I love you Riot, and I don't want you to take offense to this... but you beat unranks to get 5th. GJ getting 5th, but it just goes to show what a ****ty bracket people generate can do for people.

GG's Koolaid. I love a good set with actual mindgames and a good set that keeps me thinking constantly. Brawl is more about thinking about your options rather than constant autopilot.

AND, hinkage banned was a huge bummer. Totally made this tournament suck slightly more.

/hate

Almo

Smash Ace
oh and about the survey:

1. Yes! Not having to deal with MK, even in the ditto was fun, and doubles was really great without him.
2. Nothing dumb happened. In doubles I made technical errors so silly things happened, but those were my own fault.
3. I would like to see a MK ban tournament in the future, yes.
4. Well since specifically I play MK, it affected me directly. I think my set with Kiwi was probably the only one that would have affected me. If I was able to use MK and had won, it just proves that he's a crutch for me. She completely outplayed me though, so idk how it would go with MK.

Things that need to be fixed

My name
My Character usage- I used Snake+Captain Falcon.
And make sure you add in that Hinkage was banned from this tourney as well as Metaknight

I'm not trying to start anything....but these things affected the outcome of the tourney, so please fix them.

-Your friendly neighborhood spiderman
You didn't win with Falcon, so I'm not entirely sure that counts as using him.

Hinkage being banned has nothing to do with results. People don't go to tournaments all the time, whether it's their choice or not. MK is mentioned in the title.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
oh and about the survey:

1. Yes! Not having to deal with MK, even in the ditto was fun, and doubles was really great without him.
2. Nothing dumb happened. In doubles I made technical errors so silly things happened, but those were my own fault.
3. I would like to see a MK ban tournament in the future, yes.
4. Well since specifically I play MK, it affected me directly. I think my set with Kiwi was probably the only one that would have affected me. If I was able to use MK and had won, it just proves that he's a crutch for me. She completely outplayed me though, so idk how it would go with MK.

You didn't win with Falcon, so I'm not entirely sure that counts as using him.

Hinkage being banned has nothing to do with results. People don't go to tournaments all the time, whether it's their choice or not. MK is mentioned in the title.

I won against AKC12 with falcon and then used him again vs tatta.
In fact I should have went falcon against kiwi because I was feeling confident with him and my snake is balls bad. Thanks for playing almo.
Hinkage not being allowed to go does in fact change some outcomes in the tourney.

Almo

Smash Ace
I won against AKC12 with falcon and then used him again vs tatta.
In fact I should have went falcon against kiwi because I was feeling confident with him and my snake is balls bad. Thanks for playing almo.
Hinkage not being allowed to go does in fact change some outcomes in the tourney.
ahh, i didn't watch all your sets, i actually thought you used falcon against kiwi, who you lost to. nvm

Hinkage not going can affect results, but you can say the same thing about Teevee not going to this. It doesn't make sense to mention that someone didn't go, by force or choice. It doesn't need attention.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
#1. I don't enjoy my main being banned. And I really don't enjoy not having a doubles character.
#2. Yeah, going all Falco in doubles screwed me over (only reason me and Fatal lost... it was all me).
#3. Not the next tourney but I don't exactly mind either. My falco is horrible now anyway and these tournaments give me an excuse to try completely different characters (and prepare myself to lose to players I wouldn't normally lose to).
#4. No ****ing difference except for Pelca losing to mikeray because he didn't have an MK to beat mike with on Rainbow Cruise. SERIOUSLY, BAN RC AND BRINSTAR BEFORE BANNING MK... I'M TALKING TO EVERYONE WHO SEES THIS. MK IS COMPLETELY BEATABLE AND THE BIGGEST REASON FOR MK'S DOMINANCE IS THE FACT THAT HE TAKES CONTROL OF THE ENTIRE STAGELIST. Remember these lyrics? "bannin' brinstar? i don't care i still got 3 dawg".... YEAH I WOULD REFERENCE MK DA BESS SONG

These brackets were bull****. There's a trend when Bizkit makes the brackets. One side of the bracket is stacked while the other one... well the opposite. You can call me out saying "it's what seeding by PR's would look like" all you want, and you're right... but that was bull****... really all I gotta say about that. Me, Fatal, and Koolaid were all on one side of the bracket... and we're honestly THE ACTUAL Top 3 of our region lolololol. Oh, and all 3 of us beat Bizkit pretty consistently. Coincidence? I think not

I ALSO DON'T ****ING APPRECIATE YOU LEAVING YOUR CHEST HAIRS IN MY BATHROOM WITHOUT ****ING CLEANING UP... I HAD TO HANDPICK SOME OF YOUR ****... I MEAN FFS BIZKIT. Other than that I'm glad that everyone who came to my smashfest came. Especially to scrub and joest.

Another thing. I love you Riot, and I don't want you to take offense to this... but you beat unranks to get 5th. GJ getting 5th, but it just goes to show what a ****ty bracket people generate can do for people.

GG's Koolaid. I love a good set with actual mindgames and a good set that keeps me thinking constantly. Brawl is more about thinking about your options rather than constant autopilot.

AND, hinkage banned was a huge bummer. Totally made this tournament suck slightly more.

/hate
Ya I'm quoting this whole thing. But I'd like to add, that against pelca I CAN beat him game 3 if I CP halberd or frigate....the thing is I never win game 1......plus I was dumb before and always tried to face his MK on brinstar or rainbow before.

Also, him not having MK doesnt mean my win vs him wasn't legit. (I've lost to falco on RC before). He was bound to lose AT LEAST ONCE sometime....our matches are always close....

On to the Bizkit situation

Its true...this is the 2nd tourney where he only needed to beat 1 ranked player (Pelca who he always beats) to get top 3....

I mean thats great and all, pelca is good...but fatal had a much harder side of the bracket and it shows he deserves his 1st place victory...bizkit doesnt REALLY deserve it.

It really is to bad that serriph and prawn didnt clinch their wins when they won game 1 vs bizkit.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
so... Pelca cp'd you to rc?

i used to cp him to rc/brinstar thinking his mk is balls bad.

Also, how dare you think you're part of the top 3 in this region. I have beaten your falco and your mk

WTF THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE IN CAPS

Almo

Smash Ace
Now that I look at the bracket, I don't agree with Icylight as seed #7 and Ling Ling as seed #8, and why i got Kiwi round 1 when Fatal got JellyFishRage round 2 i don't entirely understand either (kiwi was seeded below jellyfishrage, tempest and Serriph), but it is what it is. Actually glad I got to play Kiwi, kinda humbled me a bit, didn't realize how good her kirby was haha.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
good stuff to winners. my buddies were in the black ops tourney but they failed me. lol at mk banned. i didnt know he is that destructive. now i see a lot of snakes on the board.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
2: Koolaid
- Close first match, after that I sort of failed though. Still ggs! Maybe I'll get you next time.
3: Bizkit
- Nice teaming with you. At least we didn't lose to metaknights lol.
7: JoeST
- GG. I think Falco would have been a better choice after match one, but they were good matches nonetheless. Good luck in the navy!
9: LingLing - Good matches. You played the matchup so differently from the last time we played, it really messed with me. By the time I figured out what you were doing it was too late D=!
9: Kiwi - Good matches! Your Kirbs is better than your snake. And stop putting yourself down, you took a round of off Pelca and almost beat him, that's better than what I can do!
13: JellyFishRage- GGs. You got a lot better since the last time we played.
17: PeachKid- Stop beating yourself into the ground every time you make one mistake!
17: Tempest- It was good to see you again.
17: Ikon- GGs. You'll get used to the matchup eventually. Try looking it up, it's not tough once you figure it out.

#2. Did anything dumb happen to you because of MK being banned? (Such as being CPed too hard)

1: Yes, Nice change of pace. It allowed me to actually think about CP people... usually I don't since it causes people to go MK which is usually a worse matchup for Zelda than whoever they are already playing (except Oli and GnW lol). And doubles was fun to watch for once.
2: No.
3: The very next one? I'm not so sure. The one after that... most def.
4: Ability to CP restored. Less being taken to horrible stages because no other character is as comfortable there (brinstar, Delfino, etc.).

Almo

Smash Ace
Seeding was

1. Fatal
2. Bizkit
3. Pelca
4. Bloodcross
5. Koolaid
6. Mikeray
7. Icylight
8. Ling Ling

and for some reason i was seeded 11th (not actually seeded, but that's what my seed # was) even though i'm not good and i couldn't play as my main lol

hinkage

Smash Apprentice
Kiwi has beaten Mike and I. But Mike and I used to beat Kiwi.
But Mike and I beat Bizkit. But Bizkit used to beat us.

...Does this mean that Bizkit was inside Kiwi today?

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Message from Bizkit: Your brother is now banned from the next tourney I host

mikeray4

Smash Ace
1: Fatal-

2: Koolaid- i luv u lil' guy.
3: Bizkit- So many things to say. So little I actually care enough to bring up.
4: Mikeray4-feels good to not care
5: vVv Pelca- We play each other so much, that even though you win all the time we still have fun during our set.
5: Riot- doubles doubles doubles....where my MK partner at?
7: Bloodcross-yo i herd the brax were stacked. good JOB in doooooblaz
7: JoeST- Sad to see you leave, but I hope you do well in the Navy and so be safe. (all jokes aside, take care of yourself).
9: LingLing- Fue muy divertido jugar le hoy. La DDD es realmente duro y juego 3 que conseguí un pelín suerte leyendo sus rollos por error. De todas formas que me dio un ataque al corazón y espero que no tengo que jugar de nuevo.
9: IcyLight-Prawn 2 good
9: Prawn- Mikeray 2 good
9: Kiwi-see hinks post? I dunno, you played good today. I know you still hate me cause I'm a troll bully to bizkit and I'm a womanizer.
13: illegalbenifitsintights (Soma)- Had a lot of fun in doubs today, and we didnt do to bad! hit me up at any other MK banned tourneys or if I need a break from my usual MK/Snake teams.
13: Serriph- I TOLD YOU BOUT GRABS BRO. I TOLD YOU.
13: Kevin (Duke)- I TOLD YOU ABOUT MARTH BRO, I TOLD YOU.
13: JellyFishRage- LOL AT OUR DOUBS SET
17: Tatta- My CF lost to you, so I had to go snake, and you still did a good job vs it.
17: PeachKid- leidasha
17: Almo-1 face, 2 face, red face, blue face.
17: Tempest-sphere hits on pit mains
25: AKC12- THE GOOD CAPTAIN STRIKES AGAIN. HYES

All in all, thankx jamie for letting us use the venue, and thanks to the guys playing that sick japanese rave game

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Why do all of you constantly ***** about everything?

Fatal - You responded to Freetal....lol
Koolaid - We need to finish our mario dittos. Game 3!
Kiwi - Every time you go to a tournament it's so much more enjoyable. Olimar dittos are too good :p
Tempest - Haven't seen you in a long time, glad everything's going alright!
Tymer - Guild wars incoming, you should play with all of us :D
Bloodcross - Using my old playstyle against your Falco made the matches much closer, If I keep going hopefully I'll be able to compete with you again. You used to not be able to beat me and now i can't even take a game off you =( Keep it up!
Naucitos - Yoshi infinite on pictochat xD
Scrub - Best Samus in the World

Yes, the tourney was a much more enjoyable experience. Everyone I talked to seemed to agree.

Not at all, only dumb things were brawl related. Like tripping into prawn's grabs ><

Yes, much more fun. Especially doubles.

No difference, still lose to shenanigans and falcos :D

So Fatal

Smash Master
I'm glad this turned out to be a great event when it was facing cancellation. I probably had the most intense match of my life with koolaid in winners semis, sad it didn't get saved.

Shoutouts to Jamie for being awesome, BC for getting 2nd in dubz with me, soma for reverse three stocking peachkid and riot getting top 5 and money :). I know the seeding was by PRS but I had a much harder bracket to winners finals then bizkit, o well. Great day.. Fridays after with the homies was amazing too, shoutout to the itis

also MK ban was fine. I'm not pro ban or anything but it makes tournaments more interesting. I think Brinstar and RC should be banned and MK should not, that would work just as well IMO

woo I got the best shoutout from mikeray lol

etecoon

Smash Hero
It's a shame Bizkit is mad at him for... practically being 15 years old.
he's not so young that you can say he doesn't know better, you're just enabling him by making flimsy excuses like this

not that being banned from a brawl tournament is any kind of punishment, still can't blame bizkit for not being able to tolerate him anymore though

mikeray4

Smash Ace
he's not so young that you can say he doesn't know better, you're just enabling him by making flimsy excuses like this

not that being banned from a brawl tournament is any kind of punishment, still can't blame bizkit for not being able to tolerate him anymore though
Well for one he's 16 now. And for two you're etecoon so in response I'm going to say....
LOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLL OK ETECOON

Top Bottom